[Approved] Legend of Mir Chronicles [AceM2]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
2015... A year in summary.

Did you know that in 2015 the Mir Chronicles team made 580 commits which resulted in 26 new spells, 33 new monster AI's, one new class, a completely refactored Sabuk, an achievement system and over 630 support tickets responded to.

We believe we have been and will continue to push the boundaries of Mir in Europe and look forward to providing a continued fantastic Mir experience for you all into 2016.
Here is a quick summary of some of the additions we made in 2015.

Chronicles Development Team

yearsummary2015.jpg

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
I tried to download from the romania link (the only download working) and it says it has a virus, can you check this ? Is my antivirus stupid again ?

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
I tried to download from the romania link (the only download working) and it says it has a virus, can you check this ? Is my antivirus stupid again ?

Will have a look... I think many of the common anti virus detectors believe the mir2.exe is a virus (probably because of our anti cheat detection built into the exe).

We are having a technical difficulty with the website at the moment, once it has been resolved I will post a link to the patcher.

Sam

---------- Post Merged at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:32 AM ----------

Chronicles Installer

There you go Vagrant.

Sam

Razarus

Sour Sally
Dedicated Member
Dec 6, 2013
Server team makes retarded changes without looking at impact, and doesnt change things that been silly fron the start, basic things like drop balance of caves is non existant avoid this crap.

Some of what this guy has posted is true.
Words 1, 2, 3, 5. the rest seem to be some form of froth or dribble.

Server Team makes changes.

Do patches and updates come as swiftly as people would like? Nope
Do bug fixes happen quick enough? Nope
Is there enough server team presence ingame and on the forums? Nope

You will find that there are a number of negative things that can be said about this server as they can be said about any server. Negative feedback is based on the writers perspective or what is good and bad. The only way to decide if this server is for you is to play it yourselves.

Lets flip those things on their head.
Do patches and updates still happen after almost 2 years? Yes
Do bug still get fixed after almost 2 years? Yes
Do the server team have a presence ingame and on the forums after 2 years? Yes.

Perspective..

The server team whether you like them or not have competently kept a low>med rate server going for almost 2 years with a healthy user count and continue to deliver content, fixes and support. They have shown that they aren't afraid to make class balance adjustments, release new classes, play with monster AI and redevelop Sabuk war to actually be fun. All whilst working full time jobs and raising families.

There have been some very nice changes to the exp to allow "catch up" for any players that tested this at launch and were put off bu the VERY LOW RATE should give it another look now.
EXP was increased by 50% for EVERYONE for completing an Event a year ago. there is also a 1.5x modifier for every level up to 48 but there have also been exp table adjustments as well.

Here is a quick example of how these changes affect you.
Launch - Orc 4500 exp (example cant remember exact exp)
First exp Buff - Orc - 6750 exp (basted on figure above)
EXP Table Adjustment - Orc - 45000 exp
Pre Level 48 buff - Orc - 67500 exp

15x Faster....

Come back and have a gander, I will boost any and all beginners to make it even faster to get "into the game"

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Some of what this guy has posted is true.
Words 1, 2, 3, 5. the rest seem to be some form of froth or dribble.

Server Team makes changes.

Do patches and updates come as swiftly as people would like? Nope
Do bug fixes happen quick enough? Nope
Is there enough server team presence ingame and on the forums? Nope

You will find that there are a number of negative things that can be said about this server as they can be said about any server. Negative feedback is based on the writers perspective or what is good and bad. The only way to decide if this server is for you is to play it yourselves.

Lets flip those things on their head.
Do patches and updates still happen after almost 2 years? Yes
Do bug still get fixed after almost 2 years? Yes
Do the server team have a presence ingame and on the forums after 2 years? Yes.

Perspective..

The server team whether you like them or not have competently kept a low>med rate server going for almost 2 years with a healthy user count and continue to deliver content, fixes and support. They have shown that they aren't afraid to make class balance adjustments, release new classes, play with monster AI and redevelop Sabuk war to actually be fun. All whilst working full time jobs and raising families.

There have been some very nice changes to the exp to allow "catch up" for any players that tested this at launch and were put off bu the VERY LOW RATE should give it another look now.
EXP was increased by 50% for EVERYONE for completing an Event a year ago. there is also a 1.5x modifier for every level up to 48 but there have also been exp table adjustments as well.

Here is a quick example of how these changes affect you.
Launch - Orc 4500 exp (example cant remember exact exp)
First exp Buff - Orc - 6750 exp (basted on figure above)
EXP Table Adjustment - Orc - 45000 exp
Pre Level 48 buff - Orc - 67500 exp

15x Faster....

Come back and have a gander, I will boost any and all beginners to make it even faster to get "into the game"

Nice post Raz, thanks for the support.

Sam

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
The only problem is the Catch-up low level buff to 48, is still not fast enough to get newcomers to play. The buff is plenty high enough for the levels 40-48, but you want to get people straight into the game, making the 1-40 even faster could help that, especially people who may want to return but reroll a new class.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
its not worth it at all to rejoin... or start now.

there has been way too much money smashed into the server to even come close to anyone's kit without spending silly money on the game.

you'd be forever be playing catch up and never able to pk anyone even if you wanted too.

JoeS

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 15, 2009

there has been way too much money smashed into the server to even come close to anyone's kit without spending silly money on the game.

you'd be forever be playing catch up and never able to pk anyone even if you wanted too.

There are plenty of mid level players and up-and-comers to compete with. Just because you can't login and compete with people or guilds that have played since the server started doesn't the server is bad...Put time in or quit your moaning.

---------- Post Merged at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:51 PM ----------

The only problem is the Catch-up low level buff to 48, is still not fast enough to get newcomers to play. The buff is plenty high enough for the levels 40-48, but you want to get people straight into the game, making the 1-40 even faster could help that, especially people who may want to return but reroll a new class.

Should be another buff here at Christmas, maybe it will be better for the 1-40 range?

Razarus

Sour Sally
Dedicated Member
Dec 6, 2013
Whilst I agree and have suggested a starting level of 40 myself if that never comes to light there are still people like me willing to boost others to 34/35 in a couple of hours. That is usually high enough to get into a guild and progress at a decent pace from there.

I agree that the "catch up" is for content rather than the ability to compete with the 2 year vets or £2000+ "vets"
But then a "catch up" shouldn't really devalue the time invested to obtain such high level gear it should in my opinion allow you to hunt the same content but not as efficiently.

"catch up" to me is about content and community rather than competitive play, again it is just perspective and each to their own.

You are for more likely to find a guild and explore the game at level 45+ than you are at level 25. and doing 25-45+ alone "was" tedious, slow and caused a lot of people not to bother. now its 15 times easier. That can only be a good thing.

Bromen

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 6, 2008
Manchester, UK
And no razarus idd say alll words were true, changes are made with no calculations behind them just hope for the best, low level dungeons are in the same state they were when the server was released, low levels will hunt in omas etc when they start till 35+ as its the only place to tet decent gold drop rates (yes theres how many other low level dunegons? just comepletely forgotton and unlooked at.) i wont bother to read your entire post of crap Razarus.

Razarus

Sour Sally
Dedicated Member
Dec 6, 2013
And no razarus idd say alll words were true, changes are made with no calculations behind them just hope for the best, low level dungeons are in the same state they were when the server was released, low levels will hunt in omas etc when they start till 35+ as its the only place to tet decent gold drop rates (yes theres how many other low level dunegons? just comepletely forgotton and unlooked at.) i wont bother to read your entire post of crap Razarus.

I did not expect you to read it Bromen, you aren't the sort.
You made your opinion clear and however flawed the examples you base your opinion on are, that's how you wish to interpret the information and that is your choice.
I cant change your mind and don't want to.

All i'm saying is let people decide for themselves instead of spewing poorly structured ramblings about a single opinion based on what seems to be majorly pre 35 content.

So my offer stands to anyone new, If you fancy this server and much like Bromen cant face low level content then im still happy to boost people to 34/35 within one evening.

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Flawed*

Chronicles is good for some euro nostalgia for new starters. The only reason the current high levels are still playing imo is they feel theyve invested too much time, too much money, or are making too much money to stop. Its not even fun at endgame. Its absolute groundhog day every single day. You can pinpoint movements of alot of people or atleast super biked char almost to the minute and almost to the coords. Do this, do that, afk a bit, do this, do that. Zzzz.

noisound

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 23, 2004
Great server been playing it since Start date, got several high levels of different classes, definitely one of the better private servers ive ever played.

HarryH

On the bandwagon
Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2014
The server has been in a slow downward spiral since about February due to the absolute dominance of bosses by assassins. The marketplace has crumbled because there are 3-4 players ingame who can kill the best dropping bosses solo and make sure they die every spawn of the day.

Prior to february potentially only 30% of hell spawns got killed at most, the same for orc warlord, jinchon devil etc. The drop file systejm is too charitable to sustain a boss being killed every possible spawn of the day... Multiply that by all the bosses in the game and the marketplace was bound to get absolutely ****ed.

P.s. I told stoney to use the redeyeskull, just keep it I said, had a big argument with 'higher ups' and still don't agree with their decision.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
had a big argument with 'higher ups' and still don't agree with their decision.

When will you learn that you're just Shaun Marriot's bitch while you're in his guild? Can give as much as you like, but in the end your opinion isn't valued.

Used and abused.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Ho ho ho and a Merry Christmas!

Story

This year Santa needs our help! He filled the Christmas tree in Bichon with presents and headed back to his work shop to restock his slay, however, upon arrival an evil wizard summoned a mighty blue dragon to stop Santa from for-filling his yearly tradition.

Santa hoped to sneak into his workshop through the back door, but the evil wizard sent the dragon to the top of a tower overlooking Santa's home and workshop and sealed the entrance with a powerful spell.

The blue dragon, with his powerful ice magic has been attacking and freezing any who approach the buildings.

Santa has enlisted the help of the Bichon Guard to break the seal and defeat the enormous dragon, however, to break the seal requires great Christmas magic that Santa usually draws from Christmas objects around him.

Heroes, we must collect enough Christmas objects and give them to Santa so he can break the seal... Then working with the Bichon Guard, we must defeat this wicked dragon and bring Christmas back to the land!

Event
  • Christmas jingles! - Christmas music shall spread joy across the land!
  • Snow - Provinces involved in the event will be snowing (although snow can be disabled if it is causing nausea or irritation).
  • Icicles, Snowflakes, Baubles - Collectable items to give to Santa to aid him in breaking the seal.
  • ChristmasTree, Snowmen, Reindeer - Christmas mobs will spawn on Snowy provinces that drop Icicles, Snowflakes and Baubles.
  • Santa's magical armour - Expiry Christmas hats, gloves and boots will be given to all of those who take part this year! The items will expire at the end of the event, however, they will hold equivalent stats of a high level item for their owner's class.
  • BlueDragon - A huge dragon that does percent based damage will reward any player who takes part in his defeat... Instead of the traditional drop, any player who hits the Dragon and survives will be rewarded with a present upon his death, giving everyone an equal chance of something nice (and there are some nice something's this year).
  • Baubles/CandyCanes - Christmas ornaments and treats provide players with christmas boosts! HP, MP and DMG.
  • Christmas day present - Similar to last year there will be a present under the tree on Christmas day as a thank you.

Advert
chroniclesxmas.png

Sam

---------- Post Merged on 21-12-2015 at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 17-12-2015 at 08:26 PM ----------

Couple of screenshots from yesterdays Dragon Raid...

It escalated pretty quickly lol.

Images80.jpg

Images588.jpg

Sam

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
It's easily the worst background story i've ever heard, but the content and the like looks awesome! :D

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
It's easily the worst background story i've ever heard, but the content and the like looks awesome! :D

:O! It was written by one of the finest story writers in all the land I'll have you know!

Sam

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
:O! It was written by one of the finest story writers in all the land I'll have you know!

Sam

Was he drunk :D

But no, it does a fine job explaining the event so it's cool. I should really play Chronicles again .... :S

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Was he drunk :D

But no, it does a fine job explaining the event so it's cool. I should really play Chronicles again .... :S

When did you stop playing? A lot has changed over the last 12 months... I haven't done a very good job of advertising the changes tbh :(.

Sam