Legend Of Mir: Affinity Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
Re: Legend Of Mir: Affinity Ascendancy

When I quit i gave away all my kit/gold. I've been trying to play again but finding it hard to kit back up, any tips?

Jamole

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 9, 2004

When I quit i gave away all my kit/gold. I've been trying to play again but finding it hard to kit back up, any tips?

What's your chara name? How did you kit up to begin with?
Either TM or hunting certain bosses.. depends on your lvl..

Fl@sh

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 3, 2016

We apologise for the incovienience but we are experiencing technical difficulties with the server, we shall update you all as soon as we can.

- Affinity Team.

Any update on around what time it will be back up?

Also a group of us were at EM when it went down can we get a group tele back after you've checked logs.. or at least our scales back :P

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005

We are currently getting closer to fixing our problem, we do not have a Exact time, but I would say this evening would be a good estimate for when the server will come back online.

We apologise for the inconvienience that this may have caused and can ensure you we are doing our absolute best to get this resolved as quickly as possible so you can all get back to playing.

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015

any more updates azzi?

Fl@sh

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 3, 2016

Not happy to say the least... there was a rewind? A luck 5 bos, 25%, 40m and an infinity ring down.. due to nothing of my own fault....

---------- Post Merged at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:24 AM ----------

Honestly feel like quitting over this. I was just getting somewhere, almost 49 in half decent kit with 60m saved. Now I'm almost skint nowhere near 49 and in average kit again.

Last edited:

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015

Give flash his things bck gm, be the better person lol

Fl@sh

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 3, 2016

Should be reimbursable if he's able to check logs?

Fl@sh

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 3, 2016

I'm so frustrated at this server right now, after stupidly picking the class Wiz. A recent nerf to wiz shield and buff to warriors has completely ruined class balance for all to see. The same guild with the 50+ warriors has kept sw ever since.

A warriors TDB hits almost double flaming sword to a level 50 wiz who has no pro ring and just 777hp.... Flaming sword is meant to be a warriors speciality move with a cooldown because of how hard it hits, yet a warrior can spam tdb every hit hitting almost double that damage? It's absolutely ludicrous to put it mildly.

This is supposed to be a low/med rate? I have 1500dc luck20 on 5h (a high rate) and I can't even one hit wizards of the same level.. yet Warriors can here, lol.

There was a lot of moans about this ingame so a GM 'tested'... by globally shouting and a bunch of randomers going to contest room, where the GM wouldn't have even known all their stats. Some people were in tower 20, tower 30, and some people weren't in tower at all.. doubt the GM even considered tower. After 5 mins testing "seems fine", saying tdb cuts shield on euro or other servers.. but what he's failing to understand.. wizards had pro rings on them servers. Not 777hp at level 50!

Anyways, enough of ranting.. I've raised multiple tickets on this issue to no avail so thought I'd mention it here. Please simply let me know if warrior damage is staying the same so I can debate on either quitting or rerolling to a warrior.

Thanks
/Flash

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005

I'm so frustrated at this server right now, after stupidly picking the class Wiz. A recent nerf to wiz shield and buff to warriors has completely ruined class balance for all to see. The same guild with the 50+ warriors has kept sw ever since.

A warriors TDB hits almost double flaming sword to a level 50 wiz who has no pro ring and just 777hp.... Flaming sword is meant to be a warriors speciality move with a cooldown because of how hard it hits, yet a warrior can spam tdb every hit hitting almost double that damage? It's absolutely ludicrous to put it mildly.

This is supposed to be a low/med rate? I have 1500dc luck20 on 5h (a high rate) and I can't even one hit wizards of the same level.. yet Warriors can here, lol.

There was a lot of moans about this ingame so a GM 'tested'... by globally shouting and a bunch of randomers going to contest room, where the GM wouldn't have even known all their stats. Some people were in tower 20, tower 30, and some people weren't in tower at all.. doubt the GM even considered tower. After 5 mins testing "seems fine", saying tdb cuts shield on euro or other servers.. but what he's failing to understand.. wizards had pro rings on them servers. Not 777hp at level 50!

Anyways, enough of ranting.. I've raised multiple tickets on this issue to no avail so thought I'd mention it here. Please simply let me know if warrior damage is staying the same so I can debate on either quitting or rerolling to a warrior.

Thanks
/Flash

If you checked your ticket, you would see it has been replied to, there will be a reboot tommorow at 2. Which will happen once a week after each Update.

There was never a "Nerf" to wizard shield, so lets get that out of the way to start with Wizards shields have stayed exactly the same with no difference what so ever.

A level 50 wizard on euro would only have 300 HP and not every player had a "Pro Ring" So that doesnt really apply.
Anyway more to the point with every maintainance reboot which will occur like i said 1 week after each Update, there will be fixes and other bits applied.

So please wait until tommorows reboot as some changes will be made, and you should notice a difference.

In the mean time, go back and check your tickets. Plus please don't compare the server to five heroes, its a completely different server, completely different coding, completely different items, stats everything there is no comparrison between the two so there is no need to compare it against that.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Fl@sh

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 3, 2016

If you checked your ticket, you would see it has been replied to, there will be a reboot tommorow at 12. Which will happen once a week after each Update.

There was never a "Nerf" to wizard shield, so lets get that out of the way to start with Wizards shields have stayed exactly the same with no difference what so ever.

A level 50 wizard on euro would only have 300 HP and not every player had a "Pro Ring" So that doesnt really apply.
Anyway more to the point with every maintainance reboot which will occur like i said 1 week after each Update, there will be fixes and other bits applied.

So please wait until tommorows reboot as some changes will be made, and you should notice a difference.

In the mean time, go back and check your tickets. Plus please don't compare the server to five heroes, its a completely different server, completely different coding, completely different items, stats everything there is no comparrison between the two so there is no need to compare it against that.

Thank you.

There was a reply on my ticket, I never said there wasn't.. I was sent to the development queue and was told id hear more 2 days ago which is what I meant by no avail.

Warriors TDB now cuts through a percentage of magic shield when it didn't before.. I would definitely class that as a nerf to mag shield.

I am comparing 5h in the sense of PVP, the fighting here was awesome when I joined as I pointed out in my review post. It felt old school and low rate and fights lasted a while, relying on skill more than stats. Now a warrior just comes and that's the end of that.

Good to hear therell be changes made though, it's definitely needed. And thanks for the prompt response.

Royalus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 9, 2014

Is the server down? Cannot connect since reboot.

<SOSO>

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 8, 2012

Warriors TDB now cuts through a percentage of magic shield when it didn't before.. I would definitely class that as a nerf to mag shield.

On euro it cut through magic shield aswell.
IDK how it's on here cuz I dont play it, but thinking of giving it a go...
What's the user count atm? And are classes balanced?
If I will play, would wanna choose between warr / tao.

Jamole

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 9, 2004

TDB has always cut through magic shield from what I remember. I think the latest changes have definitely nerfed TDB too much, imo MS should have had it's damage reduction altered rather than TDB being nerfed, but then I don't know the exact changes the team made so can't comment too much.

Either way, TDB is a warriors main damage spell and they have to get close to do any kind of damage so yes, it should hurt. But of course 1 hitting shouldn't be possible if the level and gear is at an equal standard - of course if you have a high level vs lower lvl with less defence/worse gear then the damage output will be vastly different - it's a tough one to get right and requires a lot of testing and time to ensure spells/gear and so on all tie up and not one class purely stands out.

For me, this is how the classes should be balanced (just a quick brief description);

Wizz - high aoe and distant damage from the use of spells, low health pool and defence compared to other classes - pets and escape spells are used to maintain distance

Warr - highest health pool out of the 3 classes, high damage when up close and personal but weak against magic spells (low amc)

Tao - Purely a support class, relies on buffs (UE etc) and red poison, curse and so on to turn the tide of a fight - good AC and AMC, can take a whack but lowest dmg output of the 3 classes, shouldn't be able to kill either of the other classes with ease one on one and has good survivability - relies on aoe attacks such as psn cloud to make levelling easier and quicker as this can be a drag solo.

Royalus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 9, 2014

TDB has always cut through magic shield from what I remember. I think the latest changes have definitely nerfed TDB too much, imo MS should have had it's damage reduction altered rather than TDB being nerfed, but then I don't know the exact changes the team made so can't comment too much.

Either way, TDB is a warriors main damage spell and they have to get close to do any kind of damage so yes, it should hurt. But of course 1 hitting shouldn't be possible if the level and gear is at an equal standard - of course if you have a high level vs lower lvl with less defence/worse gear then the damage output will be vastly different - it's a tough one to get right and requires a lot of testing and time to ensure spells/gear and so on all tie up and not one class purely stands out.

For me, this is how the classes should be balanced (just a quick brief description);

Wizz - high aoe and distant damage from the use of spells, low health pool and defence compared to other classes - pets and escape spells are used to maintain distance

Warr - highest health pool out of the 3 classes, high damage when up close and personal but weak against magic spells (low amc)

Tao - Purely a support class, relies on buffs (UE etc) and red poison, curse and so on to turn the tide of a fight - good AC and AMC, can take a whack but lowest dmg output of the 3 classes, shouldn't be able to kill either of the other classes with ease one on one and has good survivability - relies on aoe attacks such as psn cloud to make levelling easier and quicker as this can be a drag solo.

Agreed. Everyone wants their own class to solo EvilMir (joke) but reality is: Wizz = high AOE damage but low survivability. Warrior = tank with high SINGLE target dps. Tao = Support class capable of solo'ing quite a few bosses, but not able to solo every boss. I'm not touching PVP as I have no interest in it. The way TDB is now, it is ridicilous, it takes no genius to see that. But the players are affraid to express their opinion unfortunately.

Jamole

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 9, 2004

Agreed. Everyone wants their own class to solo EvilMir (joke) but reality is: Wizz = high AOE damage but low survivability. Warrior = tank with high SINGLE target dps. Tao = Support class capable of solo'ing quite a few bosses, but not able to solo every boss. I'm not touching PVP as I have no interest in it. The way TDB is now, it is ridicilous, it takes no genius to see that. But the players are affraid to express their opinion unfortunately.

I'm not sure I agree that players are afraid to share their opinion, several players have voiced theirs over the last couple of weeks. TDB has been nerfed but it's a single target attack which requires a warrior to get toe to toe - a good wizzie should be able to keep his distance with mirroring, pets, blink and so on.. shield even mitigates the attack. If a wizz wants to go toe to toe and FF etc then expect to get floored. TDB is the only decent attack a warrior has (yes FS too but that's on a cooldown). I can't comment too much on the pvp side of things as i've not participated much so far but PSN Cloud and Wizzies AOEs absolutely cain.. what's the difference?! You're never going to make everyone happy, unfortunately.

Royalus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 9, 2014

Also, I think the players that have been moaning about TDB (as far as i know so i COULD be wrong) are players, for instance, a level 46 wizzard with a normal kit, trying to floor the 2 best kitted warriors of this server which both are 50+. It's obvious who's gonna win if the skill level is equal, but the items being a big difference. I would like to see a PVP duel between the #1 wizzard and the #1 warrior. I dont think it will be a landslide as some make it look like. In my opinion, certain players are trying to get their own way so they can do what ever, but are ignoring how skills have been used eversince official mir and every other server. It's just being childish. I'm not saying make TDB overpowered, but balance it a bit better and give it a REAL test, not just change it and pray for the best just like now.. These are just opinions, before anyone starts flaming me for no reason :)

Last edited:

Jamole

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 9, 2004

Completely agree - people seem to forget that lvl and gear makes a massive difference. But you also need to find the right balance, which is tough, i know - TDB should hit hard in my opinion, warriors don't have much else to use to do dmg. Agree though that further testing should be carried out offline to enure all areas have been explored and that it is in fact improved balance.. I asked one of the GMs the other day to give a lvl 50 warr and wizz both similar lvl gear e.g. lvl 22 armour and corals/rubys etc. and let them have a duel, see what the dmg looks like with similar gear, it's only a small test and you'd obviously need to test other lvls, skills, kit etc but it gives you an idea - going completely naked just isn't a good enough test imo! haha

Either way, it's a good server and the team are doing a good job with the updates and listening to peoples feedback - there isn't many of them so don't expect quick turnarounds but know that they are fully committed.. which is a good thing to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.