Legend Of Mir: Affinity Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Re: Legend Of Mir: Affinity Ascendancy

Completely agree - people seem to forget that lvl and gear makes a massive difference. But you also need to find the right balance, which is tough, i know - TDB should hit hard in my opinion, warriors don't have much else to use to do dmg. Agree though that further testing should be carried out offline to enure all areas have been explored and that it is in fact improved balance.. I asked one of the GMs the other day to give a lvl 50 warr and wizz both similar lvl gear e.g. lvl 22 armour and corals/rubys etc. and let them have a duel, see what the dmg looks like with similar gear, it's only a small test and you'd obviously need to test other lvls, skills, kit etc but it gives you an idea - going completely naked just isn't a good enough test imo! haha

Either way, it's a good server and the team are doing a good job with the updates and listening to peoples feedback - there isn't many of them so don't expect quick turnarounds but know that they are fully committed.. which is a good thing to see.

I'm just a big sponge and absorb everything you all say.

I do listen and read everyones opinions and nothing is just down to "praying for the best" For example, TDB is identical to before the (Magic Shield cut) was implemented. So its back to original, other differences would be that characters "Base" Stats have been lowered. This will mean that players with stronger kits, will stand out more than players with weak kits, so theres not a string of say level 43's killing 50's dealing similar damage.

Also there is a current standing of 25% PVP Reduction. So the damage you'd do in PVP should be 25% Stronger vs Monsters (I'm aware you probably know but setting it in black and white means no confusion.

I would like to point out aswell "Testing" Of a spell or damage, can't be done over one day, or two or three for that matter. It takes time, and especially when we all have other work to do aswell for updates / fixes. It does take a bit longer the process, but we are working on balance and testing thoroughly. If players would like to submit Videos of their own testing, I would be more than happy to watch over it. (That means normal PVE Leveling & PVP Fighting) But im not asking players to do both but only if they wish.

As said before we do listen to our players and we really appreciate Player Feedback. So thats a Open thankyou from the team to all players who take their time to give us suggestions and speak (Constructively) about changes and more.

The next Reboot for patch is Scheduled for Tuesday 18th, Next week.

So enjoy yourselves and I'll speak to you all soon!

Jamole

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 9, 2004

I do listen and read everyones opinions and nothing is just down to "praying for the best" For example, TDB is identical to before the (Magic Shield cut) was implemented. So its back to original, other differences would be that characters "Base" Stats have been lowered. This will mean that players with stronger kits, will stand out more than players with weak kits, so theres not a string of say level 43's killing 50's dealing similar damage.

Also there is a current standing of 25% PVP Reduction. So the damage you'd do in PVP should be 25% Stronger vs Monsters (I'm aware you probably know but setting it in black and white means no confusion.

I would like to point out aswell "Testing" Of a spell or damage, can't be done over one day, or two or three for that matter. It takes time, and especially when we all have other work to do aswell for updates / fixes. It does take a bit longer the process, but we are working on balance and testing thoroughly. If players would like to submit Videos of their own testing, I would be more than happy to watch over it. (That means normal PVE Leveling & PVP Fighting) But im not asking players to do both but only if they wish.

As said before we do listen to our players and we really appreciate Player Feedback. So thats a Open thankyou from the team to all players who take their time to give us suggestions and speak (Constructively) about changes and more.

Keep up the good work - have sent you and Cybac a PM.

Royalus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 9, 2014

Thank you for clarifying on all points.

<SOSO>

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 8, 2012

Will the ancient sets drop from corresponding caves? Oma set just from anc oma cave boss...fox set just from ancient greatfoxspirit ?
Or they can drop from top tire bosses too?
Im new...that's why im asking...
Also will mining be a source of income ?

Cab

LOMCN n00bie
Sep 9, 2016

Any news on when the server will be back up?

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005

Any news on when the server will be back up?

Will be back online for 9 O'Clock Sharp

---------- Post Merged on 19-10-2016 at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 18-10-2016 at 08:54 PM ----------

If people are struggling to connect (The Server is online)

Change your Mir2Config.ini

to say this at the Top

[Graphics]
FullScreen=False
AlwaysOnTop=False
FPSCap=True
Resolution=1366
DebugMode=False

[Network]
UseConfig=True
IPAddress=149.202.88.129
Port=7000

I've updated the autopatcher but im unsure as to whether the changes will go through on the config.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013

First impression is kindergarten mir - you're led by hand because it is assumed you've never played mir and you can't do much about it if nobody tells you how to get out of that 'heaven', which for many, nay for most, can be hell LOL

When you get out of this 'heaven/hell' (if you didn't quit as I almost did twice), you're level 30 with basic items and about 160k in gold. However all this said, I don't want to put the effort down, obviously some thought went into it to make the server starting out different and I can easily see designing it made the maker proud and I admit it has certain charm. At the very least I'd myself put in an early 'exit option' for folks who know ropes to teleport to bichon right away and start out in conventional way from there. Of course perhaps knowing what I know now I might head straight for the teleport out, maybe after I got myself the mount. However it might not work that way.

I had the impression when clicking through the quests ( that teach you the mir ropes) that I brought the server down, you know how it is uncanny, you click a button and up comes the notice about the server crashing. After logging back I found I needed to redo the quest in question. This happened twice in short succession I think. But that could be just coincidence?

Other than that it seemed a waste to use the new cave designs (for me anyway) this way but perhaps there is so many maps in crystal files these days that it doesn't matter. For my taste the skeleton heads in the floor of one of the caves should be animated slower, like there should be some bigger pause btw animations. Like this it looks like something a beginner designed (way to frequent on web, too quickly repeated animations). One plus for this might be that pple will think twice about making a storage chars (unless you can head straight for the exit teleport).

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005

First impression is kindergarten mir - you're led by hand because it is assumed you've never played mir and you can't do much about it if nobody tells you how to get out of that 'heaven', which for many, nay for most, can be hell LOL

When you get out of this 'heaven/hell' (if you didn't quit as I almost did twice), you're level 30 with basic items and about 160k in gold. However all this said, I don't want to put the effort down, obviously some thought went into it to make the server starting out different and I can easily see designing it made the maker proud and I admit it has certain charm. At the very least I'd myself put in an early 'exit option' for folks who know ropes to teleport to bichon right away and start out in conventional way from there. Of course perhaps knowing what I know now I might head straight for the teleport out, maybe after I got myself the mount. However it might not work that way.

I had the impression when clicking through the quests ( that teach you the mir ropes) that I brought the server down, you know how it is uncanny, you click a button and up comes the notice about the server crashing. After logging back I found I needed to redo the quest in question. This happened twice in short succession I think. But that could be just coincidence?

Other than that it seemed a waste to use the new cave designs (for me anyway) this way but perhaps there is so many maps in crystal files these days that it doesn't matter. For my taste the skeleton heads in the floor of one of the caves should be animated slower, like there should be some bigger pause btw animations. Like this it looks like something a beginner designed (way to frequent on web, too quickly repeated animations). One plus for this might be that pple will think twice about making a storage chars (unless you can head straight for the exit teleport).

Theres complete reason for it to be "Led by hand" at the start, all to do with the moulding of the server - You can skip the "Haven" Area once you hit level 7, you may just type @Home or @Store - But doing this wont level you up and wont give you items and you will not be able to go back to "Haven".

The crash you found - We have fixed this now and it won't do it again - we also have logging enabled now to see every keycode/bytes sent to us from each player, so we will know if there is a crash in the future to do with this same issue - we will know who it is and what the issue is wihin seconds.

The skeletons - i cant do anything about due to them being a map that was created already - i did not create the map myself - i would agree with you and I would slow them down completely If i had created the Map design it self.

The idea of the training area is not for players who have "Played mir for years" Its a guide for players who have "Never" Played Mir or even a RPG for that matter - Soon we will be doing some advertising that will bring players in from different sources rather than just the same old players flying round different servers (I don't mind you guys but its nice to see fresh faces ;))

Thankyou for the review mir2pion

---------- Post Merged on 23-10-2016 at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 20-10-2016 at 03:28 PM ----------

5yc0hw.jpg

Release Date: 28th October

Legend of Mir Affinity Ascension: Halloween Event

The Birth of Numa Cave
Numa cave is discovered by the Archeologists in the Oasis. The Great Numa Warlord Tadanga has come back to wreak havok upon the Lands of Mir.

- 5 New Numa Monsters - 1 New Boss - Difficulty + Drops = Level 50+

Demonic Portals
Mini Bosses will spawn around the Lands of Mir during the Halloween event Period. Vanquish these Demons and send them back to hell.

Underworld Tokens
Collect Underworld tokens from Halloween Monsters, Minibosses and Quest Chains
Use these to buy temporary buffs, Underworld Artifacts and more!

The Underworld
Accessed with Underworld Tokens, Mysterious area with one Main boss.

Cauldrons

In each town you will find a different Cauldron - They will cause unstable reactions and give you different temporary buffs each day of the event. These only last a short while so make sure you make them last!

Become a Demon Slayer or Demon
We have given players the chance to get transforms from Halloween monsters in order to take their power. If you recieve one of these transforms you will be honored a small buff (Depending the power of the transform) plus you will transform either into a Powerful Demon or a Devastating Demon Slayer

The Three Wicked Witches
These witches will appear and have a mysterious aura about them... Something is not quite right, we will release more information once we've learned more.

Things to Come

Ascension Isles
This will be a completely new world for level 50+
Lots of Caves and Dungeons for level 50+
Brand new Quests and Storylines
New magic! The Researchers have uncovered a vast selection of new spells.
Reputation System - Choose a faction and earn Reputation points for your faction! Gain a trinket for your selected Faction and do quests, fight with other factions and more in order to gain Reputation Points!
Detailed Provinces and Caves, these areas will look a lot more "In depth" than the other areas, these isles have been blessed with a heavenly touch.

Fame Points and Last Man Standing
Fame points will be earnt when participating in last man standing - All players who participate will gain a small amount of fame points - But the Winner will receive the largest sum.

The Fame points can be earnt to upgrade your Last Man Standing trinket.

Last man Standing will be changed so it will begin every few hours and have a "Temporary prize" for inbetween those times.

Revamp of Current Content

We are going over our current content and ensuring each level area drops its intended items. E.g. a level 45-48 Area would drop 46 Accesories, 45-48 Weapons and 45 armours.

Lots and lots more features to come! Im not going to give you specifics as for all of them now as that would just be a dead give a way, but these are things to look forward to coming within the next Month!

Hope to see you soon!
Legend of Mir: Affinity Ascension Team

Last edited:

Cybac

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jul 7, 2015

NEW UPDATES - TODAY @ 6pm GMT

A selection of core updates and improvements, additional framework and system upgrades

Revamped all Dungeon Drops – From Ancient Bone Elite all the way to Weaver Bosses have had their Drops revamped so their dropping well for their level specified

For full information please see the following post on our website: http://www.affinitymir.com/game-updates-patches/patch-4-5-fixes-improvements-frameworks/

patch-notes-banner-template-horsplit-1-1024x432.jpg
Many thanks,

Cyb.

beer

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 18, 2004

Thank you for taking the time to create this server. Is there fishing on this?? anyway I will be in game later have just started the download. I will give it a try anyway .

<SOSO>

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 8, 2012

Me and my m8 wanted to start playing but couldnt play much the other day. Now when we loged,happy tht we can get abit closer with the rest of the server in terms of lvl the cost for asylum is x2 and x3 of what it used to be , and tokens drop were severely nerfed. We're just wondering if it could be put bk the way it was so more ppl can join the fun or not.

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005

Me and my m8 wanted to start playing but couldnt play much the other day. Now when we loged,happy tht we can get abit closer with the rest of the server in terms of lvl the cost for asylum is x2 and x3 of what it used to be , and tokens drop were severely nerfed. We're just wondering if it could be put bk the way it was so more ppl can join the fun or not.

The requirements for entering the Asylum etc is now lower. Hope this is better we want all players to enjoy the Event :)

BLaPP

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 8, 2013

If anyone has a warrior going level 45ish let me know lol, wanted to level one up but then asylum event got nerfed before i could take advantage like everyone else -.-

alkaprawn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 4, 2012

is server down atm???????????

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005

is server down atm???????????

I'm pretty sure you answered this yourself as your ingame now,

Was a reboot at 2PM

Patch notes are as follows

06/11/2016
-Lots of Cave monsters have had Stats Adjusted Such As:-
ApePalace all the way to the Core on the Dungeon Teleports
Ancient Caves
-The caves on Dungeon Teleports that have had monsters adjusted
have been made slightly weaker with terms of HP and Damage, meaning
that the solo player can level easier.
-The Ancient Caves have had both HP and Damage decreased, But also a
EXP increase.
-A few items have been tweaked
-Halloween Event Ended - Underworld Tokens no longer dropping.
-New GM Commands added
-Battle Armour Image Fixed
-Fixed a bug with New Skill books
-Changed Pet Enhancer to only work with Taoist pets only, this only includes
pets that can be summoned by the Taoist.
- NPC's can now 'Upgrade' equipped items via selected services in line for
next Patch.
- New Player command @usercount, get the current amount of users online.
- Update log on Login is now Optional, change within Mir2Config.ini:
Under [Custom] ShowUpdateLog=True or False
- Players Class added to Guild dialog.
- New Torch type : Will override any darkness on any map, in preperation
for next Patch.
- Improved client performance, which should reduce lag in a lot of areas.
- More NPC's added (Animations)

alkaprawn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 4, 2012
Re: Legend Of Mir: Affinity Ascendancy [Crystal]

server just crashed

Status
Not open for further replies.