Legend Of Mir: Affinity Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

alkaprawn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 4, 2012
Re: Legend Of Mir: Affinity Ascendancy [Crystal]

Cheers for the reply azzi I'm like a kid at Xmas lol impatient 👍👍👍

BLaPP

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 8, 2013
Re: Legend Of Mir: Affinity Ascendancy

Server seems to be becoming abit dodgy , somehow WORD seem to have gained 3/4 ascended items,a mir item ,2 heaven armours, and god knows what else hidden away , in the space of a few days? Despite our guild never ever seeing them at bosses? i know JRS is a known donater but surely using 40% drop scrolls aren't THAT effective? I've never seen a player get so kitted so quick as a couple of the ones in WORD.... maybe they are lucky but to me looks like a last ditch attempt to get some cash out of a dying server

edt : or drops have been increased and we dont know?

just logged back on after 24hrs they have gaind 2 ascended weapons an ascended ring , how the hell are these items all of a sudden "dropping" like hotcakes its a joke

Last edited:

alkaprawn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 4, 2012

[h=2]CHEATERS, EXPLOITERS AND THEIR IMPACT[/h][h=2]Cheaters, exploiters and the impact it has on everyone.[/h]The game is currently offline. This is a direct result of cheaters and exploiters, mainly from one guild atm but overall there are others who have also cheated.
Let me outline the damage that this causes.
1. All kit, guilds, players and progression is now under scrutiny.
2. We have used so far 2 days x 3 people to deal with the problem and all the people who are now coming forward. Time we could have used to finish and release our expansion.
3. People cheating ruin the game for everyone else who doesnt cheat.
4. We are a small team of 3 with families, 2 days before xmas we dont have the manpower or hours to go through thousands of lines of logs to see who got what either legitimately or by cheating.
5. The exploit has been fixed thanks to a small number of honest players who are simply invaluable and much appreciated.
6. Because of this we will be rewinding the server to the 14th December. We will reimburse any GG purchased and we will also be looking at some kind of compensation for those that didnt cheat, those that did can do it all ahain legitimately as it’s their own fault.
7. Any person who is found to have repeatedly taken advantahe of the bug may have further sanctions applied and will be spoken to individually.
Guys and girls, we build this game for you, we do it voluntarily and in our own time, if you cheat, you disrespect our efforts and every single person who plays and spends their time in game.
For all of you who play. If you see anything out of the ordinary or discover a bug you have a moral responsability to tell us right away if you want to have a decent game to play.
Cybac the angry & the Affinity Mir team

So is there an ETA to when server will be back up and running?????

i understand that its hard to run a server with little resources and manpower but this is probs the best time of year to play for most before xmas and soon as xmas day is over we all get a few days to relax and nurse hangover.... best time to play mir lol

yancau

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2012

run affinitidevelopment.exe wil work

alkaprawn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 4, 2012

theres no point if theres going to be a rewind anyway.....

looks like the server might die because of this because as long as its down people will just go to other servers

i been enjoying this server but oh well looks like go try another until we find out what is happening

yancau

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2012

Agree...i wonder what wold it happen if Storm dident lose his wepon. :)

alkaprawn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 4, 2012

well surely it will get sorted but how fast is essential cos like i said if people go try other servers and they get so far into it they will stay there...

im not sure what the bug was they where exploiting but by the post on the website it has something to do with drop scrolls from gameshop maybe they will shed some light into what exactly the exploit/bug was because to me it looks like no foul play if its purchasable from gameshop then thats just something the gm's overlooked.....<<<<<<<<<<< i know this looks abit iffy but i was no way involved check all my logs lol

hopefully azzi will post exactly what they was doing to cause this mess.......

Positive

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 27, 2015

TLDR: There was an exploit with guildbuffs/drop scrolls and mount (i think) causing the drop rate to multiply itself/drop way more than it's supposed to people abused it,they needed to rewind before exploit. Now if i am correct i reported this bug over a month ago and never got a reply.

Here would be the date i reported it with a screenshot https://gyazo.com/31e79f2be62a37e1f95e2a9787e3a21d and the exploit itself https://gyazo.com/47a71ef4b9d8ac6af833a74f004cb7e0

Now i never explained it in the ticket i sent because i had no idea what happened, but they could have easily figured it out with the screenshot i sent and they were free to ask me questions i would have answered.

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005

TLDR: There was an exploit with guildbuffs/drop scrolls and mount (i think) causing the drop rate to multiply itself/drop way more than it's supposed to people abused it,they needed to rewind before exploit. Now if i am correct i reported this bug over a month ago and never got a reply.

Here would be the date i reported it with a screenshot https://gyazo.com/31e79f2be62a37e1f95e2a9787e3a21d and the exploit itself https://gyazo.com/47a71ef4b9d8ac6af833a74f004cb7e0

Now i never explained it in the ticket i sent because i had no idea what happened, but they could have easily figured it out with the screenshot i sent and they were free to ask me questions i would have answered.

Thats right, you sent just a screenshot, which was actually another bug entirely which had been fixed. This one is completely different, as you said there was no information there so wasn't really a lot to go on, and I spoke to you after about it.

Anyway, the server has been rewound as a factor of this.

On to better news, by tommorow we should have a Christmas Event ready for everyone. So watch this space it will be the best time to make up for those previous days! Merry Christmas everyone.

Please follow this link for the latest update: http://www.affinitymir.com/developer-announcements/update-further-information/

Last edited:

Positive

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 27, 2015

You've never spoken to me about this at all, you never even replied to the ticket... didn't know u fixed it as i havent even been on lol. They can't be too different as both were a drop exploit.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003

Server seems to be becoming abit dodgy , somehow WORD seem to have gained 3/4 ascended items,a mir item ,2 heaven armours, and god knows what else hidden away , in the space of a few days? Despite our guild never ever seeing them at bosses? i know JRS is a known donater but surely using 40% drop scrolls aren't THAT effective? I've never seen a player get so kitted so quick as a couple of the ones in WORD.... maybe they are lucky but to me looks like a last ditch attempt to get some cash out of a dying server

edt : or drops have been increased and we dont know?

just logged back on after 24hrs they have gaind 2 ascended weapons an ascended ring , how the hell are these items all of a sudden "dropping" like hotcakes its a joke

I would think updates are being put in with out testing. If gms tested then these things dont happen.

cosmin

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 7, 2011

Admin I'd like very much, to put in gameshop, we can buy with gold in the game, not only with real money! thanks in advance ! I think that would be fair play for everyone!
Admin I'd like very much, to put in gameshop, we can buy with gold in the game, not only with real money! thanks in advance ! I think that would be fair play for everyone!

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005

Thats already the case? Everything in the gameshop (Except transforms which give nothing) can be bought for Gold ingame. You just have to earn it.

Updates were tested but Obviously I didn't think to do a "Combo as such" to bring up a bug (Combining multiple effects together)

And I did speak with you, Or it was someone in your guild Either way I spoke to them about the topic and it was solved and it was a different issue.

Positive

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 27, 2015

You 100% didn't speak with me not sure what you're on about lol.. i've been online for a total of 8 hours in the last month and you've never tried to contact me, anyways who cares its fixed as you said

m0f0

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 3, 2016

for all this exploits and for telling azzi he didnt fix the bug which was reported i got the blame on me....I am the only one who got banned for exploiting. i don't mine....i exploited i got punished...what about the rest of exploiters? they still playing the game in this right moment :) even the one who told me the bug.
let me make it clear how bug use to work... you needed drop pot 40% + guild buff 5% and just before boss dies u had to unequip/equit your mount fast...if done right the drop would of been big, like JRS got caught with 57 items in 1 drop....if u didnt do those things right the drop would be normal....test it and msg me if u want me to show it....anyway if u want to be a good GM be fair with all the players.....if 10 exploits why does have to be just me punished? because i got caught? i didnt got caught...JRS got ....but i took the ban hammer ^^

Last edited:

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005

for all this exploits and for telling azzi he didnt fix the bug which was reported i got the blame on me....I am the only one who got banned for exploiting. i don't mine....i exploited i got punished...what about the rest of exploiters? they still playing the game in this right moment :) even the one who told me the bug.
let me make it clear how bug use to work... you needed drop pot 40% + guild buff 5% and just before boss dies u had to unequip/equit your mount fast...if done right the drop would of been big, like JRS got caught with 57 items in 1 drop....if u didnt do those things right the drop would be normal....test it and msg me if u want me to show it....anyway if u want to be a good GM be fair with all the players.....if 10 exploits why does have to be just me punished? because i got caught? i didnt got caught...JRS got ....but i took the ban hammer ^^

You were banned because of your attitude, the server has been rewound people have lost a lot of both time and effort over this little exploit you and others have had. I banned you because all you were doing since you joined the server has been abusing people, i've had reports left right and center and screenshots of you personally abusing people.

Then added with this issue, the Ban hammer was simply glowing. I don't feel players who cant refrain from insulting each others personal lives shouldn't play (Obviously i get it if people are joking around) But you say a lot of things with intent and its really nasty some of the things you do. Plus another factor is that you just seem to think you have done nothing at all wrong and you hunted everything legitimately (Seems most of o0o guild think that).

Eitherway Its Christmas.

---------- Post Merged at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:21 PM ----------

xmas-banner-event-template.jpg

[h=2]Affinity Mir Christmas Event[/h]Collect, redeem, reward.
Santa has spread some seasonal cheer, you’ll be able to battle festive monsters and collect the Christmas items to exchange for a present.
Presents have drop tables and what you get will depend on your luck. The drop tables are the same as some of our bosses with the rare chance to drop some really decent items, will you be lucky this year?
Have you been naughty or nice? We will be adding a 1.5 x Exp buff to help everyone gain back a few levels in a faster time.
Keep an eye out for other features and explore what Christmas has to offer in Affinity Mir.
Merry Christmas to all of you and your loved ones, we hope you have the best time ever!

Wummy

Majestic Mir 2
Dedicated Member
Aug 24, 2015
Majestic Town

xmas-banner-event-template.jpg

Affinity Mir Christmas Event

Collect, redeem, reward.
Santa has spread some seasonal cheer, you’ll be able to battle festive monsters and collect the Christmas items to exchange for a present.
Presents have drop tables and what you get will depend on your luck. The drop tables are the same as some of our bosses with the rare chance to drop some really decent items, will you be lucky this year?
Have you been naughty or nice? We will be adding a 1.5 x Exp buff to help everyone gain back a few levels in a faster time.
Keep an eye out for other features and explore what Christmas has to offer in Affinity Mir.
Merry Christmas to all of you and your loved ones, we hope you have the best time ever!
Sounds good. what time does it start?.

UltSpeed

Lena 💪
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 15, 2010
England

I updated my client and now my account does not exist anymore ?

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005

I updated my client and now my account does not exist anymore ?

I Replied to your private message, but just popping my answer here too.

Ensure that your Mir2Test and Mir2Config files read on the IP = game.affinitymir.com that way you will be connecting to our Live server rather than our Development server, you must have found your way across there somehow.

Any more problems do let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.