new laptop stopping me playing mir?

Pnut6k1

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Aug 19, 2016
hi guys I recently bought a new laptop and managed to find a server to play all started off well then all of a sudden laptop crashed and got a message Machine Check Exeption ive looked up the problem and don't really understand im just wandering is it something to do with the laptop should I send it back and replace it or does any one have an idea how I can fix this issue then laptop is a cyberpower pc any help would be much appreciated

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Never heard of the error before, does it give a blue screen? Could be driver issues might be worth trying to get all the latest drivers.

Is the OS W10 by anychance?

Pnut6k1

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Aug 19, 2016
yeah its a blue screen and its windows 8.1 ..not really clue up on laptops how do I get the latest drivers ? :(

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015
yeah its a blue screen and its windows 8.1 ..not really clue up on laptops how do I get the latest drivers ? :(
If your laptop came with a CD, there's driver updates on it most likely.

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
If your laptop came with a CD, there's driver updates on it most likely.

If it's a newly bought, pre-installed laptop, it'll have all the drivers installed.

It sounds more like a problem with hardware. Maybe an ill-seated cable or dodgy fan causing overheating etc.

Mir uses little capacity for graphics etc. so it's unlikely to be overstretching the graphics but it could be exposing a fault with the hardware.

If it's brand new and under warranty, I'd contact the place you bought it. Don't poke around yourself or they'll claim you've voided the warranty.

Pnut6k1

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Aug 19, 2016
thank you for the help I will get in contact with them and see what they say hopefully get it sorted