Votes: 28 87.5%
  • Don`t Care

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters

stupple

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
i be thing about this over last week. it easy to do Basie stuff to get an working client and sever using CrystalM2 files tho will need to change most the code. and i not yes play woool my self so no idea how it feels but like option where ppl can custion hell out off stuff down side to this i will need to covert most old client to one i can use witch look of thing will take few days as i only going covert stuff i need as i go when coding.

the big thing about this project is most of should be easy to get Basie stuff in but down side the maps going be hard thing for me to re code or redo. as then need to be covered or make new one up i could use mir but it not right feel.

that also mean ppl can use then files i make for here own custion sever if it mir 2 or / woOOl

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
i be thing about this over last week. it easy to do Basie stuff to get an working client and sever using CrystalM2 files tho will need to change most the code. and i not yes play woool my self so no idea how it feels but like option where ppl can custion hell out off stuff down side to this i will need to covert most old client to one i can use witch look of thing will take few days as i only going covert stuff i need as i go when coding.

the big thing about this project is most of should be easy to get Basie stuff in but down side the maps going be hard thing for me to re code or redo. as then need to be covered or make new one up i could use mir but it not right feel.

that also mean ppl can use then files i make for here own custion sever if it mir 2 or / woOOl

I did have a go at it, although the maps was a problem, they have to be re made as we don't have a editor for the maps, it's all possible but the amount of work that would need to be done is huge, it's also the graphics side of things which also throw up issuies so a lot needs to be reocded.

stupple

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
I did have a go at it, although the maps was a problem, they have to be re made as we don't have a editor for the maps, it's all possible but the amount of work that would need to be done is huge, it's also the graphics side of things which also throw up issuies so a lot needs to be reocded.

inface is easy i spend few month working on other project i can get working on in few days down side i don`t witch one`s one best to use e.g

this one main no idea what button do what

05914_D2500000000.jpg

i can add fire/ wood all that to it easy
05850_DBD00000000.jpg

this main one ?
055_DEAEE00000000.jpg

some images ere
https://postimg.org/gallery/kzkmedyo/57976a96/

it not going to easy doing the new client for maps. i have few idea crasy one but it not some i worryed about atm. not to i get working inface and easy bits done.

then next is do ppl want to make them better lol

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
inface is easy i spend few month working on other project i can get working on in few days down side i don`t witch one`s one best to use e.g

this one main no idea what button do what

05914_D2500000000.jpg

i can add fire/ wood all that to it easy
05850_DBD00000000.jpg

this main one ?
055_DEAEE00000000.jpg

some images ere
https://postimg.org/gallery/kzkmedyo/57976a96/

it not going to easy doing the new client for maps. i have few idea crasy one but it not some i worryed about atm. not to i get working inface and easy bits done.

then next is do ppl want to make them better lol

I used the 2.0 client interface as the words have been hardcoded instead of edited onto the image meaning you have a clean image, i wouldn't even bother with any client images, i think the main goal if you wanted to go down this root is solve the big problem which is the maps, we already know the main elements and images will work with C# apart from skills which won't be hard to fix, i did it all, i got in character antmaion, attackings, client interface,mobs, skills of course some things need changing but it's nothing to major so that why i would say focus on the important part which is maps which i couldn't work out and ended up dropping the project.

stupple

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
hmm had the night t really think over this but come down to i going have to map the maps my self will close as i can. if i had an map view i could view and save full image then use coded map edit to cut it up and files it in new .lib

if i was use the old maps i will have to old .sgl in witch mean here no point in making new client files.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
hmm had the night t really think over this but come down to i going have to map the maps my self will close as i can. if i had an map view i could view and save full image then use coded map edit to cut it up and files it in new .lib

if i was use the old maps i will have to old .sgl in witch mean here no point in making new client files.

So you want to recode the C# Client to read SGL? I wouldn't go down that root personally, we just don't have the tools to work on SGL files.

What i think is the best way to go about this is using the old .map format but editing a mir map editor to read SGL instead of WIL, we already have the source code for the SGL editor (C++ i think it is ) but i don't know how different the woool Map. format is too Mir but am sure it's all possible.

All this is above me though, i don't have the knowledge to go and code this otherwise i would of done it a long time ago but i do agree that converting C# to Woool is the only option to see woool progress, there will never be a client source for woool.

stupple

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
So you want to recode the C# Client to read SGL? I wouldn't go down that root personally, we just don't have the tools to work on SGL files.

What i think is the best way to go about this is using the old .map format but editing a mir map editor to read SGL instead of WIL, we already have the source code for the SGL editor (C++ i think it is ) but i don't know how different the woool Map. format is too Mir but am sure it's all possible.

All this is above me though, i don't have the knowledge to go and code this otherwise i would of done it a long time ago but i do agree that converting C# to Woool is the only option to see woool progress, there will never be a client source for woool.

ye i not going to code c# to read sgl but is perrty much are we be doing as in to view maps you need to link code with index with sgl. witch mean c# file can read sgl for maps so in theory can be done to client.

i just need to look at files see if i can undertand how then link to sgl then i maybe can covert it that way but that take some time

---------- Post Merged at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:37 PM ----------

but it sill one tho things that if we get most of it code and then just have maps some may come up with something or have nice brain storm

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
I don't know much about Maps if am honest but do the index images in Objects / Tiles have to match the Map? Because the SGL editor exports the images in random order, so would that mean you would need to export 1 image at a time? also dose this include blanks as the sgl editor dose not export blanks either.

I would start doing this myself but if am wrong then i won't bother doing all that work for nothing.

stupple

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
I don't know much about Maps if am honest but do the index images in Objects / Tiles have to match the Map? Because the SGL editor exports the images in random order, so would that mean you would need to export 1 image at a time? also dose this include blanks as the sgl editor dose not export blanks either.

I would start doing this myself but if am wrong then i won't bother doing all that work for nothing.

yes perry much will it dont have to it need to be linked objects are but then should be easy lol ass then look different norm.

---------- Post Merged at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:00 AM ----------

will here is up side we could make new map files so it more custom form get go and chin the official off lol

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
yes perry much will it dont have to it need to be linked objects are but then should be easy lol ass then look different norm.

---------- Post Merged at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:00 AM ----------

will here is up side we could make new map files so it more custom form get go and chin the official off lol

I would of thought the map contained something like
get image > index 3 from Object3.sgl
or something like that? I will test it with a small map, find the tiles and objects for the map and put them into C# format and see if it works, can't see it tbh lol.
Making the maps from scratch is another option but that would be some effort.

---------- Post Merged at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:16 PM ----------
woool1.png

So the index for woool is little random, ueses number order but also alphabetical order, i can't remember but dose the C# editor allow you to edit the Index for C# Client files or dose it set automatically?

Not had a chance to download C# Client yet, try do it tonight.

Never actually noticed it before but this is how they layout

1-9
A B C D E F
10-19
1A 1B 1C 1D 1E 1F
20-29
2A 2B 2C 2D 2E 2F
30-39
3A 3B 3C 3D 3E 3F

and so on, every 10 it changes to abcdef with number infront.

Last edited:

stupple

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
i think it can or can be colder that ur can put blank so so in thorey u can put all title in old files but it be big

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Tiles and Object structure different from the rest of the client files on mir? I been messing around with the RPGViewer to get all woool files working with it including the new client files but the structure of tiles,object,smtiles is differet from the rest.

woool2.png
woool3.png

This normal and it needs to be coded seperatly or is this a case of wrong tiles/object files?

stupple

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
no not really image for tites off but idea i need to get them all out of sgl in to images so i can have play not really got much in to it atm