May 11, 2003
this good vido maybe me lol about the game tho who played it will get it

[video=youtube;6wsFhv_Kz38]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wsFhv_Kz38[/video]

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire
Although its fairly accurate, I've really really enjoyed playing NMS so far. I've ploughed about 65 hours into it, got my 48 slot Suit, 48 Slot ship and 24 slot multi tool with 90% of my updates. Just looking for that special ship that looks amazing now!

I think people need to enjoy it for what it is, exploration, mining resources and uploading photos. Once you realize this, its quite relaxing haha.

Keevo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 5, 2011
At £15-20 i would agree, at £40 or £50 i would LOL

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
it's not a bad game, i've sunk quite a few hours in to it, but yeah it is pretty featureless and repetitive. I know it's meant to be a mining and exploration game, but when you only have 3 races with the same 5 puzzles, unlimited planets where the only difference is the ore you find and the odd hazardous weather, and ships where the only thing that changes is the amount of slots and upgrades it comes with.

They've promised a lot more in future updates, so i hope they stick to that and improve the game. It's definitely not everything it was cracked up to be.

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
I've also got to the point where I cant upgrade any further and now have nothing left to do, not gonna lie I did really enjoy it up til then so looking forward to future content, can only get better ^^

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire
I've also got to the point where I cant upgrade any further and now have nothing left to do, not gonna lie I did really enjoy it up til then so looking forward to future content, can only get better ^^

To be fair, you're at the point I am. I'm super excited for future content. I wanted to get to the max I could now, get my Plat trophy and be ready for the future updates!

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
To be fair, you're at the point I am. I'm super excited for future content. I wanted to get to the max I could now, get my Plat trophy and be ready for the future updates!

I wouldn't get too attached. They've already wiped the characters once after an update, i expect they'll do it again

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire
I wouldn't get too attached. They've already wiped the characters once after an update, i expect they'll do it again

That was a bug as far as I know. My character never got wiped. It only affected a small portion of people.

stupple

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
na dont say it all crap i do like play it found dumps stufff lol

B72A1DF17D9E5BD5A8AB42773CE214591D1F13A4

62EB8262D7BC9875A62DED25A0652CCD3AE4283D

A5B24EFE6A28961852875ABDAEDA15038593D9B9

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
full price its not worth it so much that was promised is missing it lacks any real depth in game play. sadly its just and over hyped indie game that still needed a good year or so in development. shame really as it had so much promise you would have thought with the hype it got they would have employed more that 15 people.

this is the kind of **** thats killing gaming as a whole. you cant push your game like its a AAA product then only have so few people actually working on it.

maybe once the modders break in to the main files for the game we might see something worth the 40 quid it cost but the need to be quick or hello games needs to release mod tools because when u have the likes of fifa, pes , forza 3, gears 4, battle field, cod , pokemon and ff15 all dropping in the next 3 months its going to be completely forgotten about before the years over

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
full price its not worth it so much that was promised is missing it lacks any real depth in game play. sadly its just and over hyped indie game that still needed a good year or so in development. shame really as it had so much promise you would have thought with the hype it got they would have employed more that 15 people.

this is the kind of **** thats killing gaming as a whole. you cant push your game like its a AAA product then only have so few people actually working on it.

maybe once the modders break in to the main files for the game we might see something worth the 40 quid it cost but the need to be quick or hello games needs to release mod tools because when u have the likes of fifa, pes , forza 3, gears 4, battle field, cod , pokemon and ff15 all dropping in the next 3 months its going to be completely forgotten about before the years over

although i mostly agree with you, your final list of games is laughable. It's AAA games like those (fifa,battlefield,cod,AC etc) which are killing gaming, with no ingenuity and just re-hashes of the same thing for the sake of the publisher needing its yearly income.

Akaras

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jan 14, 2014
I also enjoyed playing it so far although I've not made that much progress yet so I should still be able to sink a few more hours into it when I have more time before I get all the upgrades and everything

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Got it, didnt enjoy it tbh. Theres no real objective, cant get away with games like that. Exploration side of it is cool but id rather have objectives / quests.

stupple

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
Got it, didnt enjoy it tbh. Theres no real objective, cant get away with games like that. Exploration side of it is cool but id rather have objectives / quests.

tbh i dont mide doing that but then fact come to it.

you get center you get fked other place

it not online so anything you do other then name stuff get set to cloud

here maybe 160000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 plant but then all random soon you enter it that why it get save to cloud.

i didn't really like e3 tailer of it and so on cus it look crap but few played check new video was like ok maybe i give a go nothing to do lol wast of cash. i like idea some come in where you are could kill them or so on nothing like what i see to by it.

but i am keep eyes see what then do. dont really like idea build something no going see lol

Potnoodle

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 11, 2010
some of the mods sound really nice so will be downloading them and trying them out shortly