Sleeping Tablets

smoochy boys on tour

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
Im in need of some sleeping aid as zopiclone/zimovane can go **** its self due to doing nothing to me anymore.

Anybody know of any non prescription shop items that actually work?

If not, its back to the doctors and another £9 spent on 7 tablets....

<3

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Have you tried drink RedBull (or equivilant) before you go to sleep, maybe some caffeine pills..

If you take enough of them you'll eventually sleep forever.

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
This has worked the best so far but my "dealer" moved and i don't know anybody else who sells them. Kinda glad as the days after were always lethargic.

Have you tried Mirtazapine 45mg, 1 tablet, about an hour or two before bed?

Bountyhunter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 20, 2003
The benzo Xanax / Alprazolam works good and I can buy them over the counter where I live; however maybe not for you though ;)

As with any medicine used for sleeping, they're not meant for long term but they sure work for me when needed.

Omikkk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 20, 2006
Poland
crazyerik, man, if you go to sleep on morphine you're dosing too high and waste your high and material. you should rather aim for nodding. also it's not sleep per se, you're trapped in a hypnagogic state, which give you 0 rest and recovery.

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
I was in the same boat as you, have tried everything out there for sleep. Mitazipine as previously suggested did help me sleep but made me like a zombie all day next day also Quitiapine used to get me to sleep(bad side effects once again). I am now currently being perscribed Diazepam which helps me sleep, although you will struggle to get this anymore due to its addictive nature, i am only allowed it due to being under a certain crisis team.
If you can get yourself some Benzo's(Diazepam or similar) you will probs sleep if your problem is shutting your brain off at night(racing or constant loops of thoughts), although beware of their addiction and you will need to get yourself off of them slowly once your sleep patttern is back in order. Quitiapine is antipsychotic medication so will be hard for you to find it at a guess, this is a really tircky situation to be in as not sleeping is horrific(trust me i know).

Last edited:

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
I'm pretty sure my problem is active thinking while trying to fall asleep, sleeping in itself is fine but i just cant fall asleep.

I'll be going to the doctors monday and i will describe my situation and see what the doc says.

My problem is that the drugs that work always make feel like **** the next day and i dont go in to work. this makes the situation even worse cause i cant earn money.

What am i to do :/

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
I'm pretty sure my problem is active thinking while trying to fall asleep, sleeping in itself is fine but i just cant fall asleep.

I'll be going to the doctors monday and i will describe my situation and see what the doc says.

My problem is that the drugs that work always make feel like **** the next day and i dont go in to work. this makes the situation even worse cause i cant earn money.

What am i to do :/

Doctor would have to sign you off sick till you got used to the meds, after that you could go back in to work, takes a while for most of the above mentioned to kick in and for you to become tolerant to it so your not like a zombie the next day etc. Mirtazapine everyone says they feel like zombies, that's because you will at first, you have to give your body chance and mind chance to get used to it being in the system, takes about a month, I been on it for well over a year, I take it about an hour or two before bed, sleep 12 hours a night and wake up refreshed etc.

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
Doctor would have to sign you off sick till you got used to the meds, after that you could go back in to work, takes a while for most of the above mentioned to kick in and for you to become tolerant to it so your not like a zombie the next day etc. Mirtazapine everyone says they feel like zombies, that's because you will at first, you have to give your body chance and mind chance to get used to it being in the system, takes about a month, I been on it for well over a year, I take it about an hour or two before bed, sleep 12 hours a night and wake up refreshed etc.

Thank you for this, very helpful.

Glad to see some very helpful posts from people suffering from the same ****.

is the doctor likely going to sign me off? I hope its easy as 123 but nothing ever is.

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
Thank you for this, very helpful.

Glad to see some very helpful posts from people suffering from the same ****.

is the doctor likely going to sign me off? I hope its easy as 123 but nothing ever is.

It all depends on your doctor and how you describe it / how serious you talk to the doctor etc, most doctors would not have an issue with signing you off till you got used to the medication, and your not meant to drive or operate machinery etc when your just starting meds anyway as they will make you drowsy and so forth... When you say you can't sleep or you have trouble sleeping, do you have any flash backs of anything bad that's happened in your past or anything like that?

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
Strangely enough, because im active on mir atm, i quite often think about mir while trying to sleep.

If i had to describe my thinking, i would call it actively thinking where i could do hard maths. I don't drive or work with machinery but i do work with hot oil/vats and grills so surely that would cause concern?

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
Strangely enough, because im active on mir atm, i quite often think about mir while trying to sleep.

If i had to describe my thinking, i would call it actively thinking where i could do hard maths. I don't drive or work with machinery but i do work with hot oil/vats and grills so surely that would cause concern?

Anything that can cause harm to you or surrounding individuals, you would not be able to do, so the doctor would have to sign you off, you will obviously have to discuss this with your doc and also state exactly what it is you do for work and the tasks you carry out, but I see no problem with your doc signing you off whilst your mind and body is adjusting to the meds.

The reason I asked what you think about or what happens if you do manage to sleep is because I was trying to see if there was a potential for PSTD, but I highly doubt you have it, it just seems like an over active imaginaton / mind (your mind is carrying on reliving or furthering what you have done on mir) and that's why you can't sleep, your mind has to rest / shut down for your body to be able to do the same, just seems you need to be mellowed out before you go to sleep, so your mind is forced to slow down.

Last edited:

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
Just went to the doctors and he prescribed 28 x citalopram and 10 x temazepam. Also signed me off for a week.

What are your thoughts on these medications?

Oh and he also suggested i see a therapist of some sort which im not really looking forwad to.

Last edited:

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
Citalopram is an anti depressant, not a sleeping tablet for a start, I have no idea why he would give you an anti depressant or suggest a therapist, lol.

Temazepam is a sleeping tablet / sleeping aid used to treat insomnia, which obviously would help you, I've not personally used it so can't say my opinion on it, what strength has he gave you though? Should be 15mg if your just starting then if it too weak after a month you go back and he'll give you a higher dosage per tablet, usually 30.

That being said, in my opinion and from what my doctor told me, especially if a patient is just starting off, you do not go giving them two types of tablets for two different things, you should be on one tablet for one thing, see if it helps, if not, then prescribe you another form to treat the same thing which could work better for your system, if not, then start looking at two tablets together.... this may prove to be too much for you, I would of thought temazepam by itself would of been fine just starting off, then again, you could always just take temazepam and keep the citalopram in a draw somewhere, and see if temazepam works by itself first, there's no need to be taking two if one does the job, lol.