Sleeping Tablets

smoochy boys on tour

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Don't take tablets to get you to sleep, full stop.
If you're over excited after Mir or something else, you need to change what your brain is thinking about.
Pick up a book to read, listen to some music, anything, doesn't have to be calm music, just something to break your train of thought.
If you're on a natural high, you need a natural way down, why use pills to bring you down, its the start of the slippery slope.

A friend of mine paid the ultimate price for chemical ups and downs and its just not worth it.
If a doctor is prescribing drugs for this condition then he needs to reassess his position.

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
Well the doctor said he thinks it all comes from anxiety, so for that i will be on a 4-6 month course of citalopram 10mg

and the temazepam 10mg are for 10 days.

I personally asked for instant sleep aid as i couldnt sleep at all.

Trust me Ardbeg, if winding down was the fix, it would of been done a long time ago, its not as simple as that :(

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
Well the doctor said he thinks it all comes from anxiety, so for that i will be on a 4-6 month course of citalopram 10mg

and the temazepam 10mg are for 10 days.

I personally asked for instant sleep aid as i couldnt sleep at all.

Trust me Ardbeg, if winding down was the fix, it would of been done a long time ago, its not as simple as that :(

Anxiety doesn't make you have trouble sleeping.... I should know, I'm on anti depressants, anti psychotic and sleeping tablet in one (Mirtazapine) and even if you did have anxiety, which I highly doubt... you would know because you would have trouble going to work and doing daily things in public etc, so I doubt that's the issue here. Citalopram is shite, it's usually prescribed to females not males because of how weak it is, and 10MG is the lowest, it won't do **** for you and like you have stated you don't have anxiety / depression so no need to be taking that anyway. Just go on the Temazepam and see how that works for you, 10 days isn't even long enough though imo. If you had anxiety, giving you an anti depressant would make you happier, more excited and in general you would be more awake and alert if anything so i can't see how that would make you sleep lmao... it would make you unable to if anything / make it worse.... I was on Fluoxetine (anti depressant) and I couldn't sleep, so then he took me off that and put me on Mirtazpine which does as i stated, 4 things at once, anti depressant, helps with anxiety, mellows you out and makes you tired, and anti psychotic.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I turned to alcohol, having a few cans a night would help me sleep. Not always, but usually it did.

However, that's just as bad as not sleeping, so I'm trying to get back into a routine.

Paracetomol help me relax (I get restless legs, was told Para or Co-Codemol help), so I take a couple of them about half an hour before I'm intending on going to bed. I make sure I'm not playing any games too late, and I'll just sit and relax for the last hour or two before I head to bed.

Must admit, sometimes I will be up all night (Like last night!), but I'm sleeping much better than I was previously.

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
Starting to think Mir is the common denominator here.

Did not play Mir for about 6 years, it was in that time my anxiety / depression etc came to surface, some people just get it, but also it can be passed on through genes, so if your parents or grand parents have mental health issues, high probability can be passed on. Like anything in life, it's just the way it is.

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
The Citalopram is not supposed to be strong, its supposed to ease me up everyday, i take the temazepam to sleep.

You cant really say everybody with anxiety cant go work cause thats not how it always works.

I described to my doctor how i feel and bla bla and my description was pretty much the same as the defination of anxiety

"a feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease about something with an uncertain outcome"

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
I can get you some tamazies £3 a pill.

---------- Post Merged at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Anxiety doesn't make you have trouble sleeping.... I should know, I'm on anti depressants, anti psychotic and sleeping tablet in one (Mirtazapine) and even if you did have anxiety, which I highly doubt... you would know because you would have trouble going to work and doing daily things in public etc, so I doubt that's the issue here. Citalopram is shite, it's usually prescribed to females not males because of how weak it is, and 10MG is the lowest, it won't do **** for you and like you have stated you don't have anxiety / depression so no need to be taking that anyway. Just go on the Temazepam and see how that works for you, 10 days isn't even long enough though imo. If you had anxiety, giving you an anti depressant would make you happier, more excited and in general you would be more awake and alert if anything so i can't see how that would make you sleep lmao... it would make you unable to if anything / make it worse.... I was on Fluoxetine (anti depressant) and I couldn't sleep, so then he took me off that and put me on Mirtazpine which does as i stated, 4 things at once, anti depressant, helps with anxiety, mellows you out and makes you tired, and anti psychotic.

I have anxiety and I don't take any medication for it, if it becomes a problem I remove myself from that situation.
oh and anxiety plays a massive role in sleep deprivation, please don't state fiction as fact.

Last edited:

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
The Citalopram is not supposed to be strong, its supposed to ease me up everyday, i take the temazepam to sleep.

You cant really say everybody with anxiety cant go work cause thats not how it always works.

I described to my doctor how i feel and bla bla and my description was pretty much the same as the defination of anxiety

"a feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease about something with an uncertain outcome"

"a feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease about something with an uncertain outcome" You never stated any of this in this thread, if you did, I'm blind.

I have anxiety and I don't take any medication for it, if it becomes a problem I remove myself from that situation.
oh and anxiety plays a massive role in sleep deprivation, please don't state fiction as fact.

When your anxious, you want to escape a situation, your body is also stressed as well as your mind therefore you become tired both mentally and physically, going to sleep would be escaping the situation or getting away from reality, why would someone be worried to sleep when it would help them escape reality in which they have anxiety from? lol

Last edited:

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
image.png
"a feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease about something with an uncertain outcome" You never stated any of this in this thread, if you did, I'm blind.

When your anxious, you want to escape a situation, your body is also stressed as well as your mind therefore you become tired both mentally and physically, going to sleep would be escaping the situation or getting away from reality, why would someone be worried to sleep when it would help them escape reality in which they have anxiety from? lol

What a douche turtle, I've had many sleepless nights due to anxiety, anxiety causes brain overdrive which makes it difficult to switch off and sleep, that's not even 101 it's like just 1.

Anxiety is a big puddle so don't go thinking you can jump over it when your in high heels and a mini skirt and you've got tree trunks for legs, your gonna fall in that puddle and look all silly and wet.

It takes seconds to google.

Word of advice to Popcorn, don't bank on any advice off here, there's buckets of different medications available and only a doctor would be able to offer the correct one.

Or smoke a joint...

Last edited:

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
View attachment 17732

What a douche turtle, I've had many sleepless nights due to anxiety, anxiety causes brain overdrive which makes it difficult to switch off and sleep, that's not even 101 it's like just 1.

Anxiety is a big puddle so don't go thinking you can jump over it when your in high heels and a mini skirt and you've got tree trunks for legs, your gonna fall in that puddle and look all silly and wet.

It takes seconds to google.

Word of advice to Popcorn, don't bank on any advice off here, there's buckets of different medications available and only a doctor would be able to offer the correct one.

Or smoke a joint...

You call me a douche for my opinion? Having anxiety always made me tired, personally. It stressed out my mind and body therefore making me tired and needing to rest on a physical, mental & emotional level. P.S, Your getting grumpy, I guess you missed your day nap. Put your head down to sleep now little boy, all will be better in the morning. :cupcake:

Last edited:

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
You call me a douche for my opinion? Having anxiety always made me tired, personally. It stressed out my mind and body therefore making me tired and needing to rest on a physical, mental & emotional level. P.S, Your getting grumpy, I guess you missed your day nap. Put your head down to sleep now little boy, all will be better in the morning. :cupcake:

You wasn't stating your opinion, you clearly stated that sleep loss is not a sign of anxiety, the douche turtle came from the fact you was speaking with such confidence when you was merely expressing an uneducated opinion.

---------- Post Merged at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:07 AM ----------

Anxiety doesn't make you have trouble sleeping.... I should
know

Dr. Douche Turtle

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
You wasn't stating your opinion

You was speaking with such confidence when you was merely expressing an uneducated opinion.

Stop contradicting yourself, you was typing with such confidence too, shame. P.S, You clearly still need to go to bed, Mr. Grumpy. :cheerful:

"Anxiety causes profound muscle tension all throughout the day, and often this causes a similar "drained" feeling that makes your body tired. Mental Tiredness, Some of that tiredness is entirely mental, simply because your brain - like a muscle - can also run out of strength."

The only people who can't sleep with anxiety usually, are those who are scared of going to sleep, it makes you so tired that if your not afraid of it, that is what you will do, you are also escaping reality, and feel at ease in the comfort of your own bed and covers etc, majority of people with anxiety are usually afraid of social aspects, not going to sleep.

Also, if you are on an anti-anxiety / anti-depressant, then yes, this can cause Insomnia as it gears everything up in your brain, thus obviously will be very hard to shut the brain off / slow down enough to sleep. This is why I can't understand why his doctor would of gave him a sleeping tablet and an anti-depressant, the anti-depressant will be gearing his brain up, thus causing everything he complained about to be worse and accelerated.

In MY OPINION, a sleeping tablet would be better by itself, it would cause his brain to slow down, his thoughts, his body, etc without anything such as the anti-depressant he's on fighting with it or causing his brain to try and gear up. If he indeed has a slight cause of anxiety or depression, it's probably from the lack of sleep he's been having, I suggest you look up what sleep deprivation can cause.

I've said all I need to say, I will not be checking back here. :peaceful:

Last edited:

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
I couldn't sleep yet I wasn't scared of falling asleep. Where are you getting these facts from?

Once again, your opinion is equivalent to a crock pot full of camel ****, give it all you want but don't get all ratty when someone says they're not gonna eat it.

- not a doctor

Ps- saying things like "most people don't have trouble sleeping, it's more a social thing" makes you look like you know what you talking about but in fact you know zero, you've probably been given a dose of anti depressants/anxiety pills and think your the Gatsby of medicine.

Some people get social anxiety alone, some people get work related anxiety, there's many different types so to generalise it like you are doing makes you look like how Mapadale used to.

Last edited:

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
I've got to agree with Prai. You can't use your opinion and almost state it as fact, that just confuses me, you also can't generalize anxiety in to one group. I did some sort of internet test about it and i come out at about 60% which is just above moderately anxious. i wont be basing anything off that test but its something.

I've never been scared to sleep but i still cant sleep. I'd like to point out that i dont think i have BAD anxiety but its bad enough.

The Temazepam 10ng i've been taking has been helping a lot, i've been falling asleep within the hour which is a miracle and i wake up after 6-8 hours feeling amazing, i have never woken up feeling refreshed but now i do.

As for your advice dead serious, i am very thankful but please in the future please be more casual, it came across as fact and made me question everything i had been doing and my doctor.

Reactions: Prai

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
I've got to agree with Prai. You can't use your opinion and almost state it as fact, that just confuses me, you also can't generalize anxiety in to one group. I did some sort of internet test about it and i come out at about 60% which is just above moderately anxious. i wont be basing anything off that test but its something.

I've never been scared to sleep but i still cant sleep. I'd like to point out that i dont think i have BAD anxiety but its bad enough.

The Temazepam 10ng i've been taking has been helping a lot, i've been falling asleep within the hour which is a miracle and i wake up after 6-8 hours feeling amazing, i have never woken up feeling refreshed but now i do.

As for your advice dead serious, i am very thankful but please in the future please be more casual, it came across as fact and made me question everything i had been doing and my doctor.

Hopefully youll learn to control it one day. In my experience it took the realisation that nearly everybody has or will have anxiety one point during their lives, I still get the odd attack but I have my own ways of calming myself down.

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
You probably heard about them but have you tried melatonin or valerian? You don't need prescription for those and they are pretty cheap.

You can also give ZMA a try, it's just zinc, magnesium and B6. I know people who takes it and it doesn't actually help you to sleep quicker but helps your resting. It can make 6 hours of sleep feel like 8 hours.