Other Changing over to c files

smoochy boys on tour

spon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 6, 2012
Hi

Have been thinking about it for some time now and i`m actually liking the crystal files quite abit, just worried would it be a pain in the but if i was to convert my server which is currently using the custom 2.5 td files to the crystal files?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
The files are certainly coming on big time. Far and the team are doing a great job.
If you're proficient in C# then the possibilities are almost limitless.

Why is this thread marked as a Release though ?

Upvote 0

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
The Crystal files have a lot of potential, Converting everything over is very easy. I can get a full base Copy/Paste/Test server up and running in a day or 2,

Upvote 0

spon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 6, 2012
Ok excellent

Daneo1989 the only problem i would have would be my player data as would loose it all as c files doesnt have SQL it uses a flat file system correct?

Upvote 0

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Yes, you would loose all character database, you could make each account one by one, and try sort through peoples items but tht would take ages,

as requested

http://www.filedropper.com/mir

me personally if i was gonna upgrade, I would add a loyalty to the returning users, and a XP/Drop boost.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

spon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 6, 2012
Yes, that would take forever, was thinking of doing something along them lines XP/Drop boost event as such, however gonna leave it for about a week or so as i`m waiting on players feedback as i have posted about converting to the c files and i will loose all my player data so aslong as the players are happy with converting to the c files where there will be more content and much more to do then i can look forward to converting over.

Upvote 0