Request Lag issues

spon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 6, 2012
[FONT=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]if at random points in the day it could be up to 10-15 times per day people are disconnecting but not everyone is what could this be. and does anyone know a fix if they know what it is, my host machine is top specs, my internet connection is 200 meg fiber optic so cannot be any of them two.[/FONT]

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
First thing to try is turning off all power saving options such as going to standby etc.
Turn off any timed background tasks.
Make sure your files are ignored by any A/V software etc.
Use a wired connection between router and pc if you can to avoid any wifi channel issues.

These are just a few of the obvious things.

Upvote 0

spon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 6, 2012
Tryed all these solutions, ive even upgraded my internet from 160 meg to 200 meg and got the latest HUB 3 router also still the same problem

ive even put 6 more gig of memory on the host so now the host is 11 gig but its still the same, i have a six core processor 3.31GHz,

ive now ran out of options and i dont know how to solve this lag issue, server can be fine 1 minute then all of a sudden everybody freezes and they all lag out but yet they can reconnect back straight away.

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
It could be the internet losing temporary connection - i know Virgin Media often had issues in that it would be switch paths or something and for a few seconds would cut the connection.

Most programs automatically compensate for this and have automatic retries on failed connections, meaning the user would never really notice any change - but certain programs (namely mir) would instantly kick the user because it couldn't get a response, and wouldn't bother to try again.

I think it was on Chronicles were lots of people would just get kicked, and other people would be fine - but none of them reported any down time and could instantly relog.

Not knowing which server files you're using, but if you're using Crystal then increasing the TimeOut might help.

Personally however i would never host a server on a home line. Regardless of the speed of your line, most home lines are unreliable at best.

Upvote 0

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Virgin auto switches between 2G and 5G depending which offers best connection, You can disable this though search for some guides,

Upvote 0

spon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 6, 2012
Done everything possible and am still getting lag issues, ive been using 2.5 td files now for a few years and never gained this much lag before where people just freeze and then tottaly get disconnected, the issue im having has only been happening for approx the last 2 - 3weeks.

virgin media i fink are great but due to the lag im receiving i feel it could may well be on there side even tho they have done there checks and re-set my router several times and still no effect still having same problem, ive changed router to the new HUB 3 ive changed ethernet cables etc.

Ive tottaly ran out of options to look in to just wondered if anyone else maybe knew something that could may well fink the problem.

Upvote 0