Retribution Mir [Crystal Files]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
its the files not my connection.. The crashes seem to have stopped

Enjoy the trials you have to go through with many crashes then users complaining at you because its "Your host" even though theres issues to do with the code, its not perfect so theres going to be bugs and crashes, any crystal files will experience this until its been thoroughly tested in every single type of scenario a simple T in Target can crash the server instead of having it as target with a lower case t.

It is a bit unfair on server owners the amount of stick they get from players even though they do work hard, for example on affinity we're working everyday as soon as any code crash pops up its fixed before the server goes back online, slowly taking the problems with crashes down and down.

To run a "good" so to speak server you need to have some coding knowledge in order or fix and bugs or errors that may arise as the files are not in a 100% state - yes they work - yes they have a lot in them - but they are far from being complete.

Would like to see server owners getting a bit more praise and a little less stick if their legitimately working hard on their servers as its not easy i can tell you that much, not only do you have to deal with players queries in game, listen to their feed back, you have to also do advertising, coding, add content, bug testing, bug splatting, map creation, monster creation, adding new monsters, new spells. the list goes on. But you see my point, i dont feel any server owner gets enough credit (Crystal files i mean Chronicles on its AceM2 is a different file set so it doesnt really relate to what im saying)

I just hope players start seeing things a little better and feeling a bit more for server owners instead of just tearing their heads off the moment theres a crash/bug - Their always the first to say "Omg this is terrible bla bla bla" but their never the first to actually submit information to a GM or someone who can actually change someone they expect to say it to their friends and it suddenly be changed or fixed.

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
Enjoy the trials you have to go through with many crashes then users complaining at you because its "Your host" even though theres issues to do with the code, its not perfect so theres going to be bugs and crashes, any crystal files will experience this until its been thoroughly tested in every single type of scenario a simple T in Target can crash the server instead of having it as target with a lower case t.

It is a bit unfair on server owners the amount of stick they get from players even though they do work hard, for example on affinity we're working everyday as soon as any code crash pops up its fixed before the server goes back online, slowly taking the problems with crashes down and down.

To run a "good" so to speak server you need to have some coding knowledge in order or fix and bugs or errors that may arise as the files are not in a 100% state - yes they work - yes they have a lot in them - but they are far from being complete.

Would like to see server owners getting a bit more praise and a little less stick if their legitimately working hard on their servers as its not easy i can tell you that much, not only do you have to deal with players queries in game, listen to their feed back, you have to also do advertising, coding, add content, bug testing, bug splatting, map creation, monster creation, adding new monsters, new spells. the list goes on. But you see my point, i dont feel any server owner gets enough credit (Crystal files i mean Chronicles on its AceM2 is a different file set so it doesnt really relate to what im saying)

I just hope players start seeing things a little better and feeling a bit more for server owners instead of just tearing their heads off the moment theres a crash/bug - Their always the first to say "Omg this is terrible bla bla bla" but their never the first to actually submit information to a GM or someone who can actually change someone they expect to say it to their friends and it suddenly be changed or fixed.

Have to agree with you here, we are using files that are not 100% stable as they claim to be. The hours put into fixing the errors and updating same time only to receive negative attitude is very off putting. I am trying to fix what i can with the help of Far etc which to give them credit are very helpful and quick to fix your problems.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
who ever claimed the crystal files were 100% stable? lol.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sodslaw

Ol' Phart
Dedicated Member
Jul 13, 2010
Suffolk
Question:- My pointer seems to be offset (about a pace) to the right. Is there any way to correct this ?
Any-one else with this problem ?

SPL1FF

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Banshee
Game Master
Mar 24, 2003
Question:- My pointer seems to be offset (about a pace) to the right. Is there any way to correct this ?
Any-one else with this problem ?

Would this have something to do with your resolution?

tridan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 2, 2012
Have to agree with you here, we are using files that are not 100% stable as they claim to be. The hours put into fixing the errors and updating same time only to receive negative attitude is very off putting. I am trying to fix what i can with the help of Far etc which to give them credit are very helpful and quick to fix your problems.

Mate, of course we appreciate the effort.

Is there a new exe? server wont connect atm.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
we are using files that are not 100% stable as they claim to be.

Who claimed Crystal was 100% stable? Because the Crystal team hasn't, TD/LCD has also posted about the Crystal files flaws even this thread http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?84526-Comparison-of-available-files-2014 states "Unstable, Untested, potential bugs/exploits"

Until the big Crystal Servers start contributing Source side fixes on a daily basis how is the base set going to be 100% stable?

kevin87

Night date without obligations, one night only
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 11, 2005
Usa
first of all Todd i want to thank you for the effort you've put into this server!
but there are a few problems, i've noticed fair few new people log in (new people) spending like 30mins in game and never logging back in? i dont know how to suggest a fix to that but thought i'd let you know, also player count has dropped by 2/3s too, i do generally believe its due to item drops, i know its a low rate, which for a first i actually really enjoy!, but maybe you need to tweak you drop rate to your player base? not for 50+ people, i do generally believe doing so would bring back to your server! i'm certainly not asking for drops to be easy, like maybe change the drops by 1/3? so if its 1/3000 make it 1/2000? just an example before anyone flames me haha, maybe do a small event to sort out people for the down time? nothing major like 1.2x exp maybe? that will also help new players to level!, me personally i've been doing my best to help new people by giving them kits up to level 25, but for now thats all i can think of, sorry for the long post!

Edit
also i dont want you to think im taking a dig at you at all, just want you to succeed with the server, as it has great potential!, also maybe add items that drop with +stats on? that would make things interestng and give people more of a reason to level and hunt?

/Ashfie

Last edited:

tridan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 2, 2012
I think that Todd has a great server here that just needs some nourishment and tweeking based on player feedback.

I think to encourage server numbers maybe start peeps at lvl 11 in town? or something like that or give them an xp boost until 30?

Think the lvl 40 caves and group areas such as BDD will encourage more people to play that are waiting for this content, as well as maybe a few low lvl mythical drops.

Would say that wars and tao can solo most subs and bosses but wiz struggle beating regen without poison, so thunderbolt does need to be strengthened and slightly higher hp.

Apart from that I think the server does not give away stuff too quickly, which is good, but the higher lvl content is needed.

Also maybe giving your number to a regular player you know so they can text you when server down? As I said previously this is one of the best servers I have played. Keep up the good work, and know that players do appreciate your hard work... i certainly do.

Rastlin

kevin87

Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 11, 2005
Usa
i do agree with Rastlin, maybe not the exp boost to 30, as its not actually hard to do that, but in regards to the regen bit, ive seen few wizzies in town rolling poi on there gear? if so maybe give that a try bro? or drag my ass to bosses with you :D

tridan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 2, 2012
lmfao. Think some wizz result to trying to melee the poison on before hiting which is ridiculous. Maybe thunderbolt should employ poison effect if on weapon? Think is unfair on wizz that war and tao can use storm, pois, and freeze and wizz get nothing except agilty which these others can also use.

kevin87

Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 11, 2005
Usa
maybe its just worth a shot at doing? hopefully it will work, but maybe once your higher level and better base mc fw will do the trick

tridan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 2, 2012
yes server is down bud

Can anyone text Todd and get him to restart server? ARRGGHHHH - wana play before Mrs finds me some jobs to do around the house.

---------- Post Merged at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Last edited: