Retribution Mir [Crystal Files]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Servers died, all the main players have quit/quitting and todd is obviously elsewhere, no one has heard from him in a good while and theres so many bugs, could honestly make a better server in 2 weeks tops and actually pull a usercount and keep it.

might have to do so as theres not much on the market atm.

100% a server created for gains of money and once he got a certain amount he just didnt give a s***

Says the one who tries to recall his donations from people when he jumps to another server.

I agree it may have died, but he did put work into it and to be honest if you could do a better job, go and do it. I'd love to see your work would be amusing to say the least.

tenkaichi

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 2, 2010
Says the one who tries to recall his donations from people when he jumps to another server.

I agree it may have died, but he did put work into it and to be honest if you could do a better job, go and do it. I'd love to see your work would be amusing to say the least.

what work all hes done is make a drop file on one mob+boss and the cloned it for every cave then re skinned it that takes 4-5hours tops

half the caves ingame have there map coords set so no need to make each floor spawn rates per mob are the same see caves like CoE + infested are more packed because there are more mobs per cave

only thing tht probs took awhile is making up silly names for everything or he just used rpg name generator

hes not looked properly at any class the damage done is the same on my files i got 2days ago i'd have said 2-3weeks tops

Krix has a better private server that only took him 3months to make with 4times the amount of content & he has looked and balanced each class Pve + pvp

heck me a Radford where making a server 3days he made OST + DOA + 5 other multi boss caves from skratch

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
what work all hes done is make a drop file on one mob+boss and the cloned it for every cave then re skinned it that takes 4-5hours tops

half the caves ingame have there map coords set so no need to make each floor spawn rates per mob are the same see caves like CoE + infested are more packed because there are more mobs per cave

only thing tht probs took awhile is making up silly names for everything or he just used rpg name generator

hes not looked properly at any class the damage done is the same on my files i got 2days ago i'd have said 2-3weeks tops

Krix has a better private server that only took him 3months to make with 4times the amount of content & he has looked and balanced each class Pve + pvp

heck me a Radford where making a server 3days he made OST + DOA + 5 other multi boss caves from skratch

I haven't looked ingame myself, just seen what people have wrote so thought he'd at least done some stuff. Which still takes some hard work, but I suppose us on Affinity just work a lot more so just feels nasty when people say Server work is easy thats all.

Fair enough if he's genuinely just given it a cow ride and chucked bits together thought better of him for this time round. Just sometimes people throw a lot of hate at server owners who provide a game for free but get it really quite badly in the neck even though their working really hard daily to do fixes and get updates together for players. Sometimes server owners deserve a bit more gratitude is all im saying, but I suppose in todds case its the same old and he doesnt really fit into a server owner category anymore.

Hope he comes back to prove me wrong but i doubt it.

K_Jonzy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 8, 2008
My House
Azzi, no hate at all, look at my previous posts sticking up for the server in this thread, i have put a lot of time into playing this server because i was excited to be able to start a game when it launched as you dont get chances to do that with mir anymore really.

if you havent logged on this server, then you dont understand, but it really has been horrible, there are quests that require you to kill mobs, that literally cannot be killed, despite how many people there are, how many pots, the health bar just doesnt go down, and thats a medium level boss..
there are so many glitches, and ok fair enough he is a server owner, it takes some effort to download the files, change the names of items, increase stats a little, copy maps from elsewhere, change the names of maps, maybe alter a few door coordinates, increase mob spawns, change mob names, create a awakening npc that doesnt work, create refining with no mining implimented or any items that have class specific stats and thats all. no special repair, orbs+gems being the main way to increase stats as no items drop between level 33-42(majority of average levels).
i stuck up for todd in the fact that he had put effort in prior to release, but once he had he has changed nothing, with no testing other than his own. checking the screenshots he put up, he kills bosses, dropping holy sword with his cursor hovering over it as if its rare, its not, its a scimitar.
im being honest in saying, from personal experience you can tell the amount of effort someones put into a server, yours for example, has hand written quests that require you to learn hotkeys when you start. his quests are literally, kill each mob in this cave 150 times, collect 50 items from one mob, kill boss, move on, and there are no unique quests, items, nothing.
there was promise for all this, but none of which happened.

with regards to your comment on me making a server, it might of been in 2008, but i recall you asking to create a server together?

Capture.PNG

this was when i was 14 years old. ive been away from mir files for a good few years, but i would be interested in returning to it should i find the time.

edit: you should read private messages between me and you alucarD, im in stitches over asking for my msn, havent heard of msn in years XD

Last edited:

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Azzi, no hate at all, look at my previous posts sticking up for the server in this thread, i have put a lot of time into playing this server because i was excited to be able to start a game when it launched as you dont get chances to do that with mir anymore really.

if you havent logged on this server, then you dont understand, but it really has been horrible, there are quests that require you to kill mobs, that literally cannot be killed, despite how many people there are, how many pots, the health bar just doesnt go down, and thats a medium level boss..
there are so many glitches, and ok fair enough he is a server owner, it takes some effort to download the files, change the names of items, increase stats a little, copy maps from elsewhere, change the names of maps, maybe alter a few door coordinates, increase mob spawns, change mob names, create a awakening npc that doesnt work, create refining with no mining implimented or any items that have class specific stats and thats all. no special repair, orbs+gems being the main way to increase stats as no items drop between level 33-42(majority of average levels).
i stuck up for todd in the fact that he had put effort in prior to release, but once he had he has changed nothing, with no testing other than his own. checking the screenshots he put up, he kills bosses, dropping holy sword with his cursor hovering over it as if its rare, its not, its a scimitar.
im being honest in saying, from personal experience you can tell the amount of effort someones put into a server, yours for example, has hand written quests that require you to learn hotkeys when you start. his quests are literally, kill each mob in this cave 150 times, collect 50 items from one mob, kill boss, move on, and there are no unique quests, items, nothing.
there was promise for all this, but none of which happened.

with regards to your comment on me making a server, it might of been in 2008, but i recall you asking to create a server together?

View attachment 17840

this was when i was 14 years old. ive been away from mir files for a good few years, but i would be interested in returning to it should i find the time.

edit: you should read private messages between me and you alucarD, im in stitches over asking for my msn, havent heard of msn in years XD

That was back in the 2.3 days your not allowed to bring that up! :P

But no i get where your coming from. Just feel like sometimes all the negative thigns say all over the forums and more just makes people not want to play mir 2 any more and what starts to kill off the game itself. Also very true i get that "New server buzz" heck I remember it on the 2.3 days.

Anyway, i cant keep posting here As i have work of my own to do. Big update coming up very soon so much to do :) Wishing you all the best of luck in waiting for Todds impending return ;)

K_Jonzy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 8, 2008
My House
That was back in the 2.3 days your not allowed to bring that up! :P

But no i get where your coming from. Just feel like sometimes all the negative thigns say all over the forums and more just makes people not want to play mir 2 any more and what starts to kill off the game itself. Also very true i get that "New server buzz" heck I remember it on the 2.3 days.

Anyway, i cant keep posting here As i have work of my own to do. Big update coming up very soon so much to do :) Wishing you all the best of luck in waiting for Todds impending return ;)

Cheers pal haha, tbh the way it looks atm my guild in here may be joining affinity, but I'm still waiting on Todd to return before I permanently decide this.

kevin87

Prime Сasual Dating - True Females
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 11, 2005
GB
todd has done like maybe 2-3 things since the server opened.. he hasn't listened to any of his players!, also ive helped him by ringing/texting to get his server back up because it goes down so much, so infact the players have done their level best, but hes a lazy arsed robbing bum! just wanted quick cash! its a shame!

tenkaichi

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 2, 2010
todd has done like maybe 2-3 things since the server opened.. he hasn't listened to any of his players!, also ive helped him by ringing/texting to get his server back up because it goes down so much, so infact the players have done their level best, but hes a lazy arsed robbing bum! just wanted quick cash! its a shame!

tbh hes done nothing, if you check the screen shots all the level40+ caves have already been made, just for some sad reason hes delayed there release

K_Jonzy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 8, 2008
My House
I find it hilarious that todd can manage to counter claim the paypal retracted payments, but he cannot log on to tell his 1 user whats going on, or update on lomcn...really puts things into perspective i guess.

kevin87

Prime Сasual Dating - True Females
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 11, 2005
GB
Todd is a pure low life, he really shouldnt be allowed to advertise on these forums!