Few testers needed

smoochy boys on tour

happypuppy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 15, 2003
BC, Canada
cant wait to get this going it should be nice all things considered
people need to let go of the same old mir2 and mir3 and try what we hardly tried with the same concepts.. i wish we can find the Conquera Files

liquidice

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 6, 2003
England
Myself and Sanity are very close

Sanity is currently completing the drop files, I've been working on translations.

I've rented a vm server today to see how it holds up with a 1gb Ethernet line up and down.

Please Keep an eye out on Westernwoool.com

I would love for some of the mir2 and 3 players to give it ago when we know its sorted.

ceilingfan

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 10, 2015
not trying to be a negative nancy but any project involving sanity is doomed from the start

he's been working on woool for what seems like an eternity but never commits or sees anything through to completion. he'll be working on something else before you know it

liquidice

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 6, 2003
England
not trying to be a negative nancy but any project involving sanity is doomed from the start

he's been working on woool for what seems like an eternity but never commits or sees anything through to completion. he'll be working on something else before you know it

I can vouch for him myself, Sanity and myself have been working on these files for almost 2 years now, on top of translating the client.
I think all Sanity needed was a little help........... coding translations..... ideas...... advertising....... hosting..... maintaining. Its a big job for one man, and still he has still done the majority of the work.

In the beginning of the Mir private servers you had **** loads of people working on them files, fine tuning etc. Woool has never had that luxury...... we have had 1 man working on them. The time and effort he has put into these files is unreal, and I will say again ..... we are very close to completion.

Cheers

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007

You been waiting over 2 years to post that?

Not posted here for a while but like Liq has mentioned it's coming together, pretty much the core of woool is ready and we are just fine tuning everything. There won't be another testing phase, the next date will be the release date of the server but it shouldn't be long.

Liq will be updating the website to try explain features in woool and give you a good understanding on what features are available and events you can do everyday.
Don't want to post any information on the server just yet as it may change later on.

liquidice

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 6, 2003
England
You been waiting over 2 years to post that?

Not posted here for a while but like Liq has mentioned it's coming together, pretty much the core of woool is ready and we are just fine tuning everything. There won't be another testing phase, the next date will be the release date of the server but it shouldn't be long.

Liq will be updating the website to try explain features in woool and give you a good understanding on what features are available and events you can do everyday.
Don't want to post any information on the server just yet as it may change later on.

FYI www.westernwoool.com

twigletuk

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 17, 2005
Crewe Cheshire
its just like mir tbh but it looks like better all new spells mobs etc. played it along time ago was very gd. just needs the usercount

meijiz

Banned
Banned
May 17, 2017
is this server still in a testing stage or it's already live? if it's live already any idea what's the usercount thank u

liquidice

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 6, 2003
England
is this server still in a testing stage or it's already live? if it's live already any idea what's the usercount thank u

The server is not up at the moment, when we do put it up we will be opening open beta, we are aiming for March this year.... we are very close.

---------- Post Merged at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:52 PM ----------

be surprised if its ever released lol
then be prepared to be surprised

NightDance

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 21, 2013
I played this server,quest has issues.And magic animation is not fluent.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
I played this server,quest has issues.And magic animation is not fluent.

Alpha test was a long time ago and yes the animation in attacks and magic attacks was really bad, the biggest bug with the CT version but they have been fixed, i went on official server and tested every skill i could get to make sure every delay matched and was correctly done.

The quests on the other hand i don't think we really did much with the quests as they worked fine, we just didn't properly implant them in Alpha.

[video=youtube;YIHC_TfWcMk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIHC_TfWcMk&feature=youtu.be[/video]
[video=youtube;c7n-rusx0aM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7n-rusx0aM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:

meijiz

Banned
Banned
May 17, 2017
to be honest UI needs an improvement, looks kind weird comparing to the original wool

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
to be honest UI needs an improvement, looks kind weird comparing to the original wool

This is the 2.0 woool interface, we couldn't improve it even if we wanted to, we don't have the client source code.
You can switch interface in game to small or big, the above is the smaller interface, the other is below.
woool interface.png