Guided Tour in Asia

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Has anybody done a guided tour in Asia (specifically China)?

I want to do something cool and out of my comfort zone. I'm wondering if anyone has any experiences they can share and give an insight to what it's like (or suggestions of other places that you may have been to and can recommend).

I guess what I want out of the tour is to get some kind of experience of a new culture and get integrated with the locals, do some sight seeing (i like to do some off-track /mountain trekking). I am not the fittest person in the world however I am up for a good challenge.

What I've been looking at today is a 21 day experience from Beijing to HongKong. All the details are in the link below. I've also got to weigh up whether it's worth the price considering i'm a Student and money may be tight however I feel something like this would be a good treat as part of / the end of my year in industry.

Maybe I should look at something that isn't so look, maybe a 10-12 day adventure instead may be more suitable. To take into consideration the guided tour is £2000. Flights will be like £600 and I have to pay for food (they recommend about £600), souvenirs and additional attractions. So maybe an extra £200-400.

Total estimation about £3500 for the one I've linked below.

https://www.gadventures.co.uk/trips/wild-china/1790/?ref=asearch

Silencer

Comedian
Golden Oldie
Feb 9, 2008
LOMCN HQ with Tai, eating bagels.
Hello,

I just got back from 6 weeks in Vietnam, Cambodia and the lovely Thai island of Koh Chang.

Would information about these countries be of any interest to yourself?

I experienced everything from trekking through the beautiful rice paddy fields of the Sa Pa mountains and Kayaking through Ha Long Bay to the deserted Freedom Island where I spent Christmas day on the beach, to sexual intercourse with my first German girl, snorting a Huntsman with three feral as **** Aussie lads and driving a moped into a 70km long lagoon whilst tripping balls on a Xanax, Diazepam and Espresso Martini cocktail.

I have photographs and videos of at least one of those events.

It’s the sex. Only the sex. I don’t take many photographs.

I also stitched a person up by the pool after they fell on broken glass, that was scary, but kind of exciting.

Contact me if you want any guidance on where to stay and what to do.

---------- Post Merged on 27-01-2017 at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 25-01-2017 at 02:55 PM ----------

It would appear my assistance is not required here.

I am going to the States next week - so if anyone requires any travel advice in that particular area, let me know and I'll do a little Vlog for you.