Original mir3 files

smoochy boys on tour

Bolton

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 23, 2016
Hi, new to forum played mir2 and mir3 years ago, i have tryed a few of the private servers avalible and just cant get into them. Hats off to cronicles so far theyve done a good job but the whole upgrading system kinda ruins the game for me.
was really posting to see if anyone is working on any original mir3 server files. Gsp has gone abit farfetched from the original game play. I dont know about players now days but i am desperate to play "old school" mir. As far as programing goes i really dont know whats involved and how hard it is to add new files and to exsisting content, but i have some good ideas if any1 is working on an original pvp, pk allowed mir3 server.
also if any1 knows a server that exsists that is on the mark to "old school" mir gaming please post to let me know.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
zentaur is based on old school mir3 ( even have all 0-42 items orginal ) just with a little twist ( hierarchy titles + own items )

BoomBoom

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 16, 2013
I don't think there are any servers like official. Every server has custom dungeons, poor quests and items with messed up stats.

Also every server people complain about Taoists doing no damage (like they should).

blade6742

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 3, 2012
I had the official IGNIS server running, but was closed due to lack of interest. Several people are making great servers, only option is to try them all out

Bolton

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 23, 2016
Yeah i c what u mean, boom. Taos are healers... whole point is group play- all servers are more for solo gaming and agree on stats, i joined a gsp server for 2mins see the kits of the leading characters and deleted.
I see that old post blade spent awhile trying to hunt down a download for client. Was gutted to c links had closed. Hard to remember but pretty sure my chara was on ignis. Out of interest is that server still able to reopen if more people get involved? I see old characters were redemed but maybe if it was started fresh more people would be inclined to join and start again.

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
I had the official IGNIS server running, but was closed due to lack of interest. Several people are making great servers, only option is to try them all out

Any chance you would be releasing these files in the near future? Without the accounts of course, would be fun to play with.

Bolton

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 23, 2016
Believe it was Nicco. How many players were using it blade? How many would be needed to keep server open?

vortex69

LOMCN Member
Nov 12, 2010
If Ignis server whould have bern wiped im sure a lot of ppls whould play...but he gave old accounts back...and most of players started at lvl 40...and to get lvl 40 u need a lot of time on ignis server.

Bolton

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 23, 2016
Ye i have that same feeling vortex, i read on another post someone state that these days people wanna play high rate exp servers, but isnt the whole point of mir to gradually build and collect decent kit and join guilds, group hunt and pvp for reputation and boss drops ect. I do think there are many that would appreciate a fresh start on an original server. I agree the mistake was prob letting people have characters back, im pretty sure i stopped playing at lvl 56 so would be a disadvantage to people who are starting afresh- even tho my kit was pretty poor for level i was at lol.

Bolton

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 23, 2016
Sounds good, does it still include some caves having krs that need to be opened by mob killing? I know some people dnt like this but it is a good edition to game forces ppl to hunt in certain caves to open kr instead of camping everything. Tbh the original files for boss r/s were pretty good. Had some good pvps fighting for BL BK WT And BC having same spawn time made it interesting + u have 4 options of what boss to go for.

---------- Post Merged at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:28 PM ----------

Im restricted to acess of the link u put in blade, if its the old threads by dale u are refering to they are all broken.

Bolton

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 23, 2016
When server be finishing with test blade, any ideas on a date and are u going to gm the server? And cos they are orginal files will u be keeping quests and daily quests?

blade6742

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 3, 2012
Its not in a testing phase, its a fully released available server, i had this at the same time Ignis was running as a "test" server.
Daily Quests, Mainquest upto 13, Numa Hill, CHB, all the invasions, kings rooms open with only a few kills.

No GM characters have been created. no need

Bolton

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 23, 2016
O rite kl am at d/l atm. How come u not advertised it. U have an ingame character?

blade6742

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 3, 2012
I advertised ignis, and it was popular for about 3 months, then wow patch came out, and everyone left for wow.

Bolton

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 23, 2016
Ah rite, am having trouble getting patch to work clock mir 3 icon and it says auto patch is not working then tryed launcher. It comes up on window mode only but all displaced and discoloured.

vortex69

LOMCN Member
Nov 12, 2010
Ah rite, am having trouble getting patch to work clock mir 3 icon and it says auto patch is not working then tryed launcher. It comes up on window mode only but all displaced and discoloured.

when you run launcher.exe look down and uncheck window mode