Anyone decent with linux around?

smoochy boys on tour

Moonfighter

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Dec 6, 2016
Need help installing windows xp on a linux os.i wanted to remove linux all together.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Put the windows xp onto a disk or USB stick and change the BIO boot up to run it..?

You don't need to know linux to do that. Unless you want to dual boot or run it in a VM however still to dual boot just requires partioning and VM requires you to install software like VMware (if supported on linux platform). Details will vary for VM, e.g. producing an ISO however you can search that easily on Google.

Moonfighter

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Dec 6, 2016
Put the windows xp onto a disk or USB stick and change the BIO boot up to run it..?

You don't need to know linux to do that. Unless you want to dual boot or run it in a VM however still to dual boot just requires partioning and VM requires you to install software like VMware (if supported on linux platform). Details will vary for VM, e.g. producing an ISO however you can search that easily on Google.
Ive tried that, ended up with a black screen. Ive tried the iso on its own on usb and tried extracting the files from iso onto usb. Both end up with black screen:-/

Binary

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Dec 23, 2015
Ive tried that, ended up with a black screen. Ive tried the iso on its own on usb and tried extracting the files from iso onto usb. Both end up with black screen:-/

After or before installing? You need to make the usb bootable if you didn't already know that.

Also, why Windows XP? o.O

steve

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 20, 2005
Reading

that would be too easy though

Moonfighter

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Dec 6, 2016
After or before installing? You need to make the usb bootable if you didn't already know that.

Also, why Windows XP? o.O

yeah, checked that just now. this time it said " this is not a bootable disk". tried same as i did before. didnt work. i like XP.

steve

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 20, 2005
Reading
It's almost 2017 **** xp use 7or10. Unless your pc is too shitty which would explain wanting xp

steve

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 20, 2005
Reading
not found any games i can't run on 7or10. some just need to change compatibility mode

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Mir is playable within a virtual machine. You don't need a dated and insecure OS just to play a game. As a linux user I've never had a problem playing LoM this way.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
yeah, checked that just now. this time it said " this is not a bootable disk". tried same as i did before. didnt work. i like XP.

Use Rufus to make the ISO bootable on the USB.

Insert USB & boot to it.

Install Windows XP.

Enjoy your outdated and unsecure operating system.