Mir Ascendancy Server Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

littletommy

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 10, 2006
WE ARE GOING LIVE.

As some of you know the server is currently online for people to pop on and test if they so chose, This will change at 6PM GMT TODAY. At 6PM the server will go offline allowing us to make a couple of final tweaks and get the ready for launch.

LIVE LAUNCH WILL BE AT 7PM GMT TONIGHT!!!!

Go Tell Your Friends Get Every One Online And Lets All Enjoy The Start Of This New Server Which Holds New And Exciting Things For Mir.

Dont Be Too Late Other Wise You May Miss Out On YOUR Cherished Char Name!!!

website - www.mirascendancy.com
download - www.mirascendancy.com/Client.rar

SEE YOU ALL AT 7!

p.s

Dont Forget to sign up to our FORUMS.

Last edited:

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Great potential, people who love euro should try it - all the best

where do you see much anything in this? at least euro had way more pple on it, this strikes me more bland, that is easier than euro even was and mostly fewer mobs (@lev10 in lev1 armour and basic items like copper rings you can kill OW), gold is more plentiful here and some added items do drop and there is the minimap and such like stuff which crystal files have by default, unlike euro in its first years. BTW I am fine with newer maps but positively dislike the new SV map (what's wrong with the orig one?).

Couldn't get into the door in NC, the one which is at the end of half spiral approach, the other at far right end was ok, BTW nice to see connecting paths.

Last edited:

SilvaRoberto

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014
where do you see much anything in this? at least euro had way more pple on it, this strikes me more bland, that is easier than euro even was and mostly fewer mobs (@lev10 in lev1 armour and basic items like copper rings you can kill OW), gold is more plentiful here and some added items do drop and there is the minimap and such like stuff which crystal files have by default, unlike euro in its first years. BTW I am fine with newer maps but positively dislike the new SV map (what's wrong with the orig one?).

Couldn't get into the door in NC, the one which is at the end of half spiral approach, the other at far right end was ok, BTW nice to see connecting paths.

enjoying the server so far but have to agree what have u done other than put up a basic euro clone anything different?

Geniusnoob

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 13, 2005
Bucks UK

My message was slightly premature and i was relying on them keeping there promises for a whole range of new kit between 20-40 to keep it interesting, at the moment it is just an easier euro clone with more gold and rediculous added items dropping, +3 kits all round

sweetfa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 30, 2003
UK
The added dropped items drop for everyone and make the game that bit more fun to be honest i dont know what is so rediculous about it.

Geniusnoob

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 13, 2005
Bucks UK
The added dropped items drop for everyone and make the game that bit more fun to be honest i dont know what is so rediculous about it.

Rediculous in that its meant to be a euro clone, and i saw a level 3 with an aspeed2 wood sword and a dc3 base dress :lol

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Server is alright to kill time on but it really doesn't seem like they've done anything new with the C# files. Like all in all it seems like they just put up the base files...

SilvaRoberto

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014
Rediculous in that its meant to be a euro clone, and i saw a level 3 with an aspeed2 wood sword and a dc3 base dress :lol

i like the added stat items its means your constantly upgrading your kit and its keeping me grinding away tbh

whg112

Banned
Banned
Dec 17, 2016
Re: Mir Ascendancy Crystal - Live

[2016/12/23 12:10:40] System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX, Version=1.0.2909.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
File name: 'Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX, Version=1.0.2909.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
at Client.MirGraphics.DXManager.LoadTextures()
at Client.MirGraphics.DXManager.Create()
at Client.CMain.CMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

rickeh

LOMCN Member
Dec 16, 2003
uk
Server review:

Having geeked it since the first launch, I feel like writing a review of the server.

Pros:
- Good amount of added items makes getting trash drops fun, it's legitimately fun when seeing an added item drop because it could just be a good upgrade.
- Low rate: Levelling speed is just right, not too fast, but not too slow either, feels like you can make good progress while still maintaining a low-rate feel.

Cons:
- Server team does not communicate with each other, when asking GMs a question, one will give one answer, another will give a different answer.

- Unprofessional server team: SayPlease accidentally rebooted the server yesterday by "closing the wrong tab" even though you get a confirmation message asking if you're sure you want to close the server. Then came in game and acted like it was all a big joke in global chat.

- Over-priced cash shop: £25 for a mount. £2.50 for a 30min 20% exp buff. Clearly didn't get the memo about micro-transactions being the way forward.

- GM interference: Teleporting to people whilst not in observer mode, trapping people in lures. Suspicions that it might even be slightly more than this but have no concrete evidence, just things that seem a little fishy.

- Bugs: Good god the bugs, it was claimed that this server was beta tested for 6 months. 6 hours is more like it. There are more bugs on this server than I have ever seen on any other server. Sin skills FatalSword & FlashDash don't work properly, potion shop is bugged, half the doorways in the game are buggy to name just a few. Oh and don't even think of trying to walk near a piece of scenery that has an animation.

- Caves: There have been several caves which "shouldn't have been able to be accessed" by players but somehow made it through beta testing. For example the Forgotten Path (entrance in Mongchon, between BC and Sabuk) packed with melee mobs, incredibly slow moving, giving 6450xp per kill and easily soloable by 26 sin. I did 60% of 26 there this morning in 2 hours. SayPlease then spawned guards to block the entrance, stating "I didn't know people were lvling there, these mobs should easily 2 shot you". This also happened with Lunar cave being accessible before the server wipe.

-Not-so-low-rate: By the time I hit lvl26, I had 5x lvl26 weps, 2x lvl30 weps and the disgusting acc+3 quest reward lvl26 wep.

-Gold is worthless: This is a personal hate of mine, gold is completely worthless on this server, skill books drop in complete abundance in almost every cave and sell for 10-20k each to the book shop. Got 3mil just from lvling to 26.

-Spell ranges: Half the skills on all classes require the mouse to be over your character when casting otherwise you get an error message.

-User count: Lower average user count than the current highest level player (31).

-Knee-jerk changes: Bosses were killed by the highest wiz/tao combo and then immediately being buffed by the GMs because they were "still too easy". For reference WT took the same amount of time to kill as you would expect to kill DarkDevil.

-Pandering to players: All you have to do to get something changed on this server is cry about it for a little while. We cried about the ridiculous pet they had in the cash shop which was helping people level super fast, took about 10 minutes of moaning about it and got them to wipe the server lol (and the fact there had been a 16 hour rewind because one of them managed to crash it).

In conclusion, I can't recommend this server at all for a combination of all the reasons listed above, it's going to have a very short shelf life. One of the GMs claimed over £3000 had been spent during development. On what exactly, donuts?

/Wallnut

Reactions: Geniusnoob

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
Agree with wallnut on most if not all points, gold being worthless is looking to become an issue they better make skillbooks over 35+ rare or there will be zero book economy, the chance of added stats imo is well balanced on this server and you get the right stat bump on weps so at least we have that going to help economy.

Also early days I feel with lvl 26-30 weps dropping sometimes, those won't be high valued in a month or so and i'm liking the drops of those for potential added stats that could possibly compete with valued weapons (basically give you added incentive to grind).

Fix the doors and map torches, fix the sin skills (i think sin only issue), make 36+ books definetly rare and I think it's pretty much ok then for now...apparently 40 odd items were added in and I don't know if classed as rare but haven't been across any yet and hopefully these items will make gold worth having!

Last edited:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
I am pretty much convinced that MrSmith and or MrsSmith have some connection / interactions with the one or more of the GMs.

Reasons:

Witnessed a GM out of Observer Running away from the Door as I enter ST KR, Pulling mobs away and MrSmith being there, (I can safely MrsSmith too as a aoist had died just before). (MrSmith CLAIMS he never saw the GM but that'd be almost impossible, how do you not notice a huge light radius and another player)

MrsSmith who is nearly never online is the same level as Wallnut, who as an Assassin can level pretty damn fast.

MrSmith claiming he "Finally" got a DragonSword from killing evil tongs, what gets me is how he thinks Finally after what can only be a few hours of hunting them.

There is no concrete/direct evidence but all of it feels REALLY suspicious to me and Where there's smoke there's fire.

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
There is no concrete/direct evidence but all of it feels REALLY suspicious to me and Where there's smoke there's fire.

I've only seen MrSmith once in bichon, not seen Mrs so you've made me curious about this ^^

/LeeChaolan ;p

SilvaRoberto

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014
I've only seen MrSmith once in bichon, not seen Mrs so you've made me curious about this ^^

/LeeChaolan ;p

i would say to everyone keep a close eye on these players getting conveniently faster exp and kit than most, makes me wonder if the guy who has a mc+7 trident (lol) mc 1-9..... is friendly with gms........

oh and they announced a reboot for 12 pm but then went to do it 10mins early, thanks was killing a web ><

i like this server its semi active but rickehs review is absolutely spot on, did he mention the lack of information coming from gms?

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
I am pretty much convinced that MrSmith and or MrsSmith have some connection / interactions with the one or more of the GMs.

Reasons:

Witnessed a GM out of Observer Running away from the Door as I enter ST KR, Pulling mobs away and MrSmith being there, (I can safely MrsSmith too as a aoist had died just before). (MrSmith CLAIMS he never saw the GM but that'd be almost impossible, how do you not notice a huge light radius and another player)

MrsSmith who is nearly never online is the same level as Wallnut, who as an Assassin can level pretty damn fast.

MrSmith claiming he "Finally" got a DragonSword from killing evil tongs, what gets me is how he thinks Finally after what can only be a few hours of hunting them.

Stop playing all these corrupt servers and get the Marble files ready for a proper server with no wipes! :P

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
after the acct or server wipe the server just lost all credibility for me and I went back to 5H

The global query just before that - if we want 50%+ exp as a fix for some server downtime (due to I think constant/unexpected reboots most of which probably happened while I was offline) already made me suspicious that those running the server will prove weak in the face of player demands, that there will be too many changes, while with low rate server you expect it to be 'stable', that is 'settled down' without many changes, grinding, no easy +exp here and there. All in all I got impression of amateurish powers that be, like some kids running the server, maybe coming home drunk and wiping the server... and the fact that nobody running the server even posted here about what's going on only puts lid on it all (no idea about **, if there was some communication there as I don't have ** acct).

Did you guys who returned just make the same acct again and returned to your old char or did you all start again from lev1?

LOL about the stars :boxing:

Last edited:

SinGod

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Sep 29, 2010
Belgium

Reasons:

Surprised? Server was doomed from the start..

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
Ok i found out Mr/MrsSmith were in zuma since lvl 19 hidden away, this is really good place to xp btw maybe a bit too good (only found out myself yesterday, made 26-27 barely any effort) :p