Final Fantasy XV

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
I was told it was quite short gameplay for the storyline (I havent got it myself yet)

Confirm its worth a buy in the future for me? :D

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Am not sure, I imagine that's quite true but am only on chapter 6 cos sadly my gaming time is limited these days. But I pre ordered it and haven't looked back since.. Plus there's plenty of side quests.

I just think gameplay wise they've knocked it out the park this time, it's come such a long way from 13! Everything feels very fluid

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Okay awesome, its sounding like more than i expected (Or was told to begin with) So thats cool. Always loved the FF series so will have to grab it at some point when my work load on Affinity goes down :(

Binary

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Dec 23, 2015
Best one since FFX for me. The story and gameplay can be easily criticised but the overall feel of the game is interesting and I'm digging the bro vibe.

Currently trying to the 8 dungeon seal thing.

O115

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Aug 3, 2016
Just picked this game up for cheap the other day, so glad I didn't pay full wack for it because what a complete pile of **** it is! worst FF ever! The game practically plays itself. So far out of 19 hours game play I've spent 7 hours in a car (sorry train on a track) 2 hours sitting through cringy and predictable cut scenes, 5 hours running like a girl through an empty world with my boy band following me and 5 hours holding down one button to attack. Looks like they spent most of the 10 years on this game doing the graphics for the cooking, It just makes me hungry, and I wish I was eating instead of playing the game.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Just picked this game up for cheap the other day, so glad I didn't pay full wack for it because what a complete pile of **** it is! worst FF ever! The game practically plays itself. So far out of 19 hours game play I've spent 7 hours in a car (sorry train on a track) 2 hours sitting through cringy and predictable cut scenes, 5 hours running like a girl through an empty world with my boy band following me and 5 hours holding down one button to attack. Looks like they spent most of the 10 years on this game doing the graphics for the cooking, It just makes me hungry, and I wish I was eating instead of playing the game.

You can skip majority of the car journeys. If you're choosing to just hold down one button to attack then you're not doing it right, but then much like like you could choose to just "auto attack" on the old turn based system but I doubt you'd QQ about that? This system is far more rewarding, taking in to account positioning, combos, finesse, aerial attacks, magic, appropriate weapons for each mob... Likewise FF has always been about cut scenes...

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
Must admit after the initial wow of how fluid the combat system is i couldn really get into this as much as 10 / 13

Silencer

Comedian
Golden Oldie
Feb 9, 2008
LOMCN HQ with Tai, eating bagels.
I just sold this along with X-2 on ebay, for like £3 each. Instantly regretted it...not that I'd ever play them again on PS2
Every Christmas holiday Uni, I stayed to work the holidays for cash - I would buy a PS2 and FFX to recomplete it in order to not go out and save money.Ended up going out, buying coke and staying up all night playing anyway.

DrDeath86

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 24, 2011
love ff12 n ff15 enjoyed ff15 story and combat the combats come along way since ff12 real time combat ill always play ff12 n ff15 for the xombat cant flaw ff15. but thanks square for making ff12 for ps4 n spent even longer on ff12 than ff15 but on both i have completed main story line now to enjoy the side quests