Possible New Server?

smoochy boys on tour

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA
Hey guys, i'd like some feedback on something...
I've been thinking about attempting to run a server...
so i'd like the community's "wants"..

Low, Med, Highrate?
GSP, 3.55, etc?
Custom item's/Quests?

or if anyone has something they'd think would fit nicely into a server that nobody has seen before let me know :)

Thanks

Vaeborg

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
i think better be x8 x16 x32 rate <---- this is max ! :) about items u can made a few quest and few drop from boss (only boss ) and Holley i think better is at the moment ., if u need any help pm me :)

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA
Was considering maybe making 2 versions of items.. one with slightly higher stats that only drops from bosses.
Opinion?

furybladee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2015
In my opinion many ppl are waiting for a 32- 64 rate.

Normal iteams. No all kits. (Or making kit from 50-60 lv on iteams.) that will be one kit.

Dont make another copy paste of hispared or wemade. Ppl are sick of it like me. Just copy paste and 8x rate.

Make something unic. And yea i think ppl wuld love a higher rate. Good made not just a copy paste. And put maps iteams mobs. That they barly on other serv.

Dunno why ppl are afraid to add things that in other server are not used corectly.

And if you just want to make another x8 with the same **** that has many many other right now just to grab money. Good luck with that.

Ask in forums on ** too they planty of mir3 grups and you will see thay they will love a med-high server. On exp and iteams. Not making a x16 because thats not a ****ing med. thats low-med.

Good luck with the server if you need something just gv me a pm.

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA
This is mainly for brain storming prior to me getting my hands on the hardware :)

Also does anyone know if Windows XP is required to even run a server?
I'm wondering if i can still work on it without having a crap pc with XP..
This computer is a beast but has Win 10..
Any ideas?

Last edited:

Creazzy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2012
I waiting years for server like PVP. Like exp for ppl, some points for killing ppl and trade points for items etc. Good bosses. I mean not just pvp ofc, good grind to beat them all ! :D
Also a great system of items like all time upgrade like own system or just create a lot of items to not get bored :)

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA
Thanks for the feedback :)
I'll consider everyones wants.. and find SOME way to implement them :)

DeadSouls

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 3, 2008
Items dropping from death seems to attract players, like Azura recently, but this can come with problems.

Also these days if you make taoists as intended, many will moan.

Like people have said already the server needs to have something unique or you'll become a low user count typical server that comes and go's.

Good luck with it.

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA
I have a good few ideas id like to implement :) that i've not seen on other servers before.. as of now im just trying to get my SQL sorted [having some trouble] before i can actually start working on anything special.. If anyone would like to help me ;3 let me know..
I'm also trying to figure out which files i should use.. 3.55 or GSP.. I have 0 experience with GSP but id think people would like that the most because of assassins.

I'm also lost on where to download the Game Database for SQL.. i have the Account one but i cant find the Game one.

Last edited:

DjDarkBoyZ

Dev
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2006
127.Ø.Ø.1
in the guide i writed time ago you have both DB.
One with Account separated to balance the server and another DB with Account and Game DB. Search in forum :)
Good luck ;)

Gaypex

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 10, 2015
Hi there,

What I and a few others are keen to see is:

- GSP
- Few bugs (or at least you can fix them when we highlight them)
- x1 or x2 exp and x1 drops (as close to regular mir as possible, but we appreciate it's always difficult to start again)
- no modifications to make the game easier
- no purchase of game changing items (pig reset pots, and pig food, extra storage space and skill necklace are OK though)
- PK drops, or just drop on death to monsters would be fine
- EU server host

the issues i've found with GSP are:
- Tao is designed to group hunt, wizz and warrior should rely on tao during the mid game, pig messes this up and makes tao irrelevant from lvl 40-50+
- Assassin early game drop and ability is OP - too good at pvp, lvling and has more item drops (i suppose this is because sin was released very late in Korea and there had to be an incentive for people to re-level a new character.... so early levels they could still compete in fights and have no issues getting spells / items

There are loads of easy servers out there which I don't think really capture the nostalgia and essence of mir, but if you make a stable GSP server with death drops that isn't p2w, people would really flock to and stay at the server. We had a similar thing with Ice&Fire server (the first GSP). server was great but there were no death drops and GM was very unreliable in being contacted, but the server was very active for well over a year.

As Deadsouls said - Azura server was promising and there were so many players! We were all hoping it would kick off and succeed

Londex

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Sep 1, 2015
If it has a warrior class and a good version of the ant cave that gives decent cash like the official ones I'd be on it.

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA
If it has a warrior class and a good version of the ant cave that gives decent cash like the official ones I'd be on it.

Quite a broad spectrum :P ofc it'd have warriors and cash places :3

Londex

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Sep 1, 2015
Quite a broad spectrum :P ofc it'd have warriors and cash places :3

Not any old cash place, Ants that drop good gold and has sub boss (General Ant or Queen Ant) on the bottom floor that drops like 100k a pop. I lived in that place on official servers :D Take 2 armours so you can stay longer lol.