Marble Server - [Marble Files] - Low / Custom Rate

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Thread in progress

Estimated Launch Date: Friday the 13th 5PM UTC
I have a relatively large list of Issues to fix, but I am aiming for Launch in Two Weeks, This is a VERY early ETA and could change depending on how much my list grows.
Naturally the more people that help test the faster things can progress.
The server has been up for testing for quite some time, I am finally ready to push for a launch.

Download: Download Section
Server Status: Online and Open Beta.

Features

Crafting
  • You can craft anywhere.
  • To craft using items from your storage you must be standing inside a SafeZone.
  • Crafted Items CAN be added just like regular drops.
    5LHhSfi.jpg

48Gm8VK.jpg

aZAbMR0.jpg

Weight
All Weight mechanics have been removed from the game, it is now only Bag slots that will limit what you can carry.

Stats
Will Add Online Time before launch too
CVkCKeO.png

Mail
  • You can Send Mail from anywhere with the K Hotkey Button (Hotkey is Subject to change), or the Mail Button on the Mini map panel.
  • You can Send gold with mail from anywhere.
  • You can send items from your bag but only whilst in Safe Zone,
  • You can send items from your storage at anytime.
  • To collect Items that have been sent to you, you must be in Safe Zone, (just click the item)
  • You can collect gold from anywhere, (just click the gold icon).
    CSQvUoY.png

Mentor

• You are only able to become someones mentor if you are level 40+ and they are under level 40, (Only 1 Mentor and Mentee per character at a time)
  • The Mentor (The Level 40+) will receive 10% increased drop rate whilst hunting with their Mentee (The Under level 40)
  • The Mentor will not gain any of the Base exp from the monster. (Bonus Exp from, Group, Marriage, Exp Drugs etc) will continue to provide the normal amount of Exp Points for the kill
  • The Mentee will Gain ALL of the base Exp from the monster.
  • See Mechanics Section for a brief example

Buy Back
  • I've tried my best to replicate the original Buy Back Mechanic.
  • Almost every item sold to a shop will appear in their shop menu (Meat/Chicken/Ore for example will not appear)
  • When you select an Item from the shop Menu, if there are any items that have been sold to the shop a secondary window will appear with all of the second hand items (sold to this NPC).
  • If the NPC stocks the item you are able to click the Buy button in the first panel for a fresh item.
  • Clicking the Buy Button in the second panel will buy the Selected second hand item.
  • ALL Stats are hidden, however Added items will appear Blue, Durability is also Displayed.
  • IF the NPC stocks the Item AND the item is not added it will not appear in the buy back menu
    3IxjNZP.png

Marriage
Standard Marriage system, 5% Exp whilst hunting within range of your partner, Unlikely to implement WeddingRing/WeddingRecall as it devalues the Recall Charm (Recall Set)

Quality of Life

General
  • TrapHexagon removed, Trap Octagon Now added instead! (Exactly the same, just more accurately named.)
  • Amulets are used Directly from bag and cannot be Equip.
  • Holding the [ALT] and then [Right Clicking] an Item will Automatically move it to which ever dialog is open (EG Storage, Repair, Sale, Mail,Consignment)
  • The Hold button on the Sale,Repair, Consignment now saves when talking to another NPC.
  • Boss Monsters have their lovely red Glow (When on a dark map; if it is daylight the sun is too bright to be visible)
  • Scroll Bars, Lots of them, Trust Merchant, Rankings, Mail, Shops.. Just scroll with your mouse instead of going through pages.
  • Name Suggestions, Mail, Group Invites, Guild Invites have automatic name suggestions (pulled from the rankings), Start Typing the name and it will auto complete as you type.
  • Targeting has been significantly improved,

Item Hints
  • New Items are Highlighted with Blue "N" Top left of the Item, Hovering over any item will remove the "N" Display Icon.
  • Lock/Unlock an Item with Middle Mouse button, This will prevent you from accidentally Selling or Using them Item. (You can still drop it if you die)
  • Unusable Items, Items that cannot be used at the moment have a Disabled Icon Top right of the item.
    HEFS2p9.png

Trust Merchant
  • You can view Trust Merchant from anywhere with the E Hotkey Button (Hotkey is Subject to change)
  • You can enlist Items from anywhere from your storage, (No need to be in safe zone)
  • You can buy Items from anywhere, if you are in Safe Zone and can carry the item (Bag not full) You will receive it in your bag otherwise it will be sent to you by Mail.
  • You can list items from your bag only whilst in Safe Zone.
  • You can Buy partial Items stacks from the Trust Merchant, (If you only wanted 3 out of 300, you can buy just 3).
  • You can Cancel all or partial amount of a sale (if the item is a stackable)
  • If you Cancel a Sale and you are out of Safe Zone (Or cannot carry the item) it will be sent to you by Mail
  • When you Sell an Item you will receive the money and a break down of the sale in the Mail.
    kZ21JMj.png
    Please ignore the header of the Receive Mail Panel it's on the ToDo list.

Storage
  • You can open your storage anywhere with the U Hotkey Button, (Hotkey is subject to change)
  • You can only Add/Remove items from storage to bag when inside a SafeZone.
  • Storage is Account wide rather than Character wide.

Rankings
  • You can View the Rankings by pressing the R Hotkey Button (Hotkey is Subject to change),
  • Rankings are LIVE updating.
  • Rankings also Double up as Who is Online. (If you don't trust the UserCount just count the Green Names)
  • At the moment there is no limit to the number of characters on the rankings, so you can see your position on the whole server (by class and overall).
  • You can [Control] + [Right Click] Anyone on the rankings to view their current equipment.
  • You can hover over the Level - Percent Label to view their Current Experience.

HotKeys
FvVmgrg.jpg

Mechanics
General
  • Euro/Official Calculations for Gems/ Upgrading (Where applicable).
  • Euro/Official Calculations for many spells, (For Example: FlameField's Interaction with Min MC)

Mentor
Example:
Mentor is hunting with the Mentee and they kill a monster worth 1000 Exp.
The Exp is split equally among them (500 Exp each); this is the Base EXP.
After all other Exp calculations (Bonus Exp %), the Mentor's exp gain will be reduced by 500 (his share of the base EXP) and the Mentee's will be increased by 500.
This Means that the Mentor will still gain the FULL effectiveness of any Bonus Exp %.

Monster Levels
  • ANY Monster can spawn between level 0 (Normal ) and 7 (Boss), Levels 1 ~ 6 are slightly stronger than the previous level.
  • Leveled Monsters Have Increased Exp, Gold and Drop Rate, whilst the higher levels can also contain better items (For example some items require level 4+ of a certain Monster to drop)
  • If a Monster that spawns other monster is leveled, all of their spawned monsters are also At least that level, (Level 3 ZumaTaurus will spawn Level 3 + Zumas) (Good luck with a level 7)
  • Level 7 Monsters get a Global announcement, Indicating the Monster Type and Map Name.
  • Level 7 Monsters, have the Red Glow, greatly increased Damage / Tankiness, Also only certain items can come from Level 7 mobs (For Example, Orbs can ONLY come from level 7 Mobs).
    IN3LD7x.jpg

Sneak Peak of my Server Application
F5xXliw.png

Last edited:
Reactions: sweetfa

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Been waiting for a kill / death counter on mir for years such a sick feature, love all the hot keys to trust merchant and mail etc, very nice can't wait for this.

Xiler

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2003
Great work. Cant wait to play.

One thing I always loved doing on official servers was refining, but private servers never seem to get it right.

Rather than spending days/weeks finding a recipe it seems just to be a % chance of working like a gem rather than what you have put into it which makes it rather useless. Whilst on official servers spending loads of cash finding something that works 80-90% of the time is the reward.

Any idea what the plans are for refining?

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Looks good, just dont make the same mistake we made and rush into a release!

Yea I certainly am avoiding a rushed release, thats why It's only an ETA (Very Ambitious).

---------- Post Merged at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Great work. Cant wait to play.

One thing I always loved doing on official servers was refining, but private servers never seem to get it right.

Rather than spending days/weeks finding a recipe it seems just to be a % chance of working like a gem rather than what you have put into it which makes it rather useless. Whilst on official servers spending loads of cash finding something that works 80-90% of the time is the reward.

Any idea what the plans are for refining?

I like the idea of using official refine codes, but I am unsure if people would like them if they knew the actual code, so I might make my own (a good refine system).

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I have a very mixed feeling about this server. It says low rate custom but features like TM and other NPCs being accessible from 'anywhere' seem to do away with needing to be near npc in given location which is in my books smells of high rate server, like 5H server for example (where you don't need to run anywhere). Most depressing is the fact of the files not being released and likely not ever being released - which limits us to just to server(s) from one 'kitchen', which basically means in the long run they will all be really the same even if there will be several of them (different exp rates), because the 'hand of the maker' can't deny itself, for better way of putting it. With crystal files if you don't like some server, there is a chance you will like the spin someone else will put on it, but that won't be the case here unless the files are released which I doubt very much it will ever happen.

Some point from scanning server (or files?) description

Mentor, marriage systems are just tools to power level noobs or to get bonus advantage. Minus in my books.

Ability to inspect percents of a level in rankings takes away motivation to surprise, it is a minus in my books. And what is likely missing here as well as from crystal files (where I would like to see it implemented) is showing guild members level in guild panel, which would spur leveling competition within guild even for those who can't compete on server level (looking up guild members levels in server ranking chart is not convenient, the level needs to be shown next to guild members names in the guild panel.

Mob levels and corresponding exp & items they can drop is a great feature (I suppose this will mean a mix of mobs on each floor of a cave? What will trigger their leveling or will they simply spawn with different levels?), too bad that crystal files don't seem to have it are not able to have it... as you see I can't bring myself to care about marble files - its going by my experience with Chronicles server and its files which I played for like their first six months and then stopped, not sure anymore why I stopped or why I didn't stay when I returned once or twice... and I can't shake the feeling these marble files might be just a repeat of that for me.

Last edited:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
I have a very mixed feeling about this server. It says low rate custom but features like TM and other such like 'anywhere' seem do away with needing to be near npc which is in my books high rate server

How so, All this effectively is doing is Saving you the trouble of logging on a noob who is next to the Trustmerchant to do the exact same thing? You CANNOT get anything onto your character without being in safezone (From TM/Mail).

Xiler

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2003
I like the idea of using official refine codes, but I am unsure if people would like them if they knew the actual code, so I might make my own (a good refine system).

Good to hear. Its something that always bugged me about low rate servers and why the economy usually tanks is in part due to people out leveling items and the lack of refining leading them to be worthless.

It makes BIO and lower/mid tier rares continually worth something and produces some good stat items for the market as well.

Not sure how the official code worked but i know me and a few others invested a lot into it and got a lot back out of it. Would be interesting to see another take on it though, its great for server economy if more people use it.

Havok

likes to charge back
Apr 12, 2015
tested this for abit was amazing game-play feels so smooth tbh best server i played in a while no lag on dash nothing 100% recommend new skill animations are awesome as-well

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
The one thing i don't like about these files there more or less the same as #C files in terms of how the files run, i really dont like the PvP side of things how everyone is the same speed and range dominate.

depending on user count once live i'll try.

good luck on the server.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
The one thing i don't like about these files there more or less the same as #C files in terms of how the files run, i really dont like the PvP side of things how everyone is the same speed and range dominate.

depending on user count once live i'll try.

good luck on the server.

I mean unless you are saying that you only like files where people lag, then I am not sure i understand your point.

have you tried the pvp on here yet?

rickeh

LOMCN Member
Dec 16, 2003
uk
Most depressing is the fact of the files not being released and likely not ever being released - which limits us to just to server(s) from one 'kitchen', which basically means in the long run they will all be really the same even if there will be several of them (different exp rates), because the 'hand of the maker' can't deny itself, for better way of putting it. With crystal files if you don't like some server, there is a chance you will like the spin someone else will put on it, but that won't be the case here unless the files are released which I doubt very much it will ever happen.

What a load of absolute rubbish. Jamie built these files from scratch. Why should he release them? He already released one set of files he made and people created tons of bugs with them by trying to put their own spin on it.

Your statement is like saying Apple should release their designs for iPhones and let everyone else sell them. Moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.