Marble Server - [Marble Files] - Low / Custom Rate

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
How so, All this effectively is doing is Saving you the trouble of logging on a noob who is next to the Trustmerchant to do the exact same thing? You CANNOT get anything onto your character without being in safezone (From TM/Mail).
Lesson 1 of being a server owner - you cant please everyone and everyone is always right!

As for the guy moaning about not releasing is stupid, Jamie released c# and thats spawned so many servers and given so much potential, without the c# the mir community would be dead imo.
I hope it does well, we have a few decent c# high rates but no decent low rates
ps. really like the kil counters

Reactions: Jamie

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Lesson 1 of being a server owner - you cant please everyone and everyone is always right!
A lesson i need to learn fast.

As for the guy moaning about not releasing is stupid, Jamie released c# and thats spawned so many servers and given so much potential, without the c# the mir community would be dead imo.
I hope it does well, we have a few decent c# high rates but no decent low rates
ps. really like the kil counters

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Most depressing is the fact of the files not being released and likely not ever being released - which limits us to just to server(s) from one 'kitchen', which basically means in the long run they will all be really the same even if there will be several of them (different exp rates), because the 'hand of the maker' can't deny itself, for better way of putting it. With crystal files if you don't like some server, there is a chance you will like the spin someone else will put on it, but that won't be the case here unless the files are released which I doubt very much it will ever happen.

That's his choice, it may not make people happy but it gives a more unique server for people to play.

It's the server creators choice to make their servers unique and not the same old worn out content and it's also down to them how quickly the game progresses, so I doubt every server will be the same it just takes people to actually put effort into creating servers rather than taking them off the shelf adding in x items, mobs and maps and throwing it up, that's happened a lot recently, seems people are just intent on throwing servers up for a quick buck and vanishing afterwards, shows lack of dedication and respect to the community.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
True you can log onto a noob left at TM and work around many other mir server restrictions like that, I have to say I myself had another acct opened out in second mir window on one server in past, I suppose its better for the feature to be available as you can always restrict it... but here I am always thinking of others running the files like we got so used to with crystal ones... Take the criticism from me like from someone who is not an expert around here and who can't upset you. I only read about marble files way back when you first came up with it and didn't bother with following its development bits and pieces here on forums and only now with server near opening I came back to look at it again.

I just wonder how it will pan out, I mean you hope to be another 'chronicles'? Or maybe you will, in time, run second, third server based on these files with some different 'rates and makeup' and close some older servers that you will not want to bother maintaining? I guess its all open now, what the future will bring. I think you will have sizable player count on opening in any case, I'll be on for sure.

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Yea I certainly am avoiding a rushed release, thats why It's only an ETA (Very Ambitious).

---------- Post Merged at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:48 PM ----------

I like the idea of using official refine codes, but I am unsure if people would like them if they knew the actual code, so I might make my own (a good refine system).

Any chance of a Mir3 style weapon leveling system? Always found that to be an awesome feature.

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
The one thing i don't like about these files there more or less the same as #C files in terms of how the files run, i really dont like the PvP side of things how everyone is the same speed and range dominate.

depending on user count once live i'll try.

good luck on the server.

I understand what you mean with ranged it's been a concern I have had, they don't miss once targeted correctly, this is where MR will assist in pvp, much like agility vs mele, this shouldn't be an issue on here

Balancing will be required but it shouldn't be to hard to achieve

---------- Post Merged at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Any chance of a Mir3 style weapon leveling system? Always found that to be an awesome feature.

an interesting refine system would be good, euro was always the best 2 items and 4 bits of ore. I think this is a poor system and leads to no real recipe creations.

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
I don't know exactly how the Mir 3 system worked in terms of recipe and success rate, but it certainly made the game more engaging for me. Having my weapon level up and be ready for refine was just as rewarding to me as leveling my character.

If it was doable to make finding a recipe and perfecting it with this system I feel that it would add tremendously to the game, but this is after all my opinion.

I think on Mir 3 I saw quite a few legendary weapons like GreatAxe's refined and smelted to something crazy like 1-51 DC, with smelting stones requiring a recipe to create too.

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Broken
** The button for 'mail friend' does not work.

** When I tried to sell candle to shop it told me it's worth 5 gold and I only got 4.

Cosmetic / Quality Of Life
** If your running and then put your cursor on a dialogue it stops you from walking / running. I don't know if intentionally like that but it's kind of annoying if your trying to buy something in a cave and then start getting pk. Or even if running in a cave and looking in your bag / store.

** Why isn't your nifty feature of 'autocomplete typing' added to trust merchant and other systems.

** On friends list the highlight and green text combo makes it a little difficult to read the text

** Ctrl + Right clicking the ranking list to view their items doesn't feel natural, i first tried using left click. (CTRL+ left click because I knew it was CTRL). I'm not sure why it's not just standard left click - there isn't any other default left click on each row in rankings.

** It would be nice to have a highlight when you over individual rows in the ranking list to identify which your hovered on. If you inbetween then you don't have any clarification of which one its actually on (not that it's a big thing).

** I think there needs to be a gap between the 'Block/Add Friend' and the rest; the rest of the buttons are 'action' buttons for when you've selected a value.

** When you click the gold in your bag (and you have 0) it makes the sound. I don't think it should make this sound when clicking it in your bag only when you drop it (which it does).

** Remove the bag weight interface bit.

** Big map button doesn't have shortcut hint.

** Auto complete text is a bit weird on mail; i'd think that pushing enter would complete the text (get rid of the blue highlight) but it seems to just make an error sound (i assume because the send mail button is greyed out).

** When you die and try to remove an item it makes the top left square of bag flash (highlighted green).

** A way to show revive box when you accidentally ESC it (or make it unESCable).

** Can send gold box be automatically filled in with 0.

** Initial 'group' page is incorrectly loading after relogging. It will load the 'ADD MEM' 'DEL MEM' buttons; if you join and leave a group they will vanish and become 'CREATE'

** The auto complete for DEL MEM could be a bit smarter and only bring up values of people who are in the group / guild.

** When you add someone to block list it tells them (maybe remove this), it also says when you try to pm them 'Could not find xxx'. So i don't know if indented effect is to make them seem invisible -> if it is then make it so they are automatically removed off their friend list or just always appear offline when on their friend list (currently stays green as online).

** No sound for when you melee without a weapon.

** People look bald when you put cursor over them.

Typos
** 'You cannot aford to list an item' < missing a full stop, and afford is spelt incorrectly.

Can't test => guild, mail, trust merchant, marriage, mentor. Lack of resources.

Last edited:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Crafting Information added.

---------- Post Merged at 05:37 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:31 AM ----------

Broken
** The button for 'mail friend' does not work. Done (Next reboot for effect)

** When I tried to sell candle to shop it told me it's worth 5 gold and I only got 4.Done (Next reboot for effect)

Cosmetic / Quality Of Life
** If your running and then put your cursor on a dialogue it stops you from walking / running. I don't know if intentionally like that but it's kind of annoying if your trying to buy something in a cave and then start getting pk. Or even if running in a cave and looking in your bag / store.

** Why isn't your nifty feature of 'autocomplete typing' added to trust merchant and other systems.

** On friends list the highlight and green text combo makes it a little difficult to read the textDone (Next reboot for effect)

** Ctrl + Right clicking the ranking list to view their items doesn't feel natural, i first tried using left click. (CTRL+ left click because I knew it was CTRL). I'm not sure why it's not just standard left click - there isn't any other default left click on each row in rankings. Done (Next reboot for effect)

** It would be nice to have a highlight when you over individual rows in the ranking list to identify which your hovered on. If you inbetween then you don't have any clarification of which one its actually on (not that it's a big thing).Done (Next reboot for effect)

** I think there needs to be a gap between the 'Block/Add Friend' and the rest; the rest of the buttons are 'action' buttons for when you've selected a value. Done (Next reboot for effect)

** When you click the gold in your bag (and you have 0) it makes the sound. I don't think it should make this sound when clicking it in your bag only when you drop it (which it does).

** Remove the bag weight interface bit.

** Big map button doesn't have shortcut hint. Done (Next reboot for effect)

** Auto complete text is a bit weird on mail; i'd think that pushing enter would complete the text (get rid of the blue highlight) but it seems to just make an error sound (i assume because the send mail button is greyed out).

** When you die and try to remove an item it makes the top left square of bag flash (highlighted green).

** A way to show revive box when you accidentally ESC it (or make it unESCable).

** Can send gold box be automatically filled in with 0. Not sure what you mean here, Mail ? You don't need to have a 0 in the box

** Initial 'group' page is incorrectly loading after relogging. It will load the 'ADD MEM' 'DEL MEM' buttons; if you join and leave a group they will vanish and become 'CREATE'

** The auto complete for DEL MEM could be a bit smarter and only bring up values of people who are in the group / guild. Done (Next reboot for effect)

** When you add someone to block list it tells them (maybe remove this), it also says when you try to pm them 'Could not find xxx'. So i don't know if indented effect is to make them seem invisible -> if it is then make it so they are automatically removed off their friend list or just always appear offline when on their friend list (currently stays green as online).

** No sound for when you melee without a weapon.

** People look bald when you put cursor over them.

Typos
** 'You cannot aford to list an item' < missing a full stop, and afford is spelt incorrectly.Done (Next reboot for effect)

Can't test => guild, mail, trust merchant, marriage, mentor. Lack of resources.

O115

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Aug 3, 2016
True you can log onto a noob left at TM and work around many other mir server restrictions like that, I have to say I myself had another acct opened out in second mir window on one server in past, I suppose its better for the feature to be available as you can always restrict it... but here I am always thinking of others running the files like we got so used to with crystal ones... Take the criticism from me like from someone who is not an expert around here and who can't upset you. I only read about marble files way back when you first came up with it and didn't bother with following its development bits and pieces here on forums and only now with server near opening I came back to look at it again.

I just wonder how it will pan out, I mean you hope to be another 'chronicles'? Or maybe you will, in time, run second, third server based on these files with some different 'rates and makeup' and close some older servers that you will not want to bother maintaining? I guess its all open now, what the future will bring. I think you will have sizable player count on opening in any case, I'll be on for sure.
#

Is there an award for the most annoying/irritating useless twat on LOMCN? if so I nominate this ****ing guy...

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Good luck with the server. I haven't tried your test server but i bet the files will feel even better than the C files do though im not sure how you adressed issues like the melee vs ranged fight which was broken on C files.

Feature wise everything sounds nice though other than the mob level thing i dont see something that will affect gameplay a lot so mostly QoL improvements imo.

I believe you should waste an hour or so and add on your post some things about the actual gameplay.
Is it a euro clone? What classes exist? Are there custom items/maps/mobs? Whats the exp rate?
This information is pretty much necessary and i cant find it somewhere at least in this post.

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
#

Is there an award for the most annoying/irritating useless twat on LOMCN? if so I nominate this ****ing guy...

Why does everything turn "ad hominem" on this forum. (Don't know what it means, look it up and learn something)
He's entitled to his opinion just like you are.

As for the server, I've been messing about on it for months now and have to say it runs very smoothly. Better than any other, including the original C# files.
The current incarnation of the TM works well. A few glitches to be ironed out unless Jamie's already done them but the logic is sound.

Random server created added mob is a nice feature. Finding a dark blue level 5 Ronin Ghoul lurking in the bushes can be quite painful for a lowbie wiz ! The increased exp and drop is good too !

sweetfa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 30, 2003
UK
So far i like what i have seen here and it runs so smoothly... never played a server that runs quiet like this one its weird (in a good way)

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
I like how your going to make MR etc useful but isn't going to take some intense balancing ? Maybe capped or warrior could run around not being hit by most of wizards spells, defo a good way to counter the melee vs ranged problem if its balanced though as ranged sort of need to hit every hit as if warrior get close and your swing goes off 95% of time you get the hit even if they have stepped out of your hit range on a warrior you get the hit unlike 2.3 you would miss it.

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
There is plenty of ways to sort the mele vs ranged, I wouldn't worry about it, but please test it on here to compare c# to these to see how it feels

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Feels much smoother than Crystal servers, not needing weight for anything is a big QoL change, feels so much better not worrying about what I pick up from my hunts as only bag space is what matters :)

I really enjoy the leveled monster feature, it's nice finding the odd level 5-6 monster and it dropping a very nice sum of gold. I also got an accuracy gem from an Oma, that was a pleasant surprise and hope it ends up similar to that on release, it gives the casuals something to look forward to.

Really looking forward to this one, great work with what you have done Jamie.

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
Great stuff jamie game is super smooth and love all the added features and in PT the ice/electric have the status effects and the guards kite and have the right sound files it's just all done right!

The heal change on taoist is fricking amazing btw what a great idea to keep a bread and butter skill relevant throughout all levels, mass hiding/hiding works exactly like it should and the pot system is great.

Balancing is going to be interesting in regards to kit, i've noticed you removed the 3 natural agility from taoist and compensated by way of spirit necklace and a few other things, i'm quite excited to see what alternate setup i can get.

What is going on with black iron helmets and other warrior protective gear on wiz ^^ and warriors have buffed accuracy, is this the case for sins too?

ps add "HOLY JUDGEMENT!" mace pls (holy/sc add)! xD
also any chance for flashing buffs when they've almost expired or even better a countdown just below the buff?

Last edited:

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Any reason when i run this on my old laptop, i get 60 FPS yet on #C i struggle to get 55 even if im not doing anything just stood in a town with nobody on my screen. Have you made changes to this ?

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Any reason when i run this on my old laptop, i get 60 FPS yet on #C i struggle to get 55 even if im not doing anything just stood in a town with nobody on my screen. Have you made changes to this ?

What do you mean?

Have I made Changes to what?

Are you saying that you are lagging on my Files?

---------- Post Merged at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:44 AM ----------

also any chance for flashing buffs when they've almost expired or even better a countdown just below the buff?

I'll see what I can do after implementing this new feature ;)

rickeh

LOMCN Member
Dec 16, 2003
uk

Because this server is run & developed by the guy who built the c# files from scratch. He knows how to actually fix bugs and optimize game performance unlike 99% of other server owners who are just using Jamie's files.

Status
Not open for further replies.