Marble Server - [Marble Files] - Low / Custom Rate

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Too tired to explain the feature, take a guess... Will respond when i wake up.

btsejMI.png

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Too tired to explain the feature, take a guess... Will respond when i wake up.

btsejMI.png

I would guess it's a hunting log :suspicion: the more you grind on a monster the more damage you do & less damage you receive from that monster.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Thats a really good idea Jamie, defiantly copying that! :P

I assume there must be a cap on the level up vs mobs.. as in max amount of extra damage/defense you can gain is 10 or something?

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Impressive since you started this at 11:30 last night.

few tweaks needs but works great

on my sin I dealt 15k damage to WT, I received 13k damage. Mostly using sun pots haha.

Boomshroom

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 8, 2011
Is there going to be a wipe after beta has finished? Or will created chars be carried over? Loving sound of server but would prefer to wait if wipe?

kickey

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
How are leveling / gold making botts going to be handled on this server?

With the amount of times you yourself (jamie) have used them on other servers you should have no problem spotting the culprits..

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
How are leveling / gold making botts going to be handled on this server?

With the amount of times you yourself (jamie) have used them on other servers you should have no problem spotting the culprits..

I only used them once, for science purposes (I made it myself for knowledge, never released) and quit that server shortly after.

Yes You are correct I have a few solutions to handling bots, however I am not prepared to disclose them publicly (kinda counter intuitive).

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Bonafide beta is the idea to test for bugs, I'm sure you are more then aware of this. More testing equal more results and stress testing as well, also you get some info on the characters and how they react

pwnage

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 17, 2006
Cannot wait for this! Loving all the new ideas and features.

Great work.

Xiler

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2003
Any idea what you will be doing with skill leveling?

Lets face it leveling skills does nothing other than stop game play for the player, it brings absolutely nothing to the game other than being afk with a button held down or macro running....maybe auto leveling at set levels or a quest system to upgrade skills would be something worth thinking about.

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016

Lets face it leveling skills does nothing other than stop game play for the player, it brings absolutely nothing to the game other than being afk with a button held down or macro running....maybe auto leveling at set levels or a quest system to upgrade skills would be something worth thinking about.

Skill Books - Vol 1/2/3?

Would sex up the book economy :p

edit - oh just an idea:
Skill Books have chances of added stats, example Vol 1 learn+1 (10% of points required), with volumes and adds wouldn't make book drops dull anymore? just to clarify if you've alreadly learned the skill u can keep consuming books to keep learning that skill.

Last edited:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Online Users: 28

TheRegulars Guild Hunt to BDD.

[video=youtube;YTFh9uGTjEY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTFh9uGTjEY[/video]

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003

Skill leveling is different on here, you don't gain 1/2/3 points per cast, you gain a random amount up to 30? Jamie needs to verify, skills level up plenty fast enough just by regular hunting.

Omniscient

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 30, 2009
Online Users: 28

TheRegulars Guild Hunt to BDD.

[video=youtube;YTFh9uGTjEY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTFh9uGTjEY[/video]

Dissapointed we lost one member there, but I guess that's what I get for stopping to UE everyone lol, but good fun otherwise, dread to think what a level 7 would do :D

rickeh

LOMCN Member
Dec 16, 2003
uk
Skill leveling is different on here, you don't gain 1/2/3 points per cast, you gain a random amount up to 30? Jamie needs to verify, skills level up plenty fast enough just by regular hunting.

That's just for testing. It will be different on launch.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
That's just for testing. It will be different on launch.

But it's a superb change :(, as long as it doesn't go back to the old style, that's just bad and only benefits the people who want to leave there computer on for multiple hours leveling the skills :/

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Just doing some research into the CashShop.

I have some concerns over the way Paypal opperates but I guess there's no alternative.

I am pretty certain I am able to automate the Buying and processing of GameGold (No delay or GM input required.)

Not sure how big of a deal this would is to some people, but I know I've never brought it without the GM being actively available.

Hopefully it won't take too long to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.