Legend Of Mir: Redemption - Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Re: Legend Of Mir2: Redemption [Crystal]

How dumb it gets? I have downloaded this yesterday, the 5GB rar which expands to 6.6GB and when I run the Redemtion.exe it opens up autopacher and starts downloading those 6.6GB all over again.... that same %^&* I posted about some weeks back when I was transferring crystal mir client to another pc and same $%^& happened. I packed it in last night, I suppose I can let the patcher run but meh

noisound

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 23, 2004

How dumb it gets? I have downloaded this yesterday, the 5GB rar which expands to 6.6GB and when I run the Redemtion.exe it opens up autopacher and starts downloading those 6.6GB all over again.... that same %^&* I posted about some weeks back when I was transferring crystal mir client to another pc and same $%^& happened. I packed it in last night, I suppose I can let the patcher run but meh

You're the first person to bring up this issue, no one has mentioned this, must be something on your end maybe?

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013

I suppose it must be, also was wondering how others took it without saying. Perhaps they are 'sheep' or simply didn't know better and downloaded 13.2GB? Usually other servers (for exactly this reason) put up just the patcher exe for the initial download which is just a small file, several MB in size, and when you run it, it downloads the whole shebang, the way it wants to do that for me here.

It has to do with the files from rar having different 'date of creation' than what is on the patch server, at least that's what Far told me at the time. I wanted to move mir client to another PC at home and I rared it and put on usb key and unpacked it on the other computer and it then wanted to download all files anyway. I think I was advised to just ran mir.exe, not the patcher.exe but it seems crystal clients lately have just single exe in the client directory, wan't it in past that one was the actual mirclient.exe and the other mirpatcher.exe?

I extracted the rar again (last time I renamed the client folder, this time I left it as is) but again it is the same as you can see from the screen.

Attachments

• RedemptionA.jpg
    RedemptionA.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

tridan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 2, 2012

logged into game fine and playing for few hours. Quit game but cant seem to get the launch button active (being able to press it) on relaunch?

Back in now think it was something i did?

Last edited:

SadClown

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 30, 2016

Is this live or still in testing

tridan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 2, 2012

Is this live or still in testing

The server is live.

No crashes or lag

Lots of well thought out quests.

In my opinion a very good server. Its just started so low server count and not many high levels.

Come on in, pm me in game if you need help Raistlin

noisound

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 23, 2004

The server is live.

No crashes or lag

Lots of well thought out quests.

In my opinion a very good server. Its just started so low server count and not many high levels.

Come on in, pm me in game if you need help Raistlin

Thank you for the positive comments :)

@SadClown

Server is live

StuTheBru

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Dec 2, 2015
Server runs well,no lag at all,
very much like oldest mir,
maps and caves open,(some servers send us places so lvl is needed,and some we cannot walk through gates to other provences)
ive seen mir since its 2001 start,this is as close as it gets to at 2003 onward server (was no map on screan or pirana island earlyer)
my only fear is it will close if doesant get more people ? (wouldant most of us of got at least 10 to say they would play before starting a server ?)
i have allways thought the key to having a server last,is to promise to keep it going even if only a handful play.
before now i have got 10 people to join a server (usa mir) but the bigest problem is people say "they dont want to put that kind of work in,and then it closes" there still pissed off with losing years worth when others closed,,this is the key
,, stuthebru,(stu,freedom,minstrel,)

noisound

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 23, 2004
Server runs well,no lag at all,
very much like oldest mir,
maps and caves open,(some servers send us places so lvl is needed,and some we cannot walk through gates to other provences)
ive seen mir since its 2001 start,this is as close as it gets to at 2003 onward server (was no map on screan or pirana island earlyer)
my only fear is it will close if doesant get more people ? (wouldant most of us of got at least 10 to say they would play before starting a server ?)
i have allways thought the key to having a server last,is to promise to keep it going even if only a handful play.
before now i have got 10 people to join a server (usa mir) but the bigest problem is people say "they dont want to put that kind of work in,and then it closes" there still pissed off with losing years worth when others closed,,this is the key
,, stuthebru,(stu,freedom,minstrel,)

We will hold out as long as we can :) hoping the server count will pick up soon, we appreciate all positive comments. Server count has picked up quite a lot this week compared to the opening week, hoping people will come give us a go :)

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Decided to give this a go even though I am not a fan of low rates.

So far I am really enjoying it, the quests alone are keeping me going, they complete quickly and actually give proper exp, most servers I have played the quests have experience equal to killing around 5 monsters inside the cave, you get experience of around 30 monsters from quests, really nice handing them all in and getting a huge amount of experience :D

StuTheBru

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Dec 2, 2015
im very close to leaving now,,had no daly all weekend and i was at last close to my 1st gem (totaly need more,i got half a dozon items to gem)
this lvlin weekend ive only done half a lvl and i had a 250k xp from toxic sac"s quest,so basicly iove done about 30% yet beforee you took zt lvl off me i could of done a lvl in a day,,DONT TELL ME I SHOULD BE ON PI, pi mob 1k xp zt rats should be 1,8k xp so any wiz my lvl should be ale to go ther and kill over the walls ITS WHAT WIZIS DO. IM BEING TOTALY OUT LVLED NOW SO **** IT BYE BYE

---------- Post Merged at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:46 AM ----------

dont worry,you want it your way carry on,ill just leave,,but dont say i wanted any more than the way oldmir was,by lvl33 (15m xp) id exspect to kill a king scoprion as a wiz (lvl45 as a war) so surly killing in zt should be np over the walls,,
in case you dont know i rember lvl33 was 15m xp,,lvl40 50m xp,,lvl45 246m xp,,47 was 650m,,and 47-48 was same xp as 0-45

noisound

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 23, 2004
im very close to leaving now,,had no daly all weekend and i was at last close to my 1st gem (totaly need more,i got half a dozon items to gem)
this lvlin weekend ive only done half a lvl and i had a 250k xp from toxic sac"s quest,so basicly iove done about 30% yet beforee you took zt lvl off me i could of done a lvl in a day,,DONT TELL ME I SHOULD BE ON PI, pi mob 1k xp zt rats should be 1,8k xp so any wiz my lvl should be ale to go ther and kill over the walls ITS WHAT WIZIS DO. IM BEING TOTALY OUT LVLED NOW SO **** IT BYE BYE

---------- Post Merged at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:46 AM ----------

dont worry,you want it your way carry on,ill just leave,,but dont say i wanted any more than the way oldmir was,by lvl33 (15m xp) id exspect to kill a king scoprion as a wiz (lvl45 as a war) so surly killing in zt should be np over the walls,,
in case you dont know i rember lvl33 was 15m xp,,lvl40 50m xp,,lvl45 246m xp,,47 was 650m,,and 47-48 was same xp as 0-45

I have spoken to you in game and added more chance of finding craft able items to make gems from hunting in certain areas. Yes im sorry we changed ZT but its such a good cave with a great end boss we decided to make it a higher hunting zone. I know you don't want to be "forced" into hunting in certain areas but the quests rewards from those areas at your level are very very worth doing. ZT wasn't edited before we made the server live which was our fault and we apologize that its now not what you want it to be but this is how we have wanted it to work from when we opened the server. There are many other places you can hunt, i would be very disappointed to see you leave but unfortunately ZT is staying how it is so that in the long run its a much more useful and used cave.

i have even looked into the view range of mobs and lowered them to make Wiz life easier, i have done my best to keep you happy with the request you kept making but i can't keep doing everything just for you. I hope you continue playing :)

i will also talk to Blue tonight about changing the amount of daily shards needed to craft a gem :)

ZT is much harder yes but we also made sure the EXP was well worth the kills

Last edited:

StuTheBru

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Dec 2, 2015
everything just for me **** OFF like the mount ? everyone gets one and riding around,i get no saddle,so i dont bother anyone i buy one and 250k is alot when we are just stating,,it doesant work,so i "bother you" you end up buying me a saddle and say "dont exspect more favors like this" when EVERYONE ONE ELSE HAS ONE FREEE I PAID 250K DONT I DESERVE ONE WITHOUT IT BEING A FAVOR A DEARNT ASK FOR AGAIN >?????????????????????????????,, im falling behind lvlin,,you take the best place away,and again im out of order and its all about me ? where are the wiz in the top20 ****ing gone mate,,,everyone i talked to felt the same about everything i "then"asked you about.and when i pm you,you say, "WHAT NOW ?" if that isant an attitude what is ?
no worries but im coming on 1 or 2x to ask others to come see this,,ill ****ing close you down,how do you llike that favor,,stu

noisound

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 23, 2004
The server team has done all it can to meet your requests, we've taken on board and listened to suggestions and acted accordingly, we appreciate the input and as you know are very responsive to our player base.

However, calm down, we won't tolerate further outbursts when rectifying issues, you don't like it then don't play, nobodies forcing you to.

Blue

StuTheBru

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Dec 2, 2015
hay whats "won't tolerate further outbursts when rectifying issues" you didant rectify mine,i left 2 days ago so no point treatening me with that,i only came on yesterday to tel;l sadia i was leaving,,had to wait an hour,since normaly half the day there was ONLY ME ON,as if i could get a grp together then and play the server you lot dream of in nice little teams,lol,,no i just wanted to explain why im leaving to the people who wanted more gem and all the things i wanted i was spokes person for.,,,your servers so dead its a joke wanting a grping server,and everyone i talked to are the solo type.
YOU LOT HAVANT GOT A CLUE,YOU ONLY HAVE 1-6 PEOPLE ON ANYWAY

noisound

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 23, 2004
Thanks for playing.

Enjoy your future servers!:distracted:

Blue

viper67

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 31, 2006