OldSkool v2 Crystal [High Rate] [Custom Crystal]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
As I've said in the past, just remove the 'lock-on' for ranged classes (for PvP only) and I'm sure you'll see a difference.
C Files are much better than every other set of files I've played on.

Bring it back where you actually had to aim your cursor at a player rather than run press a key, run again and press another/same key.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
a lot of people use cheat engine.. it makes your client faster but ingame makes no difference as server stops you and makes you lag

People seem to forget that the server determines when the player can actually cause damage, it's what the majority of the games use these days.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
#Correctly, but I do not use CheatEngine =))))
Really? Not what you posted on page 2 before trying to hide your post.

maybe reopen 2.6 files better than C_Files !! i can cheat on C_Files Better than 2.6 ! (ReOpen 2.6 Files)

Ontopic, Goodluck Ben I'm interested to see the SubClass feature.

KinG2

Known Cheater
Loyal Member
Aug 28, 2016
Egy-Cairo
I'm interested to see how King Cheats on Crystal,

I sat for several months in order to know how it operates these programs and Iam becmoe knew a lot and it has become very easy!but I'm bored when use that, and many other things help to penetrate the system !! Now I do not use anything because I do not need him !! Do not worry about this !

karl00

LOMCN Member
Nov 8, 2011
learn english before you speak it

---------- Post Merged at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:35 PM ----------

learn english before you speak it

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
I sat for several months in order to know how it operates these programs and Iam becmoe knew a lot and it has become very easy!but I'm bored when use that, and many other things help to penetrate the system !! Now I do not use anything because I do not need him !! Do not worry about this !

And why are you trying to cheat / exploit the crystal files? Be carful how you reply.

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015
And why are you trying to cheat / exploit the crystal files? Be carful how you reply.
JLatNXm.jpg

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
As I've said in the past, just remove the 'lock-on' for ranged classes (for PvP only) and I'm sure you'll see a difference.
C Files are much better than every other set of files I've played on.

Bring it back where you actually had to aim your cursor at a player rather than run press a key, run again and press another/same key.
as far as im aware no spells have auto lock, all must have your cursor over the player to hit them???

---------- Post Merged at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Last edited:

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
I too am curious as to what makes you say pvp is **** on C# files (Does that apply to mine (Marble) as well as Crystal)?

The issue is people are used to "tweaking" to get an advantage in Mir over others, and hate the fact everyones on equal level. It brings skill and coordination into the game to win. Alternatively, it does mean numbers is far more likely to win, which means you're not going to have a good time solo, which most of these basement dwellers prefer. However, numbers has and will always mean an advantage anyway. No matter the files used.

Your server has finally brought MR working vs ranged classes ( wizz aoe to be precise ) which evens out the fact ranged classes can "lock on" (it's called aiming, no such thing as wizz lock) easier, evening out that problem. Most if not all previous c# files or heck, 2.3 2.6 files had done nothing to remedy this. PvP feels far better on your server than it does on other c# servers so whatever else you've done is also probably working as intended.

Anyhow, A lot of people aren't giving Ben much credit. Oldskool was fun because it was fun. It was designed well, it had plenty to do and the sub classes kept people interested in finding their own style and also what worked "best". Nothing to do with the files.

Goodluck to him on this one, imo.

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
I'm interested to see how King Cheats on Crystal,

its possible to cheat on Crystal, as on bens 5 heroes.. a knob called CNmetal some how hit 2x faster than the max attack speed... can be seen on youtube.. also Aparyll/Warrpro/KingIII, they all exploited dash or had a cheat engine to hit uber fast... run faster than a sin across the map

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
its possible to cheat on Crystal, as on bens 5 heroes.. a knob called CNmetal some how hit 2x faster than the max attack speed... can be seen on youtube.. also Aparyll/Warrpro/KingIII, they all exploited dash or had a cheat engine to hit uber fast... run faster than a sin across the map
This video on youtube really doesnt show cheating.. at best it shows a lag spike and then "catch up lag"
the dash "exploit" is a bug.. not a cheat
ive never seen anyone run faster than a sin which has a spell that makes you run 3 steps instead of 2

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015
So if you'll open this server, does that mean you'll close 5h?

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
So if you'll open this server, does that mean you'll close 5h?

Pretty sure they will both continue to run. He has a new patch for five heroes coming very soon.

I don't want an ETA but would like to know how far along it is in regards to progress.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Pretty sure they will both continue to run. He has a new patch for five heroes coming very soon.

I don't want an ETA but would like to know how far along it is in regards to progress.
to be honest it was actually a bit of a troll thread, I thought people would of picked up on that with the whole "no lag, no cheats, no GM" and a very very badly done advert lol

5heroes is always going to be myself and Vals main focus, but that doesn't mean we can't work on other background project work.. whilst Val is looking after 5h I can be working on a possible OS remake, as that's what interests me at the moment with the combo spells etc.

Any content we work on can be applied to both.. if 5heros picks up again with the patch and some new content we have in the pipeline we'll continue to put our focus there.. but if it doesn't then we'll fall back and dedicate our time to OS v2

Doesn't matter what game you play, they all have a set life span, call of duty is recycled every year, MMOs normally have big expansions that re-do the game completely, but even then they don't retain the same numbers each time (even WOW), and I don't think mir servers are any different.
A low rate lasts longer as its a lot slower paced and it has a longer life span... but high rates if it lasted a year, its been a good server.

So unfortunately there is no ETA, as it's just me working on it it might take some time.. I want to make sure I have enough content for the server to run smoothly for at least 6-9 month before I even have to think about adding stuff. I'm thinking about doing set times where x content is automatically released, a bit like WOW releases raid1 then 4 weeks later raid2 etc.

Val will continue to work on fiveheroes, he's doing a cracking job, and i'll continue to provide background coding and help

I've got lots of ideas I want to bring to Mir which sadly won't fit into a already established server like 5heroes, 1 example is the level up / down feature.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Since you are in the process of building the server i will post a list i personally would love to see and not see in your server:

I want to see:
- Customised items that are unique to each other aka not simply upgrades from the previous set.
- The "legendary sets" to have LESS damage than the full damage sets.
- Low base ac/amc on items.
- A lively province full of caves and mobs. ALL the caves/temples must have actual entrances and the teleport to them should take you outside of the cave instead of inside and cost quite a bit. That way you get the option of rt'ing for free there or instantly tele there. That would be a good gold sink along with fights in caves to be more meaningful since people wont be able to get back there within secs.
- Slow/Pa actually being used. Not sure why after 2.3/2.6 these stats suddenly became meaningless. They are one of the best ways to balance ranged vs melee fights.
- The caves to overlap eachother sort of like they do in euro where u have multiple options instead of the 2 typical lvl50 caves. In general a cave setup similar to euro with multiple caves having "similar" stats instead of the cave setup u used on ur recent servers (aka 2 lvling caves lvl50-60, 1 hunting cave, 1 battle room etc etc.)
- ALL the items after a specific lvl to have value. No more killing a lure and get 30 "leveling" items for free
- The "legendary items" to have a low level requirement. Server shouldnt be arround levels but arround items. You already gain access to many perks through leveling so no need to have legendary items be "max level". Its not like on euro you would use a full mir set on a lvl20 noob.
- Item token npc. Aka sell all rare-legendary items for tokens to forge new legendary tokens. For example a heaven item (or whatever the equivelant is) would trade for 1 token and with 10 tokens you can buy a mir item (again whatever equivelant that is). You can even add item upgrade in that npc and if done properly then the items wont lose value as fast they usually do and as a result the low level caves wont be pointless plus the low level people will have access to something that they will be able to sell.

What i dont want to see:
- Firewall. Its a bad design of a spell. I can understand it existing if its limited to couple firewalls per wiz and with low-ish duration but i dont think anyone can argue that couple wizzies controlling a full map is stupid.
- Leveling items for free. Dont destroy the "wow" feeling when u actually get an item from a normal mob. The fact that someone is level 70 doesnt mean he should get some stats for "free".
- No free stats through tao buffs, guild buffs, rift buffs or any **** like that. They make the items have less "value" if you get a ton of stats for free. The Tao buffs should last for like 1min MAX in order to kill for example a tough boss or during a fight. If you want to constantly be buffed you should have a Tao with you. I cant count how many times i have logged out of your servers because i couldnt find a Tao to buff me up so i can go hunt...solo. Dont base the whole server again on Tao buffs. Its frustrating for both the Tao and the rest.
- "Item sets".Would be nice finding a way to avoid the whole Heaven>Mir>Supreme>Diamond>Aztec set thing. It becomes really repetitive to go from an AC5-5 AMC5-5 DC7-7 set to a AC8-8 AMC7-7 DC9-9 set then to a AC11-11 AMC9-9 DC14-14 set etc etc etc. There must be a way to have a different item layout.
- Server being too fast with caves being used for a single day and running out of content within a week. I dont obviously mean to make it a long grind but IF the item stats aren't that high (u mentioned that already) then the caves will have similar stats to each other and as a result the items that drop in there could be usefull even when you "outlevel" them.
- A small server team that cant keep up with content.

These are some first thoughts from me. Perhaps some of the above are stupid or people wont agree with some but even if one of them is used to create a better server i guess it worths spending that much time typing this.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Since you are in the process of building the server i will post a list i personally would love to see and not see in your server:

I want to see:
- Customised items that are unique to each other aka not simply upgrades from the previous set.
- The "legendary sets" to have LESS damage than the full damage sets.
- Low base ac/amc on items.I plan to keep item stats fairly low, so that its fairly balanced across the level ranges. There will be your standard sets, your random sets, your out right insane legendary items that can only be crafted from other sets etc etc
- A lively province full of caves and mobs. ALL the caves/temples must have actual entrances and the teleport to them should take you outside of the cave instead of inside and cost quite a bit. That way you get the option of rt'ing for free there or instantly tele there. That would be a good gold sink along with fights in caves to be more meaningful since people wont be able to get back there within secs.
agreed, this is something that is about to go live on fiveheroes
- Slow/Pa actually being used. Not sure why after 2.3/2.6 these stats suddenly became meaningless. They are one of the best ways to balance ranged vs melee fights.
wanted to see how it played without them, felt like old 2.3 TD files it just became stupid. war vs war was just slow slow slow. soon as you caught a wiz they was dead.. it was a perm para ring. However with the ability to code and actually do what i want now it will be back with limitations.. lets say "diminishing returns!"
- The caves to overlap eachother sort of like they do in euro where u have multiple options instead of the 2 typical lvl50 caves. In general a cave setup similar to euro with multiple caves having "similar" stats instead of the cave setup u used on ur recent servers (aka 2 lvling caves lvl50-60, 1 hunting cave, 1 battle room etc etc.)
yes this is something i have planned, instead of 5 caves each with 3 floors, I want to have 1 cave, 20 floors, all interlinking, all with different bosses on different levels.. i feel at the moment whenever I add a new cave, or a set of caves they are just a bit .. lifeless. you rt to KR , ignore the other floors, kill boss then tt.
I have ideas to make it so you need to collect an item off lets say every single boss to even be able to get to the final boss.. something you go to once a week or something.
- ALL the items after a specific lvl to have value. No more killing a lure and get 30 "leveling" items for free
I want to do more with crafting... on my list is to code a salvage system where you can pick up these useless items and turn them into something meaningful
- The "legendary items" to have a low level requirement. Server shouldnt be arround levels but arround items. You already gain access to many perks through leveling so no need to have legendary items be "max level". Its not like on euro you would use a full mir set on a lvl20 noob.
leveling will be easy.. it has to be with the level up/down system, you cant get pked and lose a level that took you 5 days to grind. so dont worry about that
- Item token npc. Aka sell all rare-legendary items for tokens to forge new legendary tokens. For example a heaven item (or whatever the equivelant is) would trade for 1 token and with 10 tokens you can buy a mir item (again whatever equivelant that is). You can even add item upgrade in that npc and if done properly then the items wont lose value as fast they usually do and as a result the low level caves wont be pointless plus the low level people will have access to something that they will be able to sell.
see above salvaging

What i dont want to see:
- Firewall. Its a bad design of a spell. I can understand it existing if its limited to couple firewalls per wiz and with low-ish duration but i dont think anyone can argue that couple wizzies controlling a full map is stupid.
it will be ingame, its a signature spell, but like 5h it'll be limited to x casts and x secs cap. think atm its 4 casts 30 secs each?
- Leveling items for free. Dont destroy the "wow" feeling when u actually get an item from a normal mob. The fact that someone is level 70 doesnt mean he should get some stats for "free".
not sure i agree, the non rare "free" items as you could them are required for progression otherwise everyone would be level 100 in level 20 items cause everything else is too rare.. but they wont be able to even attempt lvl 100 caves cause of this
- No free stats through tao buffs, guild buffs, rift buffs or any **** like that. They make the items have less "value" if you get a ton of stats for free. The Tao buffs should last for like 1min MAX in order to kill for example a tough boss or during a fight. If you want to constantly be buffed you should have a Tao with you. I cant count how many times i have logged out of your servers because i couldnt find a Tao to buff me up so i can go hunt...solo. Dont base the whole server again on Tao buffs. Its frustrating for both the Tao and the rest.
that is a mistake we made with 5heros but it was changed... we capped the buff amount and time. same with rift buffs, they became a requirement, not a luxury. they can and will still be around, but just at a much much lower rate.. the rift medals should have given 1% of your total stats, not 20%.
- "Item sets".Would be nice finding a way to avoid the whole Heaven>Mir>Supreme>Diamond>Aztec set thing. It becomes really repetitive to go from an AC5-5 AMC5-5 DC7-7 set to a AC8-8 AMC7-7 DC9-9 set then to a AC11-11 AMC9-9 DC14-14 set etc etc etc. There must be a way to have a different item layout.
suggestions? Mir is about item upgrades.. doesnt matter what you do, they are still going to go up in stats... im going to try avoid multi stat items, but to make x set better than y set, you gotta give it.. more stats.. its unavoidable rly...
- Server being too fast with caves being used for a single day and running out of content within a week. I dont obviously mean to make it a long grind but IF the item stats aren't that high (u mentioned that already) then the caves will have similar stats to each other and as a result the items that drop in there could be usefull even when you "outlevel" them.
as the dungeons are going to be like big massive floors that essentially range from level 10-100 there will always be progression inside of that cave. but they will eventually become useless.. everything does.. thats why its a MMO
- A small server team that cant keep up with content.
dont know how to reply to this, I cant just click my fingers and have a massive server team...

These are some first thoughts from me. Perhaps some of the above are stupid or people wont agree with some but even if one of them is used to create a better server i guess it worths spending that much time typing this.
seeaboveinred

---------- Post Merged on 23-01-2017 at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 22-01-2017 at 11:45 PM ----------

Status
Not open for further replies.