can anyone test out if my server is fully online or not?

smoochy boys on tour

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar
not sure why I haven't done this in a while lol but can u download the exe please?
might be the problem?

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ugws0s

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Your port 7000 seems to be closed.

Hjm40Ki.png

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar
as I said its been too long since ive put a server live up lol, any thread that could helps?
tried searching but most threads have them owners replies as "fixed" and not typing how they fixed.

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Google is your friend when it comes to port forwarding, It depends on what router you have.

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Crystal only needs port 7000 and 3000, 7000 for the connection and 3000 for the usercount on server list.

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar
okay done that, removed all and made 7000>7000 & 3000>3000 only
still shows that its closed, how can I open that damn port :/

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Firewall on your PC might be stopping the connection to the server, try allowing the two ports through windows firewall too. I know I had to allow them through my laptops firewall for it to work.

fs416j

LOMCN Leecher
Feb 1, 2017
you're having the exact same problem i have , i contacted my isp they said i need to subscribe to static ip service

meh , once i do that i think all ports can be forwaded.

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
you're having the exact same problem i have , i contacted my isp they said i need to subscribe to static ip service

meh , once i do that i think all ports can be forwaded.

When you say static IP you start talking about a completely different service... Static IP just means that ur IP doesnt change when ur router is reset, Port forwarding is pretty simple for every router and only a small number of ports are blocked at the ISP level for security reasons.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
When you port forward (to LAN IP of the PC that has mir server running on it), use the same port # in both fields, internal and external, here 7000 - 7000 and I think its tcp for mir but might as well select both protocols, that is tcp/udp

Your IP is public IP, I can ping it, only need static for convenience if yours might be changing everytime you reboot your router which mostly doesn't happen or some folks leave their router online indefinitely as you should anyway if you want to host a server as you can't just power down for the night LOL

Firewall on your PC might be stopping the connection to the serve.

Typically when you launch any kind of program, especially a server, windows firewall automatically pops up a notice if you want to allow access to it, probably it doesn't for mir server because it is 'portable' program?

Last edited:

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015
Portforward 7000 (optional 3000) and add a firewall rule for the ports

Moh

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Jan 10, 2017
I need some decent member to help me port forward here..

any one help me for like 10 minutes on team viewer? PLEASE!?

---------- Post Merged at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:48 PM ----------

http://prnt.sc/e4r5up is everything right :/ ?

---------- Post Merged at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:50 PM ----------

my ISP said [FONT=open_sans]Unfortunately, you can't make a port forward on your router without a static IP.

its Zain 4G LTE - Jordan router. :/[/FONT]

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I can tell you that this is totally wrong, forget about this section 'Virtual Servers' (don't quite know myself what this is used for but certainly not for when you want to host mir), what you want is the page where it says 'port forwarding'

However I went to look at a youtube video how to do this on huawei router and one of them did it like you show here, so... another video makes more sense to me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyTwDi009rQ
All I can say I had huawei router some ten yrs back and hated its korean or which logic it used in the settings that I could never grasp. They just do things differently from the maintream.

Maybe look in the NAT section like in that video where Forwarding is called Mapping (that's what I mean by trying to be different LOL that's like Macintosh computers), that router page makes way more sense to me than yours with those virtual servers.

Mind you I missed your posting router type, I googled for general make.

I found this forum http://forums.pcwintech.com/index.php?topic=4298.0
where they talk about what might be also your problem and if it is, then won't be able to host mir.

Last edited:

Moh

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Jan 10, 2017
http://prnt.sc/e4sz0b

when i click on the other option and apply nothing happens , just ticks it with no more options :/

i think i have to subscribe to static ip

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Check this forum discussion http://forums.pcwintech.com/index.php?topic=4298.0
Follow their IP check...

Your situation is probably like mine was until last year - I am on wifi connection to my ISP and for basic subscription it meant I was in effect on their LAN (ISP's LAN, my home router had LAN IP in its setting), that is I didn't have public IP.

What that meant was I could use internet just fine, but couldn't host a server which pple from outside could connect to. For example, teamviewer (tv) can connect to you because they use third party server that your tv client connects to and so others on internet can connect to you via that external server. They do not send that request directly to your tv client... but with mir server they have to and it won't get to you through your ISP (thing is that IP you posted is your ISP's IP, not your personal IP, that is external IP of your home router..)

Not sure if setting up a connection via some proxy server would help in this case, mir server is not as sophisticated as tv client, they have it worked out specially and I must say it works amazingly and very well.

I now pay a little more and have static IP and could host mir. If your ISP says you need static IP to host mir, than they know well what they talk about. Myself and others got confused by the way you formulated it because we thought that to host a server you can get by with dynamic IP, don't necessarily need static even if that's better. What your ISP means is if they give you public IP, it will be static (and static is of course better), wouldn't make sense for them to sell you dynamic IP (which technically they likely can't even if they wanted due to how wifi ISP works).

Last edited:

Moh

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Jan 10, 2017
so you went to your isp and added that service

did you check canyouseeme.org ?

port 7000 , damn it would gimme a good feeling to see "port 7000 is opened on "ip address" :(

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
In your router in its summary page (usually its the first page you get to when you log in), you likely won't find there that IP you posted but some IP that belongs to LAN IP category, like 192.xxxx or maybe 10.xxxxx (not sure 10. is lan but probably is)

If you get internet via air wifi connection (usually you have some little box antena outside your house, behind window or on the roof) and paid some basic subscription, likely your are on the ISP's LAN along with other users who are separated from you, so it looks like you are not on LAN with them but really are. Your home router only makes subLAN so you can have several computers in your place.

Suppose pple from outside, on the internet, run mir client and send request to your ISP's gateway IP on port 7000 to connect to your server. Suppose another user like you on that ISP also wants to run mir server and gives pple the same IP as you. Now how would ISP figure out to which of you send which request on that port if two players want to connect to different servers hosted by your ISP? That is the reason why they don't port forward to their users, why they don't port forward i principle on their internet gateway. If they gave you use of port 7000, they would have to deny traffic on that port to all their other users and these days there is no telling what programs use what ports.

Last edited: