Old Private Server Name?

smoochy boys on tour

Swoosh

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 24, 2017
London
Yo

Just wondered if anyone knows/recalls an old private server I played briefly, must've been 5-6years ago thinking about it. I cant for the life of me remember it and it popped into my head the other day and been bugging me since.

I used to play a warrior & wiz on it, names: Aze & Typh00n. Remember them being quite high level 65? with fenrir blade & mir sword, had tele ring/pro ring mir items etc (thinking may actually have been a beta, as dont recall playing for more than few months). Tryna rack my brains for other players who were about but just getting blanks.

I thought it was Lomcn, was there such a server by Lomcn originally? Potentially maybe Ace2m in the early days?

Just wondered what ever happened & if anyone else knows.

Cheers,

/Swoosh
(now playing chronicles)

IceSlice

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 24, 2005
Under the Sea :O
Yo

Just wondered if anyone knows/recalls an old private server I played briefly, must've been 5-6years ago thinking about it. I cant for the life of me remember it and it popped into my head the other day and been bugging me since.

I used to play a warrior & wiz on it, names: Aze & Typh00n. Remember them being quite high level 65? with fenrir blade & mir sword, had tele ring/pro ring mir items etc (thinking may actually have been a beta, as dont recall playing for more than few months). Tryna rack my brains for other players who were about but just getting blanks.

I thought it was Lomcn, was there such a server by Lomcn originally? Potentially maybe Ace2m in the early days?

Just wondered what ever happened & if anyone else knows.

Cheers,

/Swoosh
(now playing chronicles)

Sounds like locms I think it was, or maybe ragezone

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
There was an AceM2 test server run by several LOMCN staff (now Chronicles)

Swoosh

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 24, 2017
London
Yeah, definitely sounds like Lomcn/Ace2m. Though I do recall playing Ragezone too, with MentaL heading it up but I dont know if that's this particular one im thinking of, as RageZone had all the gay wings lol - this one didnt!

@Samuel

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
One I played many moons ago was a 1.4 or 1.9 server called Crystal. Probably far earlier than you're after.
Probably still got the client somewhere and it had a handy guide to setting up the server files too. KTest server or something if I remember.

Follower

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 2, 2005
Australia
christ, my earliest memories of LOMCN was using LeoCrashers server selector. Think the default server on that was a server selector was called 'Charisma'. way back when FrOzEn was in its original format.

Good Times!

After moving to Australia Mir was unplayable so took a wee break. Met some fella who played Mir3 Global and said it was playable, just... Played that until it ended.

Came back for Chronicles.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
think my first mir server was LOCMS or something similar to lomcn... was ran by some woman i think... it never had high user count and it used to compete with stuff like weown etc

was a great server just never got any users.. stayed online for ages as well

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Yeah, definitely sounds like Lomcn/Ace2m. Though I do recall playing Ragezone too, with MentaL heading it up but I dont know if that's this particular one im thinking of, as RageZone had all the gay wings lol - this one didnt!

@Samuel

Well the last RZ server was also like 5 years prior to Ace

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
think my first mir server was LOCMS or something similar to lomcn... was ran by some woman i think... it never had high user count and it used to compete with stuff like weown etc

was a great server just never got any users.. stayed online for ages as well

Lord of Chaos Mir Server, ran by Athena.

Was also my first pserver =P

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Well the last RZ server was also like 5 years prior to Ace

Which one? the original? the original was fun, back in ktest days.

LOCMS was fun, just a shame it was neglected and didn't have the users, had some fun fights on there.

My all time favourite is Devil server, forgot the guy who ran it but this again, was ktest times, next to that was frozen until I got banned for something that never existed.

I'd played so many servers over the years but nothing has competed with the fun I had on devil server.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Which one? the original? the original was fun, back in ktest days.

LOCMS was fun, just a shame it was neglected and didn't have the users, had some fun fights on there.

My all time favourite is Devil server, forgot the guy who ran it but this again, was ktest times, next to that was frozen until I got banned for something that never existed.

I'd played so many servers over the years but nothing has competed with the fun I had on devil server.

No, I meant the latest RZ server as in the lowrate 2.3, was like 5 years before the Ace server...in case he was still in any doubt which he was on about

Akaras

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jan 14, 2014
I was trying to remember all of my characters I have started in Mir and how many times I've leveled 0-30 or higher so I was also recently trying to remember the name of one of the first pservers I played... but looking back on it I think it could have been a ktest server and I probably didn't play very long as all I can remember is trying to solo mirking as a Wizzy and having fun exploring all the "new" content

but I've played quite a few servers over the years so not surprising I forget one or two characters along the way

it is funny to me how many times we have all done the 0-30 grind over the years and yet we still seem to like the game lol