Thinking of playing a Euro Mir type server again...

Mardavich

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 8, 2009
Hi all,

I'm seriously contemplating playing a bit of mir again after being away for a while. Looks like Marble is the best one to get back into? I remember Jamie writing everything again in C# a few years ago and I'm confident he knows what he is doing so for that reason thinking of joining.

I'd probably make a wizard (eventhough I was a warrior for ages), are they (wizards) still the most powerful class?

I'm still on a mac though so want to know before I go through all the trouble of setting up mir again on this bad boy. Tempted to just buy a pc to play it again!

Hope everyone is well.

/Metaliron

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
either marble or chrons, i'd choose marble if i was yourself as its newer and much easier to catch up.

Follower

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 2, 2005
Australia
With the current wave of increased exp zones and new rotation of exp caves with latest patch idargue that Chrons is in a much better position of attracting new/old returning players at the minute.

Can easily get 0-50 within a few weeks of playing these days. Several guilds to choose from, some in PK, some just playing for fun and keep to themselves.

Instancing of bosses for un-interrupted play when facing off bosses the average joe wouldn't usually get too... while alot disagree with instancing bosses, it gives the weekend warrior something to do.

MonoxideLenny

Adwaa
Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
I would defo play marble over chron theres alot more player interaction on marble lots of pvp and big groups doing pve tbh with chron all ppl do is instance or the 2 guilds on the server fight it out over a boss every few hours its boring as hell thats just my opion tho

Pez

twitch.tv/the_pez
Dedicated Member
Dec 4, 2010
Definitely Marble Jamie is ever present on there. The whole community is pretty good with all your standard Mir pking etc. But if you

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

HeadHunter

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 18, 2007
Stoke, UK
Had a little go on marble yesterday, seems popular and a nice rate to play at.

I'd be interested to see if you can get it working on a mac though. I tried a virtualmachine and had no luck and really didn't want to dual boot. Ended up dragging out the old windows machine

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire

I'd be interested to see if you can get it working on a mac though. I tried a virtualmachine and had no luck and really didn't want to dual boot. Ended up dragging out the old windows machine

As C# uses .NET it's never going to be possible to play on a mac/linux OS, C++ on the other hand would allow this if it's coded in, then you have the DirectX to tackle.

Mardavich

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 8, 2009
Thanks all for the quick responses, think am just gonna go with Marble as eventhough chronicles sounds good, I doubt I can get up to speed quickly enough. With Marble, does anyone know if it plans to be around for a while or if it's due any wipes soon? Just want to recreate D server times and log on and do some grinding/guild killing casually with the odd stint of pure addiction where I level crazily in oma caves or the new replacement :).

Things I would love to do right now:
- Go hunting with a guild in BDD if it still exists and kill a few bosses.
- Go Tsing/FFing
- Kill Evil Mir
- Get to level 40 and then 50.
- Refine a weapon
- Get some awesome gear on.

I was a good pvper but I was usually on the defensive side as I felt too guilty killing someone unless it was at boss fights (and even then I used to be one of those people who wanted to queue but came to the realisation that those days are gone!). Might change my game style now though.

---------- Post Merged at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Well I did it a few years ago when Jamie first wrote the files in C#. I used parallels desktop though and installed windows. Not sure if that's still possible... but frankly I'm thinking of buying a pc anyway as I haven't had one in like 10+ years and they can be resonable provided you get a normal spec one.

Follower

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 2, 2005
Australia

You can use bootcamp and partition a hard rive for windows use...

Not sure if thats what you mean by dual boot? I used it for about 3 years before finally building a PC for gaming... its not bad tbh, just better performance with a dedicated gaming machine obviously.

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015
Chronicles is much better in any way than marble, even better since they added the bonus exp(dont get any ideas jamie) system so new players can catch up easier

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Isn't the cap on chrons like 70-75 ?? If you can get to 50 in a week with this new system thats pretty shitty, can get 43 in a week on marble with a little help which at level 43 you can fight anyone in the game, i doubt level 50s fight 70s on chronicles.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Marble gets my vote. Jamie responds well to constructive criticism, implements amazing quality of life fixes for things that should have been done eons ago, and has actually played Mir and thus knows what he's doing.

Chrons a good server don't get me wrong, but it's had its time in my eyes.

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
Marble gets my vote. Jamie responds well to constructive criticism, implements amazing quality of life fixes for things that should have been done eons ago, and has actually played Mir and thus knows what he's doing.

Chrons a good server don't get me wrong, but it's had its time in my eyes.

+1 Agree with you there. Ive invested alot of time into chronicles, but I think marble is where its at right now.

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015
Isn't the cap on chrons like 70-75 ?? If you can get to 50 in a week with this new system thats pretty shitty, can get 43 in a week on marble with a little help which at level 43 you can fight anyone in the game, i doubt level 50s fight 70s on chronicles.

The cap is 70 and there are 4 lvl 70s, if you play on Chronicles, then great, if you play on marble, still great, no point arguing anymore imo

Swoosh

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 24, 2017
London
Chronicles Ftw! Tried Marble, didnt feel as authentic to euro as Chrons, feels more like a cheap 2 bit private server with cheap looking additions but hey each to their own.

Keevo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 5, 2011
Marble is by far the better server atm, it isn't without its faults but 100% the best out of the 2 !

<SOSO>

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 8, 2012
Marble...easier to catch up. Chronicles is online for 3 years so...if ur a competitive person, u can never catch up.