Mir Name / Forum Name - Why?

Silencer

Comedian
Golden Oldie
Feb 9, 2008
LOMCN HQ with Tai, eating bagels.
There are a few names on here - names I've seen over the years that mean absolutely nothing in the real world, I have always wondered and theorised on why people chose them.

Would be interesting to see why people chose the names they did and stuck with them for such a long period of time.

Post the name you're known by to the Mir community and the reasons why you chose it.

Or don't - whatever.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Was watching QVC late one night and saw some fabulous hand lotion named PRAI, Bargain too. I didn't buy it, but I stole the name.

Originally started with Pc.Neo

Then went straight to PraiRZ (New Era CS clan) then I scrapped the clan and just stuck with Prai.

On Xbox live, I have and will always be called JukeyLukeBob.

Last edited:

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Zath was originally Zathras from Babylon 5, probably the best Sci Fi series of its era. It got shortened by people in CompuServe forums and it stuck.
Ardbeg because its a bloody good malt whisky.
Loads of others were using Lord of the rings names etc. at the time so I had to be different.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Must have played some old PS1 Starwars game with the Korriban planet in it.

Thought I'd made the name up myself until a mate of mine pointed that out.

I mispelt it, and have stuck with it ever since.

Abbreviated to Kori in most games for conveniance.

Akaras

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jan 14, 2014
It all started from Star Wars Galaxies when I unlocked Jedi on my main character and was able to create another character where the random name generator either picked Akauda or something very close to that which I slightly edited to become Akauda ooj (Combat Medic)

After that I had the idea to use names that begin with Aka (also known as) because of playing many different characters ...although over time I have shortened it to just Ak

It works good for me because if if I'm in a group and someone says something to me it doesn't really matter what character I'm playing my name can be shortened to Ak

Akaras
Akaran
Akauda
Akjin (full name is Akjin Aulx-Gao)
Akrakan

...then I have Jaguar which is a name I also still use... He was my alt character in the old days of mir2 on the Phoenix server... I use this more in single player games though

My old name JBond I don't use anymore but was a name I took when my friend first showed me the original half-life deathmatch back in 1998? and he chose the name (before I even had a PC) it became my main mir2 characters name after that but I grew out of it and started not to like it

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
I make a new name up everytime I start a server. What ever comes to mind really - I think this was because I was super gobby and had bad reputation on most mir 3 servers I played when I was younger.

I prefer short names; I hate having to type a long name for pming / grouping so I lead by example :k

My forum name; i can't remember why I chose it. I probably got temporarily banned on my old character lomcnmember and made this as a retailiantion and it's stayed with me since.

iJam

To the rhythm
VIP
Oct 8, 2007
London
Jamie and Jam was taken, I used to go by the name Izit2 and that was just a saying we had at work 'izzzzzzzzzzzzit'

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
Csgo map maker called popcorn,

Jambo cause I'm called Jamie and my uncle called me it.

Tinyboy was my dad's char on p

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Tai - Digimon... it was the name of my first character on Dragon Server. I was at a mate's house when he introduced me to the game and I set up my account, this was the first time I had ever had to come up with a moniker. I never used it on any other games.

Other name's I have used on Mir are Dios (taken from a cool book I read, shortened from Deiphobos) and Reeve (stole it from someone on EverQuest).

Was watching QVC late one night and saw some fabulous hand lotion named PRAI, Bargain too. I didn't buy it, but I stole the name.

Speechless.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
I wanted DemonBlade but it was taken..... So I chose Demonfist.

In hindsight it was terrible...But I was only like 10 years old.

And dont even ask me where Nightscare came from........