Custom maps - bother or not?

Nameless

Merciless Mir 3
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
Would a server with a majority of its maps created from scratch attract you to a new server or would it make no difference to old maps?

Opinions?

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Would a server with a majority of its maps created from scratch attract you to a new server or would it make no difference to old maps?

Opinions?

Would it make me play a server with all custom maps? No. Its nice havin such things but people dont tend to play servers because of fresh outthe box version of mir. People are either returning to remember how good the old days were or just been loyal since the start.

Look at lbt lots of new maps new home zone and it appears to have flopped

Cookie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 13, 2016
West Yorkshire, UK
Would it make me play a server with all custom maps? No. Its nice havin such things but people dont tend to play servers because of fresh outthe box version of mir. People are either returning to remember how good the old days were or just been loyal since the start.

Look at lbt lots of new maps new home zone and it appears to have flopped

I was going to say quite the opposite about new maps are intriguing to players as come on the standard province are a bit tired now after how many years :P

I wouldn't say lbt flopped because of the new maps :hopelessness:

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
I was going to say quite the opposite about new maps are intriguing to players as come on the standard province are a bit tired now after how many years :P

I wouldn't say lbt flopped because of the new maps :hopelessness:
Well if you read his initial question, hes asking if it would attract me or yourself,
LBT failed on many points but having new maps didnt bring new people it failed on many aspects not just maps

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
custom maps are nice... new never seen before maps are nice.. but after you've seen them once the wow factor quickly disappears and no 1 cares again.

It takes huge time and investment for little return... personally i think the time can be spent in other areas

I'd rather go hunt in Oma Cave that was well thought out, loads of quests, various different individual drop files, hidden things etc than play on 4 new custom maps but generic bog standard content.. e.g all mob files are copy pasted, all quests are copy pasted (if any), boss AI bog standard etc

PaxoStuffing

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2007
far from the maddening crowd
custom maps are nice... new never seen before maps are nice.. but after you've seen them once the wow factor quickly disappears and no 1 cares again.

It takes huge time and investment for little return... personally i think the time can be spent in other areas

I'd rather go hunt in Oma Cave that was well thought out, loads of quests, various different individual drop files, hidden things etc than play on 4 new custom maps but generic bog standard content.. e.g all mob files are copy pasted, all quests are copy pasted (if any), boss AI bog standard etc

This, I couldnt agree more

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
Custom are great. 80% of servers get over shadowed by devs with a high and good reputation, even more so if they've been here a long time. None of these servers create any style of hype either.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk