Questions on Server Content.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Hi Guys,

I am just curious to what you guys look for when you go into a new MIR server.
Feedback would be greatly appreciated, for personal development really.

Some of the things I'd like to know about are

1)Do you care about what classes are active on starting - do all 5 need to be live at the start, or does the 3 minimum do?

2)Is some or fully custom item content appealing (so no more wooden swords, everything is changed, or do you like the classic stuff + new items)?

3)How do you feel about rehashed monster skins in new areas, so Red Blue Green Pink Wooma's sold as a different set of mobs for instance, do you feel cheated when a developer does this?

4)Further to the above, re-using maps for additional content (so an upgraded dungeon for instance EliteWoomaTemple) do you again feel cheated?

5)What do you like to see in updates on a game, new skills, new monsters, new areas, quests etc. what would your priority be?

6)New Skills, adding new skills, is this a crucial requirement for people to play, I know it depends on the level caps etc. but just curious.

Thanks for taking the time to reply!
:)

Swoosh

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 24, 2017
London
Hi Guys,

I am just curious to what you guys look for when you go into a new MIR server.
Feedback would be greatly appreciated, for personal development really.

Some of the things I'd like to know about are

1)Do you care about what classes are active on starting - do all 5 need to be live at the start, or does the 3 minimum do? All or nothing, either start with all 5 or dont add later, people might want to be an archer, but forced to roll a wiz to only then have to reroll at a later date.

2)Is some or fully custom item content appealing (so no more wooden swords, everything is changed, or do you like the classic stuff + new items)?Classic for me, add new items but seems more work on your part to add different stuff that will be bipassed in the grand scheme (wooden sticks as example)

3)How do you feel about rehashed monster skins in new areas, so Red Blue Green Pink Wooma's sold as a different set of mobs for instance, do you feel cheated when a developer does this? Done properly, wouldn't mind - if it looks cheap and nasty it would spoil it.

4)Further to the above, re-using maps for additional content (so an upgraded dungeon for instance EliteWoomaTemple) do you again feel cheated? Upgrade is fine so long as its not a mirror of an existing dungeon, i.e. same path etc.. move it round using same colours/scheme

5)What do you like to see in updates on a game, new skills, new monsters, new areas, quests etc. what would your priority be? The order you've done ;)

6)New Skills, adding new skills, is this a crucial requirement for people to play, I know it depends on the level caps etc. but just curious. Definitely, fun to add new skills as people progress, natural.
All in all, longevitity with someone who genuinely wants to keep it going and be active ingame, do little invasions and mini events, rare to see gm's running about like the old days.

Thanks for taking the time to reply!
:)

Just my 2 cents :)