Win 8/7/10 Fixed :D (Need Testers)

acole83

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 9, 2004
Hi Guys
I not played Mir 3 or 2 in years but got a bit of nostalgia :P
i was having probs getting Mir 3 working in win 10 and long story short it bugged me enough to find/make a fix so here you go :P

just copy these files in the main Mir Directory and run as normal but take OFF XP compatibility on the main mir3.exe's and it work great!!
but it dose take a bit longer to load (About 10-15 seconds)

tested on the Zentaur Mir 3 Client and it works for me
This now only runs with WineD3D DX8 Wrapper you can DL it from here were it has the files you need or from there site but they have a lot more file and your will have to read the readme file and test what files you need :P . Make sure to remove all old files and replace with the new ones.

let me know how it work our for you

EDIT FIX 2: OK I have had 2 successful cases of this fixing win 10 issue manual install DirectX 9c again then go to https://sourceforge.net/projects/dxglwrap/

run and install. It will ask if you to install direct play I allowed it do not know if it make difference. When its installed you will get a new screen.

Select the TOP option and press APPLY and it will inform you it is installed.
initially make sure you have not got my previous fix installed as I believe it will conflict and make sure you manual install DirectX 9c again to make sure all the files are there

Here is a short preview of the fix in action. https://youtu.be/3neqrHyhnOA
if you would like to see if it is stable in hectic, action packed situations let me know and ill see what I can do

Also added a screen with some settings may help but I really do not know
Nvidia Settings.jpg

EDIT (15/04/17): I found another problem with the last patch. it was causing the screen to get really bright and disable the spell effects and mini map I have updated the Attachment with a more stable build that seems to stop that from happening and it also fixes the text and font colours.

Attachments

• Mir 3 Win 10 Fix Update 2.rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 455
Last edited:
Reactions: Vaytrex

acole83

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 9, 2004
oh ya hold on i need to figure out now to empty the attachments storage :P

there Done lol

Last edited:

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
Was this confirmed to work and it is stable?

Would be a monumental release if it's reliable.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Was this confirmed to work and it is stable?

Would be a monumental release if it's reliable.

they been tested by several players on zentaur and after reports, works

however, this thing been tested on Holley version not GSP

good luck ^.^

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
Did not work on W10 GSP mir 3.

Fails to even load the launcher.

Last edited:

acole83

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 9, 2004
I have updated the thread with a second fix that has worked on 2 Win 10 laptops of friends of mine you can give them a try to.

Kakashi

AMATERASU
Dedicated Member
Aug 31, 2014
sorry but I get confused, what files I need? Where I get them?

EDIT:

ok got it now, I just added those files into the folder, i think it runs way better now(just tested bichon spammed with firewalls). We will see more on hunts etc.
But I still get a win10 pop up, saying my resolution is wrong, I should choose 1366x768. But I have this resolution already :D (got black bars left and right of my window)(in fullmode :P)

---------- Post Merged at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Windowed mode

Last edited:

acole83

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 9, 2004
WOW very wierd
erm i dunno im on that server my self (MightyBoosh) erm but in my HL_Mir3G.ini its set to window=0 ya it still loads in a windows at login but as soon as im in game its in full screen. and as for the techni colour lol i dunno. did you take compatibility mode off completely and delete DX8.dsp, DX8.dsw, dxgi.dl files?

and as for black bars you need to force your graphics card to stretch to fill the screen or force an aspect ratio.
what graphics cards are in your PC? if you have 2 ether disable the onboard and let your main card be the only one active or make sure your change the screen settings on both cards options.

I have uploaded a VERY short vid of what my game loads up like and shows how smooth it runs. its only 2 mins ish log so no action but I can do a vid showing that to if any one wants to see how stable it is with lots going on. I will add a YouTube link to the original post when its done editing lol likely in the morning as its 00:30 here in the UK atm :P

Last edited:

Vvv123

LOMCN n00bie
Mar 29, 2017
As far as i remember to make it work properly in Windowed mode u gotta run it in 16bit colours mode

Last edited:

acole83

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 9, 2004
also added some nvidia setting that may help some one

---------- Post Merged on 06-04-2017 at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 05-04-2017 at 09:38 AM ----------

Did not work on W10 GSP mir 3.

Fails to even load the launcher.

ya I think it fails to load on GSP clients because the EXE is told to load in admin mode by default and the patch fix dose not like admin or compatibility modes to be on. I don't know what server you tried but I tried on uncharted and it dose not allow me to take admin mode off at all, even if its unticked it still asks :hopelessness:

---------- Post Merged on 11-04-2017 at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 06-04-2017 at 09:46 AM ----------

Just to let you all know I have updated the OP with more help and updated the attachment. the new files are only using WineD3D now using there 2.5 files. You can ether DL the file I have attached or go to his site but you will have to read him read me on what files to use and figure it out from there :P. Make sure to remove all old files and replace with the new ones.

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
I can't get this fix to work for a 3.55 Mir client either.

I've managed to get the multicolours in window mode but selecting 16 bit colour in compatibility settings results in a not responding error. Doesn't work at all in full screen mode.

I've downloaded your files and placed them in the main directory. Changed the Nvidia settings too.

acole83

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 9, 2004
I've managed to get the multicolours in window mode but selecting 16 bit colour in compatibility settings results in a not responding error. Doesn't work at all in full screen mode.

Thats why its not working you MUST NOT USE Compatibility mode or any of the opinions in there. Take it all off no compatibility, not limiting to 16 Bit, no administration mode, this patch is technically a compatibility patch so any other form will stop it working. that gos for all EXEs to be on the safe side take it off any launchers to.

let me know how it gos plz :)

for best results
If on PC you are safe to use both methods together but the WineD3D is a must.

If you are using a Laptop ONLY use method 2 the D3D8 OpenGL Emu

I have had several successful tests myself now on 2 different laptops and 4 PCs.

I don't know if any others have been successful as not many seem to leave comments to say so :P

Last edited:

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
Thats why its not working you MUST NOT USE Compatibility mode or any of the opinions in there. Take it all off no compatibility, not limiting to 16 Bit, no administration mode, this patch is technically a compatibility patch so any other form will stop it working. that gos for all EXEs to be on the safe side take it off any launchers to.

let me know how it gos plz :)

for best results
If on PC you are safe to use both methods together but the WineD3D is a must.

If you are using a Laptop ONLY use method 2 the D3D8 OpenGL Emu

I have had several successful tests myself now on 2 different laptops and 4 PCs.

I don't know if any others have been successful as not many seem to leave comments to say so :P

In windowed mode I get the multicolour error like Kakashi did (see above). In full screen mode I get this error:
fullscreen error.jpg
I just downloaded your attached files and placed them in the main mir directory. Is this correct? All the edits in the original post are confusing, which will put people off this becoming a good release. It needs tidying up and being more user friendly if possible :)

acole83

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 9, 2004
Ok I need to know:
Are you on PC or Laptop?
What Fix are your trying to use?
Did you turn off all the compatibility options on all the Mir EXEs?
Did you install DX9c fresh?
Have you made sure all your graphics drivers are correct and updated?

you are better off leaving it in full-screen or default options I don't think the WineD3D patch is designed for Windowed gaming.

---------- Post Merged on 15-04-2017 at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 13-04-2017 at 10:12 AM ----------

OP updated with a more stable build. Its not his newest but it works better than the last one I tried as it had glitches and this older build dose not have that problem.

Last edited:

kingbenj

LOMCN Leecher
Jul 13, 2017
Im on laptop win 10 i did fix with wrapper amd radeon R2 graphics i still get bad lag with fire cloud temp etc

---------- Post Merged at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:24 PM ----------

I also cudnt find any attachment to put in lom folder

dark7880

LOMCN n00bie
Apr 15, 2018
Hi Guys

EDIT (15/04/17): I found another problem with the last patch. it was causing the screen to get really bright and disable the spell effects and mini map I have updated the Attachment with a more stable build that seems to stop that from happening and it also fixes the text and font colours.

bro need help with this issue. im on win 7 ultimate..I did all thing above..game run smooth but I got this mini map missing..disable spell effects etc..