Hi People

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I am wanting to develop my own server... currently sorting a ton of stuff and would really like people's opinions on what they like/don't like on med rate mir servers

I know this can range from player to player but I want to try make a server that caters to a wide audience =)

cosmin

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 7, 2011
Do med :* i play i promises !

---------- Post Merged at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:42 PM ----------

I like med rate <3

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Moved to Mir2 Chat section.

Please use the correct location in future

thanks.

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
Über fast levelling and gearing where people are bored after a week and crying for updates like the two servers that have basically just failed *wont mention*

not saying I like low rates where it takes months and months but I hate it when people out level content and gear within a week...

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
Theres tuns of items out there tho to make loads of kits, just need a stable enough server so u csn focus on updates instead of fixing broken things whilst its live, id like a med rate with no exp scrolls, unless u get frm quests, n no lvling caves. Dont want items to drop OTT, i used to enjoy refining.
Also would like to a server with no orbs, just gems so the risk of getting better stats makes your kit more rarer than just banging some orbs on, or maybe just a lot less orbs dropping.

Last edited:

kevin87

Prime Сasual Dating - True Females
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 11, 2005
GB
ok so make it fun to start off, dont aim too low or aim too high, keep a level head and keep transparency.

med - high rate = but you get through content at a nice pace, just make sure the exp table have decent gap so leveling is worth the while, drops not over the top but im getting fed up with seeing junk in drops now, i think id rather get pots then seeing a shaman helm dropping from MTK. I would like to see group hunting caves like battle grounds and stuff (maybe make your own up) a working subak wall or something to fight for. i like to see kit stats thought out not the same stats for everyone (sc/dc/mc 5-15 rings) i believe the euro stats go something like dc>mc>sc. bosses worth killing and not solo-able other than a Tao psn killing for 2 hours. not to fond of quests, and i believe whats in GG shop SHOULD be in drops, making donation optional.

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
ok so make it fun to start off, dont aim too low or aim too high, keep a level head and keep transparency.

med - high rate = but you get through content at a nice pace, just make sure the exp table have decent gap so leveling is worth the while, drops not over the top but im getting fed up with seeing junk in drops now, i think id rather get pots then seeing a shaman helm dropping from MTK. I would like to see group hunting caves like battle grounds and stuff (maybe make your own up) a working subak wall or something to fight for. i like to see kit stats thought out not the same stats for everyone (sc/dc/mc 5-15 rings) i believe the euro stats go something like dc>mc>sc. bosses worth killing and not solo-able other than a Tao psn killing for 2 hours. not to fond of quests, and i believe whats in GG shop SHOULD be in drops, making donation optional.

Junk is good! Keeps the cash income! Otherwise there's no way to make cash lol? Unless you go oldschool and have bosses drop the big piles they used to like on Euro!

Cadienvan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2007
Guess medium rate would be nice, but a little harder then Emerge was..
I'd like to see first lvl 40s in 3rd-4th week of playing..
Of course more classes balance (Who cares if Wizard is usually a levelling class.. Nerf it in PvE and buff it in PvP so all classes are balanced) and more in-game items with different stats(BoundlessRing DC 0-8? I got a DC 0-4 Atk. Speed +1, still good.).

Last but not least: Why only Bichon? Why not create a new city where mid-high players can go and get to higher-level dungeons? I never liked the idea of having a "Teleporter NPC" in the middle of the city.. I like to RT and reach places, kinda enjoying mir world..

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
So some things I am currently working on....:(and other Ideas)...

Content
I wouldn't release my server until I am certain there is enough content there that even the try-harder geeks wouldn't surpass until I released more maps, so a lot of content will be open at the start (some you may not get too for ages) but you then have stuff already there to grind for, opposed to grinding then waiting for an update. (I would say what would be released but I don't want to spoil it all!)
---This includes new and current maps that people are used too.

I am creating Elite Caves, these are upgraded versions of existing caves with different maps, much harder difficulty, and obviously better drops. To access these caves you need to have gained the respective item(s) to enter. For instance, to enter EliteWoomaTemple (WoomaKing resides here) you need a WoomaHorn, Heart and WoomaEmblem (gained from a quest). (most of the elite versions WILL be tailored to group play)

Bosses will be worth killing, they will have no pure junk items, however they may have what you see as junk depending on your level (such as 33 armours on low bosses) - each boss will have an exclusive item to that boss - it could be a custom item or an original item, so each boss has a 'unique' if you will.

Every area will have subbosses (so PSC will have BoneGeneral, PT will have MinotaurProtector) - I've always liked coming across subs while going through caves.

WorldBoss - not fully figured this one out yet, but I would like a Boss (like the lords) spawning for people to take down - not much detail as its just in the bubble of ideas.

Drop files will be FULLY CUSTOM, I will be going through every active mob in game, and making the drop files my own, I will also test sub/bosses drop files extensively to make sure they drop how I want them too (RNG does obviously play a big part in this) so people dont get a ton of drops from bosses then I need to change them which isn't fair on others.

Items
For items, I am first going to keep junk in drop files (however it will be more tailored to areas), as it helps with gold for people who are junk rats.
I will be creating items for set areas.
Sets (or at least certain items) will be created for majority of caves, so each cave has different drops.
A lot of custom items will be added in general.

Custom SpiritSets for each class and upgraded version of the spirit sets.

ORBS will be hard to come by, solely because its a no risk added stat.
GEMS will be in drop files for subs/bosses these are added stats but with a risk of breaking items, it keeps the need for highly used items up as people will break them

Quests

I feel quests add a lot to a game, as long as they have purpose and reward according to difficulty (a lot of servers seem to miss the reward part out).

Quest Chains : there will be quests for each area
"Area Name Crusader"
"Area Name Conqueror"
"Area Name Vanquisher"
This quest chain is a pure kill x mobs that reside in this area in different caves, but the items / xp / gold will be worth it.

There will a fair few quests, some more appealing then others but all with appropriate rewards

Skills
I will be looking at creating new skills, this is a very new area for me so it would need a lot of work for me but it will be part and parcel added in expansions opposed to release (from what I can see)

GameStore
All items that are in the game store will be in the drop files.
There will be no equipment, more torches, scrolls and temporary buffs.

All money made from the gamestore will go back into the server, either for content, server upkeep or as a pool to pay for upgrades to infrastructure etc.

IF anyone else comes aboard my team, the gamestore funds (after expenses of the server) will be split evenly among the team. I personally don't need to make money from a server.

TL;DR
The above list is what I am currently working on, it is no where near what the finished product will achieve, I just want feedback on the stuff I am working on so I can better refine what I am implementing for the players.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Theres tuns of items out there tho to make loads of kits, just need a stable enough server so u csn focus on updates instead of fixing broken things whilst its live, id like a med rate with no exp scrolls, unless u get frm quests, n no lvling caves. Dont want items to drop OTT, i used to enjoy refining.
Also would like to a server with no orbs, just gems so the risk of getting better stats makes your kit more rarer than just banging some orbs on, or maybe just a lot less orbs dropping.

I will not have any leveling caves, normal caves are there to be leveled in.
On XP scrolls I am not sure yet, but like i said anything in the gamestore is gainable from drops.

GameStore stuff will be NON tradeable, however. (or at least the majority of it).

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
So elite caves, to get in you need to do a quest, is this a one time thing or repeatable every time once you've been to the elite cave?

also be to sure to use ranged mobs in caves, to stop all the wizzies level to fast threads due to the mass luring easy rooms/mobs and chilling...

i must say I'm pretty excited for this server!

Last edited:

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
So elite caves, to get in you need to do a quest, is this a one time thing or repeatable every time once you've been to the elite cave?

also be to sure to use ranged mobs in caves, to stop all the wizzies level to fast threads due to the mass luring easy rooms/mobs and chilling...

i must say I'm pretty excited for this server!

Elite Caves will most likely complete the quest once, but if items are required you'll need it for each entry (not set in stone yet) - more working on the content then sort the requirements afterwards.

And yeah already sorting the lack of range in caves, HellCave's range mobs work as intended now, as do various other caves!
working on the monsters technically first, make sure they do what they should be doing opposed to just being happyslapped by every mir mob in game xD, then I will sort the caves out in terms of balance of spawns!

ALSO :

This will be a THREE heroes (Wiz.War.Tao)
I haven't had enough experience and exposure to Assassins to implement them with the degree of success/balance that I would like to achieve with my content.

Will it come in the future?
honestly, I have no idea at this point.

If I gained the knowledge of experience from another dev, then maybe, but I also don't like the idea of introducing new classes too a server if it's already live.

I will never say never, but at the moment I am focusing on the 3.

Last edited:

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
I know it's very early days and a lot of work is needed, but any rough dates / rough deadline? We talking weeks/months?

you seem to have a lot of time, stop playing servers start creating :P

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I know it's very early days and a lot of work is needed, but any rough dates / rough deadline? We talking weeks/months?

you seem to have a lot of time, stop playing servers start creating :P

I honestly can't tell you this early on, it depends entirely what stuff just needs tweaking and what stuff needs overhauling.
Spent a ton of time yesterday making sure all current mobs I am using work as intended (they all now do).

Currently working on re-imaging / creating images for gear
once this has been done, I will be overhauling all my item database - creating all this and then sorting drop files.

Once these 3 have been done I should be able to give a rough time.

:)

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
I honestly can't tell you this early on, it depends entirely what stuff just needs tweaking and what stuff needs overhauling.
Spent a ton of time yesterday making sure all current mobs I am using work as intended (they all now do).

Currently working on re-imaging / creating images for gear
once this has been done, I will be overhauling all my item database - creating all this and then sorting drop files.

Once these 3 have been done I should be able to give a rough time.

:)

Well chop chop you got work to do! :P

wxypk2009

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Jan 15, 2017
The server is better with 100 players playing your game.No one's playing you or you're not going to open this server.

kevin87

Prime Сasual Dating - True Females
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 11, 2005
GB
also will u be having all 5 classes? or just 3/4?

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I am inveterate solo player and doubt I would like your server. It probably will never dawn on anybody here that groups in mir are way OTT for normal hunting. When in group even in hard area is peach easy for just about all in that group. I don't really have much respect for those levels gained on the grp soft pillow, raking point in.

And if you limit wiz lures by long ranged mobs, you make it PITA for us non-wiz solo hunters too. How about reducing the range the mobs scent you or drop your track in shorter distance, to make it harder to make big lures? Or make caves with narrow long passages not suitable for making big lures? Obviously for big lures you need wide open spaces teaming with mobs that notice you from far away and track you like smell if you stepped into sh'' :gorilla:

Last edited: