Rise of the Archons [2.6+] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015
Re: Rise of the Archons - Rule of the Arcane Lords

I'd like to see him balance 8 classes

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003

I'd like to see him balance 8 classes

+1, no server has ever balanced 3 classes, not sure how he will cope with 8 :/

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

+1, no server has ever balanced 3 classes, not sure how he will cope with 8 :/

Actually thinking about it, its a good way to hide the imbalance.

I sort of picture it as a Whack-O-Mole style, when one of the 8 classes outshines all of them, you hit it with the hammer.

With 3 (or 4), its much easier to make a direct comparison to the all of the other classes. (as such more prominent)

Havok

likes to charge back
Apr 12, 2015

why u tryna be-little someone else's server when u cant even sort your server balance out ?
just saying :)

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

why u tryna be-little someone else's server when u cant even sort your server balance out ?
just saying :)

Now sure who you were talking to since you didn't quote, but none of the server owners have "be-littled" him?

Silencer

Comedian
Golden Oldie
Feb 9, 2008
LOMCN HQ with Tai, eating bagels.

P69 was my first private server love.

I wish Scorp good luck with the server - I can't play unfortunately as I'm currently on a MacBook Pro travelling the world - but if I was at home with a shitty office job, no girlfriend and my parents credit card - I'd be all over this.

Which makes me think it'll hit a high user count...

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester

Ha ha love the banter.

Let us all remember: Project69, 15 years old, still online; Arcadia; 4 years old, still online. I would hazard a guess that I am doing something right.

this will be for free? o pay for acc?

Free to play

Looks good.. 1 question, are you going to disappear like you seem to do on arcadia after a few months?

Possibly yes, after the first year of updating Arcadia on a fortnightly basis I think I took a short break. You should have asked about Project69; that server went the whole of it's 8th year without me even logging in!

F2P I would suspect,
From all the activity on the forum about your server how come this is the first post you have made Scorp?

Too much negativity on LOMCN. Try not to expose myself too much.

not done much looking around but does anyone know what files this server is ran on?

Arcadia engine ;)

So far from reading all I see is Arcadia server slowed down by 50 times ...

Arcadia was built directly on top of Project69's environmental files. It was intended a relaunch/reboot with all the extras provided by a new engine after the DM2 files were suppressed for so long. When I started RotA 3 years ago, I wiped the databases, deleted Envir and rebuilt from there. You could liken it to Arcadia no more than you could liken it to official.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

Are you going to have to pay 40£ to get your main book so you can actually hunt / pk ? Or is it going t drop unlike your 2 previous servers, thats my main problem with your server the skills, if you have skills you can always pk kit so thats not a problem but having to use Flame sword / normal hit on a warrior because TDB is 1/1million or 40£ it's just a joke. Good luck though some sick features

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex

Actually thinking about it, its a good way to hide the imbalance.

I sort of picture it as a Whack-O-Mole style, when one of the 8 classes outshines all of them, you hit it with the hammer.

With 3 (or 4), its much easier to make a direct comparison to the all of the other classes. (as such more prominent)

I think every class will have a weakness, so you could be right, also there is ability to make yourself stronger/weaker against elements, which adds a degree of "user error" for balancing. Also there is skills offering stat perks, and for a long time I doubt anybody will get 10/10 on all spells. If you run into a fight with a Barbarian (mainly fire) in complete Ice resistance, he's probably got +20% Fire Damage.. you've got +20 Ice Defence, well its kind of obvious you've fecked up

As it stands a Barbarian (what i'd call a "classic" warrior) has 700 HP at level 28, and I can hit 270's... but I have to get close. Now if I were on a stormcaster, my basic entry skill is Frozen something, basically Frost Crunch, with 40% chance to slow, but doesn't cast over objects so must be direct line, even so for this guy to even get close to a mage will be a mission. I managed to nearly 2 Hit a equal level Sin, but that was 2 FS's in a row... (charge, wait 10, hit, re-cast, hit)

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014

Looks interesting :) may give it a try once its live!

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

Ha ha love the banter.

Let us all remember: Project69, 15 years old, still online; Arcadia; 4 years old, still online. I would hazard a guess that I am doing something right.
doesnt mean its been a succesful 15 years of constant updates and high usercount. Just means you've had a server online for 15 years, in all fairness anyone can do that.

I don't want to take anything away from p69 as in its prime it was good, but I don't see as there's much of a brag about having a server online for 15 years when its probably been neglected for 10 and the only people that still log on for some reason cannot let go (probably due to the amount of money they plowed into it).

I aint denying your accomplishments or ability as a server creator, but had to say something :P

I feel like im becoming a little bitch now causing arguements for no reason so I'll bow out there.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

Answer about the books.. its the question everybody wants to know and its the problem with all your other servers, are you going to have to pay 40+£ per book to compete and drop at 1/100000 off 1 boss or are you going make them obtainable in some other ways maybe via quests ?

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England

I'll give it ago, looks pretty decent!

but if it just turns out like a money hungry server I'll just stop playing lol.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004

Yes i would also like to know info about books. That was the reason i gave Arcadia a proper shop because for some weird reason TDB was considered a pay to get only book.

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015

Or make them drop from mobs/bosses like every other normal server...lol

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England

After watching a few twitch streamers in the beta some of the skills look mental, I will say though it's defiantly going to be a high rate server, the stats on the noobie items are high!

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

After watching a few twitch streamers in the beta some of the skills look mental, I will say though it's defiantly going to be a high rate server, the stats on the noobie items are high!

link some clips?

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009

p69 has been dead for well over 10 years only afk shops to boost user count is not a successful server it was untill u started to get greedy. Arcadia was a **** show of pay 2 win bollocks which u forced players to buy skills from the gameshop not to mention u left the server to die after a month or so.

this shits gonna be the same scorps money has dried up from Arcadia and needs a new cash cow, once hes taken the cash we will let it slowly die and leave it online for 12 years because thats what a successful server is about to him.

avoid like the plague unless ur willing to drop 100s if not 1000s just to keep up