Rise of the Archons [2.6+] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
Re: Rise of the Archons - Rule of the Arcane Lords

what's the matter, can't edit or ban my account to lie to everybody on LOMCN huh? go back to your safe space where you can edit comments

and i don't bother checking your forum or posting on it and certainly don't troll on it, because, truth be told, it's a very slow server that has no activity any more

it really is just your fault for not being able to handle criticism very well, anybody with a grain of knowledge knows it's not good business acumen

edit:

for the second time in a row, my ip address has been banned from the forums

for anybody who wants to play on this server, ask yourself if this is somebody you want working on your server, somebody that is butthurt and censors, edits and bans anybody that disagrees with him, constantly lying and spends more time on the forums than working on his server

Don't care what you waffle on about Nige. We have lot's of helpful and subjective critics.

Your'e nothing but a bored troll who keeps making new accounts, impersonating staff and posting crap. Go back to parliament

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017

Don't care what you waffle on about Nige. We have lot's of helpful and subjective critics.

Your'e nothing but a bored troll who keeps making new accounts, impersonating staff and posting crap. Go back to parliament

you dug your own grave buddy

people aren't as stupid as you think

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

I did actually see this posted before and after editing lol... To stick up for Scorp though i made thread after thread, day after day giving the server **** at the start when he kept nerfing Barbs / SC and never once even got a Warning, got many replys though... Maybe i got lucky xD

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017

I did actually see this posted before and after editing lol... To stick up for Scorp though i made thread after thread, day after day giving the server **** at the start when he kept nerfing Barbs / SC and never once even got a Warning, got many replys though... Maybe i got lucky xD

That's really weird, Ipecac was very quick to ban me for the first time after I told them they should take inspiration from other servers and should have done this before launching

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester

Updates

• New Province released: See Spider Island Announcement
  • Added Bichon wall to 'H' home location for level 28 and above
  • Added more Urns to spawns and added to their drop files
  • Fixed Revive MP/HP rates
  • Made fonts more clear on screen
  • Cleaned up game rendering procedure for smoother gameplay
  • Increased some skill frame rates
  • Centred the player horizontally in the screen
  • Corrected skill centring issues
  • Added Curse Protection Oils
  • Added Dura Defender Lamps
  • Reduced knockback times to help with stun lock
  • Improved Xue Long targeting
  • Increased duration on Revitalise
  • Fixed bug with Shoulder Dash causing player to get stuck (? please confirm)
  • Increased monster item drop radius from 3 to 5
  • Fixed bug where monsters do not drop items when killed on piles of corpses
  • Expedited corpse decay where corpses are piling up too fast
  • PK Protect Level raised from 11 to 16
  • Red PK Protect Level raised from 16 to 22
  • Sharpened some of the anti-cheat tools
  • Blood bond will now update if you recast it on a pet
  • Slightly increased experience from Honghuon Omas and in Black Dragon Dungeon
  • Snake Fangs and Snake Sinew can be destroyed on drop
  • Increased rate of benediction oil drops
  • Increased player base Agil by 5
  • Lowered all monster Acc
  • Map information hotkey 'M'
  • Reduced the gradient of exp loss from monsters that are lower level than player
  • Slashed Achievement kill requirements by up to 50%
  • Level cap perks increase by 10% each level above the cap
  • Ice Barrage does not push monsters
  • Resting Experience perk increased +50% for every +10 levels below soft cap (ie +200% @ 16-22, +150% @ 22-32, +100% @ 32-40)
  • Removed freezing ability from Holy Deva ice ball attack but increased slow chance
  • Random teleporting allowed in Wooma Temple (KR excluded)
  • Fewer Wooma Guardian's spawn but drop rates increased and updated
  • Woomataurus drop rates increased
  • Evil Tong and Evil Centipede drops increased
  • White Evil Boar and Evil Snake drops increased
  • Random teleporting allowed in Zuma Temple 5th
  • Red Thunder Zumas spread out across Zuma Temple and drop rates increased
  • Zumataurus drop rates increased
  • Random teleporting allowed in PSC F5, PMC F4 and PT F5/6
  • Mutant Overseer and Super Mutant Hybrid drops rates increased
  • Bone Captain and Bone Lord drops rates increased
  • Spawns in Prajna Temple have been increased
  • Minotaur Bull added to Prajna Temple and Minotaur King drop rates increased
  • Drops added to Devil Nodes in Honghuon
  • Updated drops from Honghuon monsters (higher level gear)
  • Updated drops from Black Dragon Dungeon monsters (higher level gear)
  • Fixed no player drops in Evil Mir's Lair
  • Random teleporting allowed in BDD 9/10th
  • King Hog and Dark Devil AI updated
  • King Scorpion, King Hog and Dark Devil drop rates increased
  • All lords and their commanders drop rates increased
  • All lords and their commanders have large HP reduction
  • Reduced spawn rate of red champion monsters and increased drops, increased unidentified rate, increased unidentified quality
  • Increased spawn rate of blue super monsters and increased drops, increased unidentified rate, increased unidentified quality
  • Increased experience progressively from Prajna Island onwards
  • Reduced monster DC from Woomyon Woods onwards
  • Monster HP reduced in Honguon
  • Monster HP reduced in Black Dragon Dungeon
  • Stormcaller can tame 1 Left/Right Guard, Mutant Excavators, Cave Worms (PSC) and Toxic Toads (Honghuon)
  • Boss HP reduction from Evil Centipede onward

Barbarian
  • Halfmoon damage increased
  • Aegis rate updated to a fixed profile
  • Rage rate updated to a fixed profile

Pyromancer
  • Suanni damage slightly increased on normal/players
  • Meteor deals 3 equally powerful blows
  • Immolate explosion range increased to 2, damage reduced
  • Sanctuary AC increased

Mystic
  • Tiger Charge damage increased, cooldown decreased, slow rate increased
  • Summon skills do not use amulets when recalling pets

Assassin
  • Crimson Tempest increased damage to undead
  • Defiance rate updated to a fixed profile

Hunter
  • Updated missing drops on new monsters
  • Damage increase to skill Spread Shot
  • Removed cooldown on Spread Shot
  • Fixed the pause with pet Spitting plant attacks
  • Freezing Trap range same as other traps
  • New Hunter arrow stones added to drops
  • Skill High Shot replaced by Toxic Vine - A pet that spits poisonous bugs at enemy monsters
  • Skill Blunt Shot replaced by Spread Shot - An arrow skill that shoots up to 6 arrows at different monsters
  • Skill Resolute replaced by Freezing Trap - A trap that causes moderate damage and slow
  • Skill Resolute merged with Elemental Sprite and % increased
  • Fixed shift attack on players not targeting properly
  • Aimed Shot hits for significantly greater accuracy the closer you are to the target
  • Two or more hunters can now place traps in the same location
  • Group members can see Hunter trap locations
  • Can place traps under monsters/players
  • New trap location graphics
  • Automatic skill stat reset will take place for hunters logging in game

Stormcaller
  • Ice Blast slow rate slightly increased
  • Thunder Strike Damage slightly increased on undead
  • Blizzard deals 3 equally powerful blows

Necromancer
  • Poison Spear damage slightly increased
  • Zombie Charger damage slightly increased
  • Blood Bond slightly reduced %
  • Summon skills do not use amulets when recalling pets

Monk
  • Increased rate of holy X skills
  • Holy X skills no longer hit pets
  • Holy Fire has new graphic on Monk skill tick
  • Diamond Skin increased protection rate

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

what's the matter, can't edit or ban my account to lie to everybody on LOMCN huh? go back to your safe space where you can edit comments

and i don't bother checking your forum or posting on it and certainly don't troll on it, because, truth be told, it's a very slow server that has no activity any more

it really is just your fault for not being able to handle criticism very well, anybody with a grain of knowledge knows it's not good business acumen

edit:

for the second time in a row, my ip address has been banned from the forums

for anybody who wants to play on this server, ask yourself if this is somebody you want working on your server, somebody that is butthurt and censors, edits and bans anybody that disagrees with him, constantly lying and spends more time on the forums than working on his server

its an increasingly sad time we live in.

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006

its an increasingly sad time we live in.

Imagine walking into a business/shop that sells fruit and veg. You start shouting how all their produce is bad, and go on a lengthy rant about how you hate the store. In their store. What do you think would happen? You would be removed and banned from coming back.

Going onto a servers forum and slating it on a new account is doing exactly this, its harmful to the business and they are within their rights to ban you.

I mean i really can't understand how you can see this any other way, 100% would do the same. Mir community never has been known for its forward thinking mentality i guess.

Side note, started server and been enjoying it, but not played mir for 7 years so maybe its just nostalgia!

/greatwhite

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017

Imagine walking into a business/shop that sells fruit and veg. You start shouting how all their produce is bad, and go on a lengthy rant about how you hate the store. In their store. What do you think would happen? You would be removed and banned from coming back.

Going onto a servers forum and slating it on a new account is doing exactly this, its harmful to the business and they are within their rights to ban you.

I mean i really can't understand how you can see this any other way, 100% would do the same. Mir community never has been known for its forward thinking mentality i guess.

Side note, started server and been enjoying it, but not played mir for 7 years so maybe its just nostalgia!

/greatwhite

Imagine if the business had a forum for discussion of their products and services and a thread was made about their apples in which everybody gave their opinion and left reviews, but the ones who said the apple wasn't good were evicted from the shop and their review edited by the owner to give a false impression of their server to low information users who are not aware.

You would be right IF I was going into a neutral, ethically sound business and drove customers away with unfound, baseless reviews and criticisms, however that's not true, I gave my own opinion on the server's faults like many others and it's not just me that was banned for it. Let me paraphrase what got my post removed: "The server owners should have took ideas and inspiration from other servers. They should have done this before launching and this is why they're failing to deliver".

Let me paraphrase what got my account banned: "Ipecac, why did you remove my post?"

Shortly after my IP address was banned.

This week I went to see how the server was getting on and came across a thread asking for opinions on the server. I gave my opinion that the server had faults and I believed the administration wasn't doing good customer service and I ended by attaching Audrey's well written summary of what went wrong with the server.

What's even more disturbing is this time my post wasn't removed, but my own post was edited to not give my true opinion but a false impression in order to fool the original poster.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

Imagine if the business had a forum for discussion of their products and services and a thread was made about their apples in which everybody gave their opinion and left reviews, but the ones who said the apple wasn't good were evicted from the shop and their review edited by the owner to give a false impression of their server to low information users who are not aware.

You would be right IF I was going into a neutral, ethically sound business and drove customers away with unfound, baseless reviews and criticisms, however that's not true, I gave my own opinion on the server's faults like many others and it's not just me that was banned for it. Let me paraphrase what got my post removed: "The server owners should have took ideas and inspiration from other servers. They should have done this before launching and this is why they're failing to deliver".

Let me paraphrase what got my account banned: "Ipecac, why did you remove my post?"

Shortly after my IP address was banned.

This week I went to see how the server was getting on and came across a thread asking for opinions on the server. I gave my opinion that the server had faults and I believed the administration wasn't doing good customer service and I ended by attaching Audrey's well written summary of what went wrong with the server.

What's even more disturbing is this time my post wasn't removed, but my own post was edited to not give my true opinion but a false impression in order to fool the original poster.
excatly, it's becoming a dictatorship, unsure why it's even still up, and has people on it... or they all afk getting exp buff? it's not even a good server :/

HeadHunter

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 18, 2007
Stoke, UK

/greatwhite

Not quite sure that you've given a fair analogy there...

The guy has given a fair and honest review of the server as it is, and the leadership have effectively hacked into his account and altered his response.

The word 'dictatorship' was mentioned earlier in this post and I have to agree. If they didn't like what was posted they should've deleted the comment rather than editing the comment. By editing the comment they've done more damage to their credibility than they would have by deleting the comment.

In the scenario that thread starter created a poll to say "Is this server good"; would all 'No' responses be amended to 'Yeah it f*cking is'.

Servers will always get their critics. I've mentioned it before that a single server cannot satisfy everyones wants and needs. People shouldn't be penalised for posting honest reviews.

If Farage can be believed and his post is what was shown in the screenshot then why should he be banned? It's a known fact that the user count dropped significantly and that the management hasn't been the best. Whilst Andy has been ploughing into updates more and more recently he's also had to deal with the other two servers and the other helpers simply haven't been up to scratch.

TL;DR - Farage is in the right. His post was honest and indicative of the past couple of months for RoTA. Editing the post was severely unjust and inappropriate.

Xele

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 10, 2017

I don't agree with banning critics for their views and I don't agree that Nigel should've been originally banned from posting negative comments about the server, however since then I've seen him make fake GM forum accounts and copy their avatars to try impersonate them, he has been a very loud and rude person on the their forums and I can see why they don't want him around anymore. I have repeated this on Archons and Chronicles forums to critics a like, even if you disagree and don't enjoy the content they have created you can present your arguments in a constructive and respectable manner to the server owners without causing insult.

A lot of Mir players need to learn to have a bit of a class. Mir itself is a slowly dying game and it is also up to the players to encourage server owners to keep on creating servers for us to play and enjoy and speaking to them like garbage doesn't really help. It doesn't matter if the server is ran by Ben, Jamie, Scorp, Sam, Azzi or any other host, they have spent their time trying to create a product for us to enjoy and deserve respect for trying to keep this game going.

I understand that not all the Mir community can have a mature attitude to the future of Mir in this manner, so to the server owners I would say that you need to learn to filter out the trolls from the serious critics and don't take everything to heart if people don't enjoy the work you've created, not everyone will share the same opinion.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

I don't agree with banning critics for their views and I don't agree that Nigel should've been originally banned from posting negative comments about the server, however since then I've seen him make fake GM forum accounts and copy their avatars to try impersonate them, he has been a very loud and rude person on the their forums and I can see why they don't want him around anymore. I have repeated this on Archons and Chronicles forums to critics a like, even if you disagree and don't enjoy the content they have created you can present your arguments in a constructive and respectable manner to the server owners without causing insult.

A lot of Mir players need to learn to have a bit of a class. Mir itself is a slowly dying game and it is also up to the players to encourage server owners to keep on creating servers for us to play and enjoy and speaking to them like garbage doesn't really help. It doesn't matter if the server is ran by Ben, Jamie, Scorp, Sam, Azzi or any other host, they have spent their time trying to create a product for us to enjoy and deserve respect for trying to keep this game going.

I understand that not all the Mir community can have a mature attitude to the future of Mir in this manner, so to the server owners I would say that you need to learn to filter out the trolls from the serious critics and don't take everything to heart if people don't enjoy the work you've created, not everyone will share the same opinion.

More or less covered everything I would have said lol.

There is really no reason to be hanging around their forums with nothing but criticism and no intention to play.

I gave my fair bit of criticism, then stop playing and hung around the forums for a little while to see if enough changes took place that could bring me back in a bit.

The game as it currently stands is in a playable state for newcomers (This ultimately should have been the state of the game on release, not 2 months later)....but you won't be able to bring back returning players as it won't take long to catch up from where they left off, and then they will be right back waiting for the content to be fixed again because it will forever be in catch-up mode. Not to mention the fact that all the people they likely played with, no longer do (Like myself).

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017

Whether you agree with criticising the server or not, editing comments and banning people isn't the answer

Incredulous

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Jul 21, 2016

Quoted for truth.

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006

Whether you agree with criticising the server or not, editing comments and banning people isn't the answer

Xele summed it up pretty well really, my response to your original reply was similar enough not to bother quoting that one.

If you did it once in a store, maybe you wouldn't be banned. You are going back to the same store shouting and ranting of course they will ban you. if its a bad store/server then don't go back.... why are you going back without modifying your behavior?

If you still played and had an interest in it that's different. What you are doing is childish and some kind of online vendetta.

Walk away.

Especially agree with xeles point about server creators really not needing ****. It is a lot of very very very tedious work making a server, along with some specialized skill sets to do updated files.

Should gms edit peoples posts? no. I think deleting it would have been 1000x better.
Should gms have to put up with people repeatedly throwing dirt on their own forums? no.

TLDR both could have acted much better. ;)

Last edited:

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester

Only a few unnecessarily negative posters have been banned on the forum - this was people posting negative things in a spammy, uncivilised nature. Anyone can take a look, and find the forum full of criticism and opinions.

NigelFarage was one of these accounts. For someone who did not play, he had an awful lot of opinions, was warned, then banned for causing unnecessary disruption. Anyone can see from his previous posts on lomcn that he's basically nothing but a boring troll.

Since that ban, NigelFarage created many accounts and used them to create silly/negative posts.

He also created a forum account imitating a GM account name swapping out i's for L's, copying signature and avatar, and began an attack on the server, causing upset and confusion amongst players.

Today he has been banned from the forum again for sending out PM's to users with his nonsense in them https://www.riseofthearchons.com/forum/forum/game-chat/13883-conspiracy

Edit: This is also one of LomCNs biggest downfalls. I may have three servers full (half full?) of satisfied gamers, yet read anything on here and you have the same handful of unsavouries (that really have no idea what they are talking about because "i don't even play but the game is **** because I can't kill hooking cats") bringing down the tone of every topic.

Last edited:

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

Think people forget you run 3 server's at times, even though your not putting to much time into Arcadia / P69 i'm sure you have to answer a lot of question from players on them also. xD Feels bad man.

On Topic of thread, been on a little today server seem's in a great place for new comers right now was messing with mystic earlier super fun still such a shame he didn't go C#.. So many little things here i hate from a PK / PVP point of view.

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017

It doesn't matter what you say about me, at the end of the day you edited a post to lie to the public.

If you don't like me telling people about it, you shouldn't have done it.

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester

Ohhhhhhhh, now I get it, you think I care :highly_amused:. I just came here to clear up the stories.

So what I edited your sabotage post with an accurate reflection of the real world situation. You quoted a post that was over a month old, predating some huge updates, and you never even played the game, or did for a very short period.

I trolled you back, and you came to lomcn crying like a baby. Suck it up :eagerness:

Frankly you should be ashamed of yourself, we (server creators) do nothing but put in time and effort creating games for people to play. You sit behind a keyboard wasting your life away on petty vendettas, based on being butt hurt that your foul mouth got you expelled from a forum.