Rise of the Archons [2.6+] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Cookie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 13, 2016
West Yorkshire, UK
Re: Rise of the Archons - Rule of the Arcane Lords

Hit the nail on the head any player of both server will know scorp does work at the beginning and a few updates but soon as he's needed for either extra content he's not to be seen. His servers could be alpt better if he kept up to them and didn't charge just to get the best weapons/items/books from gg shop.

p69 has been dead for well over 10 years only afk shops to boost user count is not a successful server it was untill u started to get greedy. Arcadia was a **** show of pay 2 win bollocks which u forced players to buy skills from the gameshop not to mention u left the server to die after a month or so.

this shits gonna be the same scorps money has dried up from Arcadia and needs a new cash cow, once hes taken the cash we will let it slowly die and leave it online for 12 years because thats what a successful server is about to him.

avoid like the plague unless ur willing to drop 100s if not 1000s just to keep up

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

Hit the nail on the head any player of both server will know scorp does work at the beginning and a few updates but soon as he's needed for either extra content he's not to be seen. His servers could be alpt better if he kept up to them and didn't charge just to get the best weapons/items/books from gg shop.
To be fair though, the work he does in the first bulk is generally enough to carry a lot of users through for longer - much, much longer, than 95% of servers currently running.

P69 was still actively booming for the first few years from what I recall. I logged in well in to the games life, and had no end of players to run with, and kill me while I was afk.

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England

It's not just Scorpian either think it's a 3-4 man team on this, and from there forum it doesn't look like anything game breaking is going into the game shop.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

It's not just Scorpian either think it's a 3-4 man team on this, and from there forum it doesn't look like anything game breaking is going into the game shop.

I know people on Marble know that are moving to this just from the pure fact they say " Andy will sell me anything " Always has been you can get hold of Andy you chuck him price and you can obtain ANYTHING in the game. for me this is just shitty, even Ben's server where he would be the full Set's ingame there was still some thing's you couldn't Buy.

GameShop don't mean **** when you can just pm Andy and get anything with the right price.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex

After watching a few twitch streamers in the beta some of the skills look mental, I will say though it's defiantly going to be a high rate server, the stats on the noobie items are high!

EXP Rate is also x10 at moment for BETA to get level 19 will take a solid day I reckon, so in a week people may be 30. Even in a fully kitted char, mobs still hurt, don't expect it to be too easy.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

"Keeping a server online for 15 years isn't an achievement"
"Anyone can do that"

Lol.

Cookie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 13, 2016
West Yorkshire, UK

Andy has never trusted anyone to help out in game so 3-4man team is a dream unless you counting none existent people :wink-new:

The buy anything is about right as well as on arc a certain foreign guild managed to get all the ultra rare items (not just a few) and as a member of the guild that was against them they never camped the best bosses as much as we need. We also knew he sold levels before from people who just appeared out of no where and they even admitted it.

Last edited:

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

doesnt mean its been a succesful 15 years of constant updates and high usercount. Just means you've had a server online for 15 years, in all fairness anyone can do that.

still waiting for anyone to come close to the 15 years of server life.

longest lasting server you hosted? 'if anyone can do it' ?

Bountyhunter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 20, 2003

still waiting for anyone to come close to the 15 years of server life.

longest lasting server you hosted? 'if anyone can do it' ?

I don't think it's actually a good thing - seems a waste of money to keep a server up when it's not updated and has a low player count. Sounds like the opposite of an achievement Lol.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

Take Stalls out lets see the real usercounts Kappa

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

I don't think it's actually a good thing - seems a waste of money to keep a server up when it's not updated and has a low player count. Sounds like the opposite of an achievement Lol.

the small minded low user-count 5 minute server players don't really have a say if its an achievement or an accomplishment...

but in many peoples eyes its amazing for someone to keep a server up longer than 15 years.. like i said find someone who even came close to hosting a server for this long... even official servers didn't last that long with (LESS) updates.

id rather put time into a server that will last longer and have few updates appose to a server with updates every week and last a few month...

i only played p69 for a few months like 10-11 year ago GM seemed active to me then, and the dedication he has put into his arcadia files no one on this forums can say he doesn't do much or isn't active, his files are modified like mad and have so many great ideas ( with elements mob stats displays, Adv, and weaknesses nd all sorts.

not to mention the damage spells can do and what element will increase damage, an idea marble copied/used also.

Cookie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 13, 2016
West Yorkshire, UK

Arc has 20-40 stalls on most days ...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

It's kind of a given that he was still making money in the time it's been running...

And if not, then hell he has been using his own money to keep a server alive for those few die hard fans. Either scenario is good.

---------- Post Merged at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:19 PM ----------

not to mention the damage spells can do and what element will increase damage, an idea marble copied/used also.

Marble has elements now does it?

Bountyhunter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 20, 2003

the small minded low user-count 5 minute server players don't really have a say if its an achievement or an accomplishment...

but in many peoples eyes its amazing for someone to keep a server up longer than 15 years.. like i said find someone who even came close to hosting a server for this long... even official servers didn't last that long with (LESS) updates.

id rather put time into a server that will last longer and have few updates appose to a server with updates every week and last a few month...

i only played p69 for a few months like 10-11 year ago GM seemed active to me then, and the dedication he has put into his arcadia files no one on this forums can say he doesn't do much or isn't active, his files are modified like mad and have so many great ideas ( with elements mob stats displays, Adv, and weaknesses nd all sorts.

The ignorant people also don't have a say - You have no idea how long I played and what servers I played. I played P69 back in the day and most likely kept at servers more than you do.

Registered 2010. Lol.

---------- Post Merged at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:26 PM ----------

It's kind of a given that he was still making money in the time it's been running...

And if not, then hell he has been using his own money to keep a server alive for those few die hard fans. Either scenario is good.

---------- Post Merged at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Marble has elements now does it?

And yeah you're right, he must of made some money. Sorry I didn't actually read the thread properly - I don't seem to do it much anymore; forums are a joke compared to what it use to be back when sir aaron ran stuff.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

Bountyhunter said:
The ignorant people also don't have a say - You have no idea how long I played and what servers I played. I played P69 back in the day and most likely kept at servers more than you do.

Registered 2010. Lol.

All hail to this guy, he has 137 posts. Knows his stuff.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

His dads bigger than your dad, though.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

To be fair to him, he actually accepted when he was wrong and hadn't read something. He's already above like 30% of LOMCN imo.

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester

All these trolls bumping my advert so people can see how bitter they are :'(

Anyway, it has not yet been decided if skill books will be in drops at all or if they will be NPC shop only. We still need to decide the GameShop options but are targeting more convenience and aesthetics

1westy1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 10, 2004

Is there crafting? Someone on Marble suggested an idea. If there's lots of crafting ingredients dropping, a purchasable item from GameShop that auto picks it all up. Things like that are great ideas. Not game breaking, just makes things convenient.

Also, unpopular opinion here, but I would love an option to pay for a class change. Something on the more expensive side so people can't just hop from class to class. But with the volatility of 8 classes, I don't want to invest 40+ hours into a class before I realise I have made a huge mistake. I'd happily pay £40 to switch to something else instead of having to invest that 40 hours all over again. To stop people just picking a leveling class, then switching to an Assassin at higher levels, you could even add in a -10% XP when you switch. So, if you are at level 30 with a total of 1,000,000 XP getting you there, you lose 100,000XP, probably putting you back a level or two.

Just my thoughts.

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England

All these trolls bumping my advert so people can see how bitter they are :'(

Anyway, it has not yet been decided if skill books will be in drops at all or if they will be NPC shop only. We still need to decide the GameShop options but are targeting more convenience and aesthetics

Skill books should always be in drops -.-