Rise of the Archons [2.6+] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Re: Rise of the Archons - Rule of the Arcane Lords

So people are going to need to pay 40£ for a skill, why is it so hard? It's the only thing holding so many people from playing your servers Arcadia looked so fun the first few days i was playing but i'm not paying 40£ for a skill just so i can level and hunt and it only gets worst when a new skill comes out and you have to fork out again. You can make plenty of ££ of this day and age with Buffs.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

All these trolls bumping my advert so people can see how bitter they are :'(

Anyway, it has not yet been decided if skill books will be in drops at all or if they will be NPC shop only. We still need to decide the GameShop options but are targeting more convenience and aesthetics

personally i think books should be in drops killing bosses/hunting is alot more fun when there is a chance of a new spell that other people don't have yet..

1westy1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 10, 2004

personally i think books should be in drops killing bosses/hunting is alot more fun when there is a chance of a new spell that other people don't have yet..

It's a difficult one. I agree that being one of the first few to get a new spell is awesome. But at the same time, being one of the few unlucky enough to not get a spell that is incredibly powerful and helpful really sucks. Genuinely don't know which I think is better here.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

It's a difficult one. I agree that being one of the first few to get a new spell is awesome. But at the same time, being one of the few unlucky enough to not get a spell that is incredibly powerful and helpful really sucks. Genuinely don't know which I think is better here.

this is when the TM/Stalls come into place thou as not everyone is gonna need the spells they get drop.

everything more or less from books/items should be in drops.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

Anyway, it has not yet been decided if skill books will be in drops at all or if they will be NPC shop only. We still need to decide the GameShop options but are targeting more convenience and aesthetics

From experience with my own server, and from the small information I've managed to find about your spell system (that you don't train them by using them) I would highly recommend books being in the drops rather than shop.

Hypothetically speaking, If I was about to launch marble again, I wouldn't use my current spell system (I would revert back to the original; Need to find book and learn before owning them spell).

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

"Keeping a server online for 15 years isn't an achievement"
"Anyone can do that"

Lol.
Cmon, if you're going to quote be at least quote the full thing?

15 years online of a successful consistently updated server - ye sure, big achievement especially if it still has a decent user count.

However, that really isn't the case for p69, tell me the last time there was an update to that server?

Like I said, to leave a host running is not hard, just stupid and a waste of money. The reason no1 else has done it / will do it is because no1 is that stupid to do it..

still waiting for anyone to come close to the 15 years of server life.

longest lasting server you hosted? 'if anyone can do it' ?
read above not going to repeat myself.
longest server I've hosted is probably 2 years, because typically Mir (high rate) has a 6-18 month life span (well, most games do actually) and its more profitable, more fun, generates more interest (the list goes on) to start up a new project..

I can't believe I'm even having this conversation if im honest.

You think WoW would still be going if just left it for 15 years without updating like Scorp?
Why do you think Call of Duty / Battlefield etc all release a new reskinned version of the same game every year?

Marble will close and bring out a new server
Chronicles will close and bring out a new server
Heck if I can be arsed fiveheroes will probably close and ill bring out a new server.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

been testing it for a while now, doubt I'll play the released game, current EXP is 10x just for the beta ( unsure what release EXP will be...)

It'll be alright for all the unemployed people that still play Mir... ;)

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

Dude, stop giving away my plans!!!

Next you'll tell them the actual closing day *cough* 15th April...

In all seriousness I hope it works out for him.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003

been testing it for a while now, doubt I'll play the released game, current EXP is 10x just for the beta ( unsure what release EXP will be...)

It'll be alright for all the unemployed people that still play Mir... ;)

The unemployed people should be job hunting, not oma hunting :(

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

Dude, stop giving away my plans!!!

Next you'll tell them the actual closing day *cough* 15th April...

In all seriousness I hope it works out for him.
dude wtf thats when i'm releasing oldskool v2... I thought we was going to stagger our releases for maximum cash cow experience? :k.

Havok

likes to charge back
Apr 12, 2015

what will the exp rate be on live ?

LordLucas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 13, 2003

"More to come
More skill details will be released as the game nears launch " 10 Skills per class seems quite low to launch around 20 would be better but your website does claim more will be announced before release?? Release is only like a week away just wondering.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex

"More to come
More skill details will be released as the game nears launch " 10 Skills per class seems quite low to launch around 20 would be better but your website does claim more will be announced before release?? Release is only like a week away just wondering.

To be fair 10 is ample for this style, it forces people to level to better all spells and not just gain one.

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England

The way skills work on here is never seen before, you actually have to hunt to achieve skills points to use where and what ever you want to, skills also level to 10 as in 10 skill points per skill, not standing in sz afk lvling skills, kinda like WoW skill point system.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

^^ A lot of idea's i feel been stolen off wow, including their Logo design on the website its literally basically copied with a different name lol.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

Cmon, if you're going to quote be at least quote the full thing?

15 years online of a successful consistently updated server - ye sure, big achievement especially if it still has a decent user count.

However, that really isn't the case for p69, tell me the last time there was an update to that server?

Like I said, to leave a host running is not hard, just stupid and a waste of money. The reason no1 else has done it / will do it is because no1 is that stupid to do it..

read above not going to repeat myself.
longest server I've hosted is probably 2 years, because typically Mir (high rate) has a 6-18 month life span (well, most games do actually) and its more profitable, more fun, generates more interest (the list goes on) to start up a new project..

I can't believe I'm even having this conversation if im honest.

You think WoW would still be going if just left it for 15 years without updating like Scorp?
Why do you think Call of Duty / Battlefield etc all release a new reskinned version of the same game every year?

Chronicles will close and bring out a new server
Heck if I can be arsed fiveheroes will probably close and ill bring out a new server.

Before Arcadia was released (2013 - so P69 had already been running 10+ years) there was updates. Was that still pointless and not an achievement? I don't really understand what you're being bitter about.

^^ A lot of idea's i feel been stolen off wow, including their Logo design on the website its literally basically copied with a different name lol.

This whole forum is about ripping stuff from other games bro.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

Before Arcadia was released (2013 - so P69 had already been running 10+ years) there was updates. Was that still pointless and not an achievement? I don't really understand what you're being bitter about.

This whole forum is about ripping stuff from other games bro.
Still, Make your own logo design hardly massively hard. Scorps a smart man atleast thought he'd have his advertisement upto standards.

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England

And so what? The work these guys have put into this server is unreal tbh, watch a couple live streams it's pretty awesome.

I just hope it's not all thrown away with a ridiculous GameShop.

<SOSO>

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 8, 2012

And so what? The work these guys have put into this server is unreal tbh, watch a couple live streams it's pretty awesome.

I just hope it's not all thrown away with a ridiculous GameShop.

Same...back when I was playing p69, u couldnt get for example teleportring anywhere else but the GS. It wasnt in any dropfile...it was kinda expensive and u couldnt repair it. So when it went from 5/5 @ 0/5 (red), u had to buy another. And it was a must if u were a high lvl + geared up char and u could solo some bosses like valkyre :)
O , yea ...and if u dropped it on floor it disappeared.