Rise of the Archons [2.6+] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

SilvaRoberto

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014
Re: Rise of the Archons - Rule of the Arcane Lords

Looking forward to having a crack on this enjoyed arcadia although im not big on high rates.
Should of been open beta i think, there's only handful of players and not much footage to go on.
Also hope for a cash shop similar to marble i think jamie got that as close to fair as it could ever be

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England

The only other downer is stalls.... I can't stand stalls!!!!! Give me a TM any day over fking stalls -.-

SilvaRoberto

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014

The only other downer is stalls.... I can't stand stalls!!!!! Give me a TM any day over fking stalls -.-

yep its so dull searching through 30+ stalls in sz when u could just scroll through a TM

kevin87

Prime Сasual Dating - True Females
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 11, 2005
GB

yeh GG shop items should be able to get without having to donate, GG shop should be there for the people that dont want to waste time hunting for it.

i have to say the stall system was abit dull but at the same time if someone had a good deal and u clicked there stall first u got the better chance of getting it. (also bumps up the user count when ur alt if the stall hahaha (the real reason))

yes marbles GG shop has been the must fair GG shop ive seen on any server, most if not all items are craftable.

i thought arcadia's GG shop was okay till i found out it takes days to get book drops camping one boss, i advise you dont go down this route for this server.

as long as your GG shop aint to over powered ill be joining the server

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014

yep its so dull searching through 30+ stalls in sz when u could just scroll through a TM

Agreed this serves no other purpose than boosting "active" user count. Would much prefer to see an auction house system that offers buy it nows, auctions and is a way to slowly drain money from the economy.
Having to scroll through 20-30 different stalls is extremely time consuming and a system very much of decades gone by!

Also from the footage I've seen the shops display everything they have as single items? Was this just for beta/still being worked on? Having to hover over each and every item to see its stats/requirements again is time consuming. The shop system in other servers seems better having a single item visible then a list of any of that item available/"buy back" style systems.

Marbles in game shop is the best I've seen I usually credit maybe £10 a month, however knowing what I was buying was permanent encouraged me to invest more. Also everything being craftable that's available in the game gold shop, genius!

Exciting times none the less, been a long time since someones tried such an ambitious overhaul of Mirs game.

1westy1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 10, 2004

Although I do like the Marble shop, you can get +25% XP, +25% Drop, +7agility etc etc just from spending money. Really gives a huge advantage. And although the items are craftable, it's not worth the time invested. On a good day, you can make a +15% 24h xp potion for 1.5mill (usually more). The time you'd spend earning the gold to buy the ingredients, you could have spent leveling and have earned more XP than you would get with the 15% xp bonus. In other words, you'd gain more XP leveling than if you farmed the materials to get the XP bonus.

If you're going to charge people for +xp, +drop and +stat, make it only permanent buffs. That way, it's always worth the time for people looking to craft them in game.

<SOSO>

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 8, 2012

Well yea, stalls improve U/C for those who didnt know arcadia was/is "?" full of stalls...
Marble TrustMerch is v user friendly. You can just write part of the item's name and results will appear. Also u can just type the name of a char and u will see everything tht char is selling in TM. Here it shows tht Jamie actually played mir and knows how time consuming some things are.

Fusion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Ireland

Sorry to spam your thread:devilish:

Why does no one put this effort into Mir 3..... 8 classes that's crazy, i know noting about Mir 2 tired it once but was not a fan but some of the content i have seen is with bosses and fishing etc is great

Noob questions what are the 8 classes
War
Tao
Sin
Wiz
Archer
Monk?

Thanks in advance

Also best of luck with new server

Cheers

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005

Why does no one put this effort into Mir 3..... 8 classes that's crazy, i know noting about Mir 2 tired it once but was not a fan but some of the content i have seen is with bosses and fishing etc is great

War
Tao
Sin
Wiz
Archer
Monk?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

its because mir3 dont have large comunity or alot of developers how mir2 have

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England

War - barbarian
Tao - mystic
Sin - assassin
Wiz - pyromancer
Archer - hunter
Monk - Monk

Thanks in advance

Cheers

necromancer & stormcaller

Last edited:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

its because mir3 dont have large comunity or alot of developers how mir2 have

Choosing Mir 2 over Mir 3 is the safest choice, Yes, there is more competition but its the unknown factor of how many people are interested in Mir 3.

<SOSO>

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 8, 2012

According to asian folks, probably 200 k or more lol. Unfortunately in the rest of the world it's pretty dead :/
I'm more of a mir2 guy also...

Hit up wiki aaaand...
Didnt know tht throughout its course mir2 +3 had over 120 million registered accounts. Impressive :)

Last edited:

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005

Choosing Mir 2 over Mir 3 is the safest choice, Yes, there is more competition but its the unknown factor of how many people are interested in Mir 3.

we could debate about why is the safest choice and the unkown factor, but this isnt the topic were we should :P

HeadHunter

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 18, 2007
Stoke, UK

According to asian folks, probably 200 k or more lol. Unfortunately in the rest of the world it's pretty dead :/
I'm more of a mir2 guy also...

Hit up wiki aaaand...
Didnt know tht throughout its course mir2 +3 had over 120 million registered accounts. Impressive :)

I wouldn't always believe what I read on Wikipedia, rumour has it that Tai has his own page as 'supreme overlord'.

Interesting to see what's been going on with the game on the other side of the world though. Good to see LOMCN is on the wiki also.

http://mir3.sdo.com/web6/home/home.asp

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005

I wouldn't always believe what I read on Wikipedia, rumour has it that Tai has his own page as 'supreme overlord'.

Interesting to see what's been going on with the game on the other side of the world though. Good to see LOMCN is on the wiki also.

http://mir3.sdo.com/web6/home/home.asp

what impressed me the most is the fountain with coins ( throw in the fountain and get random buff ) or that quest cursor that shows you on wich direction to go to find NPC

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

Mir3 would be alot bigger with a decent set of files with a source code (like mir2) only reason mir 2 is alot bigger is because the endless content.
Mir3 is limited in its current state.

LordLucas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 13, 2003

To be fair 10 is ample for this style, it forces people to level to better all spells and not just gain one.

I understand but 10 just feels a little empty I'd like to know what the skills are planned even if they implement it to help decide what I want to play!

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005

Mir3 would be alot bigger with a decent set of files with a source code (like mir2) only reason mir 2 is alot bigger is because the endless content.
Mir3 is limited in its current state.

not for much time m8

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014

Been asking this for years as Mir 3 had a lot more polish and customisation options (dying armours etc) but it never seems to get off the ground or attract much attention which is a crying shame as some of the features and systems available in the LOM3 client were pretty cool!

However credit where credit is due and it seems some of those features have made it into LOM2 over the years.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

War
Tao
Sin
Wiz
Archer
Monk?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

because mir is dying, if 10 people play your server, you need one of each class to be able to progress most likely... one class heals, one class poisons, one class revives.... you get the jist of it...