Rise of the Archons [2.6+] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

HeadHunter

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 18, 2007
Stoke, UK
Re: Rise of the Archons - Rule of the Arcane Lords

nah literally just kiled hooking cats

Sounds like his 'anti-hacking' system is picking you up as a cheat.

It seems to check automatically distance covered in a certain space of time.

Try walking and killing hooking cats!

deathking

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2011

alt tabbed the game to use internet in backround, opend back up and 'character suspended for 1 day' so if changing music on youtube is cheating then hes caught me out..

deathking

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2011

usercounts here though;)

HeadHunter

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 18, 2007
Stoke, UK

alt tabbed the game to use internet in backround, opend back up and 'character suspended for 1 day' so if changing music on youtube is cheating then hes caught me out..

alt+tab

Sounds like some sort of wizardry...

Sorry

Audrey
Dedicated Member
Apr 13, 2011

I have read the majority of comments, i even hit the like button with the majority of things that i have agreed with, i dont know if my opinion matters or not but i will have to say this server built alot of hype and it did not live to the expectations of people.

For over the years i did play a fair few servers... but sadly Archons is not what people expected, and i decided to quit the server myself, after trying to give it more chances, i noticed it's a waste of time. This comment is not to put people off, actually when i want to play a Mir server i do read people's opinions on it and even if it's alot of negativity i still try it, i need to see for myself how things work out and see if i will play it or not, but different people have different opinions i guess.

Andy thinks people are trying to bash his server and trying to make new comers not join, actualy some people are giving honest opinions, there is poor comunication from GM's with players, the updateds that come are minor fixes that should have not even been ingame since day 1 hence there was a beta testing ... But the beta testing was done only by 6-10 people ? ... Even so those people said and pointed out many things and GM's did not take in consderation to fix them yet they released the server.

Baning people on Forums and Ingame because people care about the game yet Andy comes and saying people hate the game, they don't hate it, if they would have hated it they would have not played the game in the first place. I knew from day 1 that with so many classes balance will be an issue on the server, a really big one:

1 Archers are curently in-game but they are useles and even GM's said they will remain useless untill they will be reworked... this should have not happened if things were tested properly

2 Balances, there is no balance on the server at all, at the moment Pyro/Mystic are the most OP classes on the server. Alot of people complained about this have came with ideeas and suggestions wich GM's did not take in consideration actualy in 1 update after people said that Mytic ( wich is suposed to be a suport class ) is to OP , Gm made an updated and actually HP buffed Mysitcs for some reason ( i think something doggy was going on there with that small hp buff that was not needed ) . There are 2 videos by some random guy on those forums claming he is good at PK by pushing 2 buttons on his OP class, showing how OP is a Pyro and how he can 1 / 2 shot anybody, yet nothing has been made about it.
At first Stormcaller was OP with his 2 skills Frost Crunch and Frozen Ground as they purpled / blue alot and there was almost no chance for any other class to beat a Stormcaller, untill GM nerfed the class to **** saying FC and FG will no longer purple/blue as much and as often IN PVP ONLY. Guess what FC / FG is no longer doing it in PVE too, also never seen FC/FG blue at all but GM is denying this... but never logged in-game to test for himself and see for himself it's not working as he is saying.it is.
Could write about other classes too but Cba maybe some other people that play the other classes cand provide some proper feed back. Regarding the powerful Pyro class and 1-2 shoting people, the responese / fix from the GM was a small HP buff to all clases wich guess what, it didnt fix the problem, the problem still exists.

3 Hunting, as a solo player you can't do much, you can kill Blue mobs ( they are normal mobs but have a blue aura ) it's said that they have a chance of droping something rare, wich i never ever in my life got from them but heard stories from people that they had drops from them, Golden mobs ( they are normal mobs / subs that have a gold aura, alot of hp and crazy **** stats ) At first it was hard to kill these even in groups of 10+ people because at low hp the regen they had was crazy and they never droped anything good, so was just a waste of time and pots killing these.
After many complains the GM's actualy for once did listen to the comunity and made them a bit easier so the solo people can have something to hunt as you cant touch bosses alone, Also with the usercount going down fast people cant realy hunt anything else, i think there is only 1 guild or 2 that can and still kill bosses, the rest just look for Golden/Blue mobs to kill and hope for a drop. Zuma Temple, Stone Temple, Bug Cave are droping better then other new caves like the caves from Prajna Island.
Going to a boss is a big no no on this server, if you dont have a big grp you cant do them, due to crazy stats like AC AMC ACC AGIL and HP regen... also they have crazy HP. IF you go with a grp and you're " lucky " to find a boss with Blue or Gold aura you can say goodbye to that boss as thre is no way on earth you can kill it, The other day we had a grp of 10+ people (cant remember the exact number of how many of us were there ) we all had good gear and lvl we have all classes and found a Blue ZT with 400k HP? ( corect me if i'm wrong cant remember the exact ammout of HP it was something between 400-450k hp ) we took down about 50k hp from him to find out that we will reamain out of pots and wont be able to kill it and even if we had the pots it was posibly we could have not killed him since the crazy regen when they get on low hp.
We had EC for a long time unkillable... Gold/Blue Aura mobs in PI map drop nothing never ( heard stories from people saying they had drops, never seen myself in all the thousands of mobs i killed there )

4 Drops, Armours and Weapons drops are messed up close to lvl 40 still wearing the lvl 22 armour because there seems to be droping only some certian classes armours ... and if there will ever be an armour that you need in the shop it will be at a crazy price something like 600-800k money that from my experience is something really hard to make as you can't really sell things in TM. you can place in TM only 10 items and most of them even with good stats and low prices don't sell, because not many people play the game.

Regarding the usercount 65% of the usercount is from People that sit afk in sz all day everyday, to chat or just to get rested EXP, you get more rested EXP if you stay logged ingame then you get if you're offline, if it was to remove the rested exp from beying AFK in sz, the usercount would drop dead ! Sorry but this is the truth, that's the only thing that keeps the user-count up.

After a massive **** up and so many problems alredy in-game we have the pleasure of having a 16h rewind wich was rewarded with a few hours of EXP event and 3 EXP pots that will expire in 1 week. I do agree, with the rewind as it was needed because of the infulux of OP items that were made due to the GM's introducing things ingame and not testing them.

People started to rage on forums and throw dirt at the GM's so the reply from them was banning people for being mad...

I myself can only say that i'm really dissapointed with the server, it's not what it wants to be, it's a waste of time and money for others sadly, they promise that the server will last for long time, but if Jamie would plan to update his server now or if Ben would release a server in the next week Archons would drop dead to 0 users ... and this is only the sad truth, the only reason some other people still play it now is because they dont have something better to play, and from what i have hear Jamie is not updating his server anymore wich had a bigger potential then Archons.

I can only hope that people will wake up and see that Archons is in some deepshit right now, and for some reason i expect Andy to wipe it at some point becase i cant see him come back out of this mess the server is in, at lvl 40 you're geting killed in low lvl caves and other things.

I will have to apologise for any kind of typos, or if my senteces are not corect, i'm not a native english speaking guy... If you wish to join the server and give it a go read trough the comments as you will find alot of useful info and you might save yourself some time, and not waste it on something that is alredy dead

Pace

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017

well said Audrey

Jamie is still updating his server though

Sorry

Audrey
Dedicated Member
Apr 13, 2011

well said Audrey

Jamie is still updating his server though

Could have said more things, but it was really late i was tired and was thinking i'm not makings any sense, but anyone is free to improve what i have said. Regarding Jamie's server i heard he has given up on up-dating it and that is why most people came on Arch from there as he himself was playing Arch, so dunno what really happened for sure. anyway guess it's time to laylow again and wait for a good mir server to play something to keep us entertained for at least 1 year +

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017

Could have said more things, but it was really late i was tired and was thinking i'm not makings any sense, but anyone is free to improve what i have said. Regarding Jamie's server i heard he has given up on up-dating it and that is why most people came on Arch from there as he himself was playing Arch, so dunno what really happened for sure. anyway guess it's time to laylow again and wait for a good mir server to play something to keep us entertained for at least 1 year +

naw i think your post pretty much nails it

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

Clearly not 65% of people afk in SZ, majority of people left playing Mir can't let go. If 65% of here was just " afk in sz " then other server like marble / chronicles would be back at around 100 atleast. People just pluck random ****ing numbers out of the air

Sorry

Audrey
Dedicated Member
Apr 13, 2011

Clearly not 65% of people afk in SZ, majority of people left playing Mir can't let go. If 65% of here was just " afk in sz " then other server like marble / chronicles would be back at around 100 atleast. People just pluck random ****ing numbers out of the air

I did not pluck random numbers out of the air, i did play Archons and i know how the past 2 weeks have been, i wanted myself to quit earlier but i kept saying to myself that it might get better, but insted it's geting worst everyday, if you think i pluck random numbers go on the server go in PI and count all the people afk there, then go in MW count all the people afk there, go in Bichon you will find 4-5 afk there too, go in border you will find there another 5+ users afk go count them all and then see how many users are online on the server and see how many are afk and how many actualy play it.

Like i said before i didnt comment on here to make the server look bad everything i said is pure reality, i actualy love Mir it's my first MMO that i have ever played and was my first " online love " if that's the corect word, that's why i always come back and give it a go... because at times it can be fun, but when a server gets you bored and makes you stay afk all day and have no interest in doing nothing, because you cant do to much ... then it means it's bad, the best servers out there at least from my pov were p69, it was a big succes and was really fun to play it at that time back in the days, MR was entertaining too and kept me playing for alot of time, 3h / 4h were beasts and i can truly say i never enjoyed any server like i enjoyed those not even chronicles wich i played for more them then i played 3h/4h, i never played OldSkool but i heard it was a massive succes. Anyway i played alot of server and cant remember all of the names.

Again from my pov and my only opinion the best servers out there were made by Ben and his team and Samuel and his team, they were massive successes and kept people etertained, sure they were not perfect, nothing is perfect in this world but at least they delivered something for the comunity to enjoy also they were more profesional when it came to comunity sugestions and they let people know about updates and what's happening to the server, unlike here where we had to wait for 1 week just to hear that the GM is on a trip @ the world ( could have posted before leaving so people know what's happenind but he didnt )

fanyi12345

LOMCN n00bie
Jun 3, 2017

I did not pluck random numbers out of the air, i did play Archons and i know how the past 2 weeks have been, i wanted myself to quit earlier but i kept saying to myself that it might get better, but insted it's geting worst everyday, if you think i pluck random numbers go on the server go in PI and count all the people afk there, then go in MW count all the people afk there, go in Bichon you will find 4-5 afk there too, go in border you will find there another 5+ users afk go count them all and then see how many users are online on the server and see how many are afk and how many actualy play it.

Like i said before i didnt comment on here to make the server look bad everything i said is pure reality, i actualy love Mir it's my first MMO that i have ever played and was my first " online love " if that's the corect word, that's why i always come back and give it a go... because at times it can be fun, but when a server gets you bored and makes you stay afk all day and have no interest in doing nothing, because you cant do to much ... then it means it's bad, the best servers out there at least from my pov were p69, it was a big succes and was really fun to play it at that time back in the days, MR was entertaining too and kept me playing for alot of time, 3h / 4h were beasts and i can truly say i never enjoyed any server like i enjoyed those not even chronicles wich i played for more them then i played 3h/4h, i never played OldSkool but i heard it was a massive succes. Anyway i played alot of server and cant remember all of the names.

Again from my pov and my only opinion the best servers out there were made by Ben and his team and Samuel and his team, they were massive successes and kept people etertained, sure they were not perfect, nothing is perfect in this world but at least they delivered something for the comunity to enjoy also they were more profesional when it came to comunity sugestions and they let people know about updates and what's happening to the server, unlike here where we had to wait for 1 week just to hear that the GM is on a trip @ the world ( could have posted before leaving so people know what's happenind but he didnt )

U nailed it. thx for the post :P we are still waiting for a good server too :P hope see you in there XD

Sorry

Audrey
Dedicated Member
Apr 13, 2011

U nailed it. thx for the post :P we are still waiting for a good server too :P hope see you in there XD

I'm playing on Marble atm, it has so many cool features i cant even understand how did people actualy leave Marble for this ... but oh well the hype was to big i guess :)

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017

I'm playing on Marble atm, it has so many cool features i cant even understand how did people actualy leave Marble for this ... but oh well the hype was to big i guess :)

yeah marble's usercount is a shame, considering how advanced marble is

but people left it because they disagreed with the introduction of charms, the easter event giving the hardcore top players luck+7, as well as people getting burnt out faster than new content can be produced

Sorry

Audrey
Dedicated Member
Apr 13, 2011

but people left it because they disagreed with the introduction of charms, the easter event giving the hardcore top players luck+7, as well as people getting burnt out faster than new content can be produced

Oh i see, didnt know that, i heard stories as in Jamie was gone to play on Archons and stoped updating the game etc... well end of the day, i'm playing there and i do enjoy it @ lvl 40, got much more things to do and keep me entertained, i play it casualy not as hard-core as before, and i see i can enjoy it more then if i would play it hard-core. all in all it's a nice server and has alot of things to offer wish, maybe when people will see archons stops to deliver ( if they didnt see this untill now and keep hoping it will be better one day ) maybe then they will come back on marble to casualy have fun and relax =)

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

Marble in the best place it's ever been right now, Charm are easy to get your hands on Noob bosses drop charms now, 44 armours drop a lot, Gem are plenty, also luck 7 is easy to obtain. Real shame jamie is doing these tiny updates like oks etc. A big cave like Hell opening right now could kick start the server over again with how easy it is to catch up.

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017

just a quick update,

a user on the archons forum asked what the server status was like as he was thinking about hopping in, so i gave my opinion that it wasn't doing too well and dropped from 400 users to 60 in only 2 months, i also pasted Audrey's well written and great post up above as it really sums up the situation well.

within minutes the admin on the forum edited my comment to say "It doing pretty well now. Just had a few big revamps and updates things balancing out well. welcome back"

it's unbelievable, no hesitation, no ethics, just within minutes he edited my comment to lie to his users

pic related:
http://i.imgur.com/8NCDvpp.png

will give an update if my post is further altered without my permission, perhaps check on your own post history on their forums to see if your posts have been changed too

edit:

the admin stalks the forums quite religiously, my forum account is still active but posting rights removed, and my post has yet again been altered to only say "
It doing pretty well now. Just had a few big revamps and updates things balancing out well. welcome back"

Last edited:

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester

News just in: Forum Admin is ACTIVE and reaping havoc with all of "Nigel Farage's" accounts.

You are such a loser lol take the hint we don't want you trolling our forum when you don't have a clue what is going on

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017

News just in: Forum Admin is ACTIVE and reaping havoc with all of "Nigel Farage's" accounts.

You are such a loser lol take the hint we don't want you trolling our forum when you don't have a clue what is going on

what's the matter, can't edit or ban my account to lie to everybody on LOMCN huh? go back to your safe space where you can edit comments

and i don't bother checking your forum or posting on it and certainly don't troll on it, because, truth be told, it's a very slow server that has no activity any more

it really is just your fault for not being able to handle criticism very well, anybody with a grain of knowledge knows it's not good business acumen

edit:

for the second time in a row, my ip address has been banned from the forums

for anybody who wants to play on this server, ask yourself if this is somebody you want working on your server, somebody that is butthurt and censors, edits and bans anybody that disagrees with him, constantly lying and spends more time on the forums than working on his server

Last edited: