Rise of the Archons [2.6+] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
When the ancient rulers of the Old Kingdoms were defeated by the Arcane Lords, they fell into exile for millennia. The human race was almost forgotten and only the strong survived, eventually the bloodlines were reforged, and the time came for — the Rise of the Archons.

Rise of the Archons is feature rich, and will keep you busy for hours at a time. Some of the more exciting aspects are explained below. Check them out!

Eight character classes
The eight character classes in Rise of the Archons can conquer the game alone, or work together harmoniously. Each character has it’s own weaknesses and strengths, and has unique skills and spells. While they can all share items such as rings, bracelets, necklaces and helmets – some items, such as armour, weapons and power sources, are restricted to each classification.
Read more about The eight Archons..

Vast dungeons, distant lands and Beautiful cities
There are 14 Provinces and numerous dungeons all interconnected in a vast open world environment. Players of all classes and creeds, levels and experience are able to interact directly and team up with few limitations on who goes where. Some restrictions however are in place to protect new and low level players.
dungeons.png
Expansive maps and dungeons lay waiting for those brave and strong enough to claim their treasures and defeat their guardians.

Skill Trees
Each character class has his/her own unique skills and spells. These are displayed beautifully in the skill tree. Hover over the skill icons to discover the details of each, showing training requirements, damage ability, and a simple description.

PvP, PvE, guilds, or co-op; play how you like
While Rise of the Archons is designed to be played in large groups, you can still have lots of fun on your own. Many caves have been considered for single player hunting, and while you may not be able to defeat all the bosses alone, you will find some worthy Champion or Super monsters on the way.

Deep Quest system takes you to distant lands
There is a deep quest system that provides three different adventure pathways for players up to level 22. With each of the eight job classes there will be a unique quest-line and story, developing their character and their roles in the universe.

The quests will send you travelling through to the fourteen provinces, each with their dungeons, cities, stories and histories. There will be a mixture of randomised and storyline led quests, none of which are essential to play, yet give you objectives and rewards that will be beneficial on your journey.

Minions and Monsters
Monsters spawn with different levels of intelligence within and outside of their race. In other words, not only are some races more intelligent than others, but there is some difference within species, that ultimately controls their strength and standing within that race. For example the Oma race is more intelligent than a farm animal, but the Wooma race is more intelligent than the Oma.
monsters.png
Some Omas will be more intelligent than other Omas and may be intelligent enough to be able to command a horde. The more intelligent species will be more adept combatants, and are more likely to be carrying precious jewels or trinkets.

Bosses and Lords
Bosses have their own distinguished intelligence, and control a variety of minions. They may have a selection of weapons or spells at their disposal, and will target enemies tactically. Some bosses have the chance to spawn as Champions and will be a mighty challenge to fight. A Champion may only appear once a week and will likely take an army to be defeated – but the rewards will be plentiful.
The Arcane Lords are vengeful
There are 14 Arcane Lords in Archia. Rarely seen, they will occasionally come to the aid of their minions in defence of their kingdoms. The ultimate challenge – only a full group of highly skilled Archons will be able to defeat a Lord.

Epic Battles and Guild Warfare
Battles between Guilds are vast and fast. Guilds at war can claim ownership of cities and castles, demanding tax and generating income to pursue their goals, be it for good or for evil.

Not only will Guilds be fighting for status in this highly competitive game, they will fight over loot, or even for the chance to kill the dungeon’s Boss or Champion. Guilds will also fight for the fun of it, in the hope that they will gain a new treasure or trinket.

Item exchange and Stalls
Most items can be exchanged safely between players using the in game trading system which allows up to ten items plus gold to be traded between parties. This enables a secure method of selling or trading loot that you have found but may no longer need.

Players can also set up Market Stalls to sell their wares, setting specific prices for items ready for other players to come along and buy them. Stalls allow you to set prices in different currencies.

Smart group system
The smart group system offers generous group-share experience as well as a favourable experience split between higher and lower level players, meaning no player is too low and no player is too high to be in any group.

Crafting and loot system
The loot system in Rise of the Archons is regional, meaning that many monsters in a cave or dungeon have the same or very similar drop charts. The only thing that differs is the chance of getting an item drop and the chance of it being imbued.
Much of the items dropped by monsters will be imbued with magical properties. Furthermore unique item names make for exciting item builds.

All items, magic or not, can be smelted down and used to enhance another item of similar level, and with over 40 types of stat attribute, no item will be the same. Sockets, orbs, and gems can be used to enhance items further, for those lucky enough to find them!

Player Alchemy and Ingredients
Want to be an Alchemist? Collect fallen flowers and leaves, even body parts of the departed and use them to enhance your potions. Many potions and broths can be modified this way and it can be done on the move, so keep an eye out while hunting.

Each type of character class has his own upgradeable handheld trinket. Be it an amulet, a poison bag or a runesphere, these items can also be enhanced with the help of alchemy using special ingredients.

Battle Companions
Recruits and Pets are a key concept in Rise of the Archons. Many job classes such as the Necromancer and the Mystic have the ability to summon minions or raise the dead to their own ends. Other classes may rely on recruiting Mercenaries to aid them in battle.

See you on the FORUM

COMING APRIL 14th 2017

Reactions: noisound

Amrod

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
poland
Re: Rise of the Archons - Rule of the Arcane Lords

this will be for free? o pay for acc?

BeerNMoney

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 9, 2010

Looks good.. 1 question, are you going to disappear like you seem to do on arcadia after a few months?

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK

this will be for free? o pay for acc?
F2P I would suspect,

From all the activity on the forum about your server how come this is the first post you have made Scorp?

Any hoo, GL I shall be trying it out, I'm intrigued with the 8 classes. But severely disappointed I wasn't picked for beta testing. Let's hope that testing has gone well with no potential bugs/exploits

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

Let's hope that testing has gone well with no potential bugs/exploits

I would say that's almost never going to happen with a random group of people, I suspect most of them (if not all of them) just played to gain advantages.

I hope I'm wrong of course...

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

Well, called it.

GL to whomever plays, past server was infested with nothing but pay2win bullshit, but hey it was a fun server, so if you can afford to keep up, you'll be just fine here.

Glad to see at least someone implemented a profession system, though. Bout god damn time.

Last edited:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

Well, called it.

GL to whomever plays, past server was infested with nothing but pay2win bullshit, but hey it was a fun server, so if you can afford to keep up, you'll be just fine here.

Well for all we know, might not actually be a server, never heard from anyone that was actually part of the "beta test". (Just saying; Like not even a screenshot was posted)

iDareYou

LOMCN n00bie
Feb 28, 2017

Well for all we know, might not actually be a server, never heard from anyone that was actually part of the "beta test". (Just saying; Like not even a screenshot was posted)

lol

there were many people streaming the beta tho =)

/Zeus

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

not done much looking around but does anyone know what files this server is ran on?

also il be giving this a go on release gl with server @scorp

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

not done much looking around but does anyone know what files this server is ran on?

also il be giving this a go on release gl with server @scorp

All we I know is that it's Delphi (Win XP or higher).

Cookie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 13, 2016
West Yorkshire, UK

So far from reading all I see is Arcadia server slowed down by 50 times ...

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

Well, called it.

Glad to see at least someone implemented a profession system, though. Bout god damn time.
I'm sure everyone gets that you're heavily invested and love marble but your slating thet server before its even gone live lol

ive never played any of scrops servers, but you cant deny his reputation hes always done servers that draws in a large audience and i can't see this being any different, im sure he'll steal plenty of players from various servers online.

i mean it looks like lots of effort has gone into the server and from face value looks like it could easily be top of the usercount... but until you get ingame and start playing it and give it a few months you just never know!

its a shame its the old delphi files but still, good luck scorp

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

slating thet server before its even gone live lol

On the contrary, I said his servers have been fun and praised him for adding in something nobody else has... but facts remain facts, he's like Lapta on steroids in terms of £.

Yeah, I guess we'll just have to find out for ourselves, it's possible he's learned from his mistakes.

Havok

likes to charge back
Apr 12, 2015

seems good can't w8 why is there so much negativity if u aint gona play ;) i dont use tweaks so i may be at a dissavantage but hey still worth a try

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK

On the contrary, I said his servers have been fun and praised him for adding in something nobody else has... but facts remain facts, he's like Lapta on steroids in terms of £.

Yeah, I guess we'll just have to find out for ourselves, it's possible he's learned from his mistakes.

A bit unfair to claim Scorp is like Lapta, Lapta claimed other people's work as his own and then tried to take Server Owners, Including LOMCN to court because of the Game Name if memory serves right.

I have never played Scorps Servers long enough to see the P2W side, Scorp has worked very hard getting his source to the standard they are currently in, If people want to donate to his servers then that's down to them.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

not being funny but that is 99% of server owners these days.. infact its 99% of any game owner, be it a MMO like WoW or an iPhone app - everything is centred around money I'm afraid.

If these game's didnt focus on the £ then they wouldn't exist. The amount of effort that goes into them they deserve to reap the rewards.

Every server you've played has had a game shop to make money, its not a big thing any more, its the standard

also harsh to compare him to lapta, lapta was a nob.. I've never even spoken to scorp tbh lol

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

Hey, I'm just talking from experience of countless years played on his servers, but perhaps that's not objective of me.

I wish the guy the best of luck.