Rise of the Archons [2.6+] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017
Re: Rise of the Archons - Rule of the Arcane Lords

Good to know you don't care about editing users posts to lie to people on your forum.

You call it a sabotage post. That's overdramatic, a user asks for opinions on the server and I stated an undisputable fact that the usercount fell from 400 to 70, along with Audrey's summary.

You can't shake it off as trolling, editing user comments is what Spez did as Admin of Reddit, and he lost a lot of credibility and trust from it, and had to apologise. Can't trust anything posted on your forums any more, can we? Or anything else that you control.

And yeah good job providing servers to the community, you'd do a good job if you only worked on coding and design and never interacted with the community.

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester

Okay last one! Will break it down for you so I don't need to repeat

1) You saw post, took your opportunity and created (yet another) user profile with the sole intention of sabotaging someone playing the game. (see join date and post date https://www.riseofthearchons.com/forum/member/1066-sprunti)

2) Fallen from 400 to 70? Server has consistent 100+ each evening (dramatic enough probably) but another indication of your intentions

3) The person was asking for honest opinions regarding recent events, you quoted a post from a month ago

4) You have not played for a long time, thus has no opinion that matters to someone who wants to know how the game is

Thanks for the compliment, albeit contradictory to your opinions

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017

If you keep saying sabotage I'm going to keep saying overdramatic, I want to be part of the discussion and had relevant information for the user asking for it.
If you felt that way, why didn't you post in the thread arguing against me instead of controlling the narrative through editing my posts?

And I don't see how my compliment was contradictory.

looking1

LOMCN Member
Jun 22, 2017

Hi

---------- Post Merged on 29-06-2017 at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 28-06-2017 at 11:15 PM -----

Last edited:

KillerMan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 12, 2009

At first I assumed nigel was trying to push Andy's button, however after what occured recently. I completely think people should take precautions on Andy's server. He's passing personal information to other users without their knowledge or consent. I don't necessary need to reveal myself, since he knows exactly who I am.

I will be awaiting for him to get in touch and give me a valid reason for why he has decided to do this before making incident public knowledge

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017

At first I assumed nigel was trying to push Andy's button, however after what occured recently. I completely think people should take precautions on Andy's server. He's passing personal information to other users without their knowledge or consent. I don't necessary need to reveal myself, since he knows exactly who I am.

I will be awaiting for him to get in touch and give me a valid reason for why he has decided to do this before making incident public knowledge

well besides that it was pretty creepy that he used our emails from the arcadia server registrations to advertise archons in the first place by sending us all an email about it

god knows what else he's been looking at, paypal donations would give him access to your address and name as well, if i'm not mistaken?

KillerMan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 12, 2009

well besides that it was pretty creepy that he used our emails from the arcadia server registrations to advertise archons in the first place by sending us all an email about it

god knows what else he's been looking at, paypal donations would give him access to your address and name as well, if i'm not mistaken?

I don't want to say too much until hearing his side of the story but he had no right.

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester

No idea what you are talking about, and sorry but no idea who you are. Care to enlighten me?

The only personal information we store are email addresses, password and names as that is all that is required on the registration form. All passwords are encrypted with BCrypt

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

He has nothing to gain from giving out people's personal information, you think he would risk being banned from advertising here and destroying a fan base hes built up for 16 years over passing somebody details out. Pretty sure you've gotten the wrong end of the stick somewhere, i've played his server since 1.4 P69 when a irl friend braught in a copy on a disc ( that long ago ) and never once hurd him give out any sort of details. Im sure when he was younger he used to sell on Banned account's but he would of edited all the id / pass / emails before passing out.

Seems like people are just trying to sabotage his work at this point, Andy gets so much **** and never no praise for what hes done for Private Mir servers.

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017

He has nothing to gain from giving out people's personal information, you think he would risk being banned from advertising here and destroying a fan base hes built up for 16 years over passing somebody details out. Pretty sure you've gotten the wrong end of the stick somewhere, i've played his server since 1.4 P69 when a irl friend braught in a copy on a disc ( that long ago ) and never once hurd him give out any sort of details. Im sure when he was younger he used to sell on Banned account's but he would of edited all the id / pass / emails before passing out.

Seems like people are just trying to sabotage his work at this point, Andy gets so much **** and never no praise for what hes done for Private Mir servers.

apparently killerman thinks he already has passed on information

we'll have to see what he says

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

I'd put my life on it that its a misunderstanding Andy has 0 to gain from leaking somebody's information lol.. He has had donations off Lkira on Arcadia which is a millionaire and also has a massive Arab fan base, why the **** would he pass some random scrubs details out ? Benefits him in 0 ways.

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017

that's to assume he's a 24/7 rational economic person (consistently rational and narrowly self-interested agents who usually pursue their subjectively-defined ends optimally)

and also, the motivation of flaunting and showing off to friends or something could be a desire

KillerMan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 12, 2009

No idea what you are talking about, and sorry but no idea who you are. Care to enlighten me?

The only personal information we store are email addresses, password and names as that is all that is required on the registration form. All passwords are encrypted with BCrypt

You've released private information regarding me to another user. If you still don't know who I am then its an indication you've been doing this for a while now. I will contact you later on today explaining the incident.

Sabotage? If i wanted to sabotage his server I would of revealed the incident in public, instead of awaiting for him to get in touch with me and try to resolve the incident in an private manner. Also, I have never told anyone not to play his server, instead take precautions while playing. Far from trying to sabotage his server.

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017

troubling tbh, it's a shame

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester

You've released private information regarding me to another user. If you still don't know who I am then its an indication you've been doing this for a while now. I will contact you later on today explaining the incident.

Sabotage? If i wanted to sabotage his server I would of revealed the incident in public, instead of awaiting for him to get in touch with me and try to resolve the incident in an private manner. Also, I have never told anyone not to play his server, instead take precautions while playing. Far from trying to sabotage his server.

Keep dancing around it if you want then. As I said all we have are user names, emails and passwords. None of which are ever revealed by me to anyone - we have a password reset on the website and I have no benefit in giving away your email.

It sounds like someone is trolling you.

Please feel free to contact us with your complaint and provide more details though.