[Other] Project ART: What do you think?

smoochy boys on tour

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Guys, I've been developing a Mir3 MMO Remake for quite a while now

The thread is quite well hidden in the DEV section so I post a reference here.

Tell me what you think!

- What do you think of its looks so far?
- Would you play it?
- What would you want to see implemented next?
- Would you donate in order see this game go live?

http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthre...a-Legend-of-Mir-remake-(wip)-opinions-wanted!

View attachment 18313

so far it looks nice, i dont know what assets you have, monsters doesnt look like mir2/3 at all or even the hero you used in the test

- Would you play it?
definately, but as a mobile platform game

maybe you should add new maps, maps connections, monsters, spells etc, then can focus on implementing graphics.. as you can see the tiles on province wall looks too stretchy

Your project is very nice because you took a step further and try add some 3d into our mir2/3

zahnstocher

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 7, 2009
so far it looks nice, i dont know what assets you have, monsters doesnt look like mir2/3 at all or even the hero you used in the test

- Would you play it?
definately, but as a mobile platform game

maybe you should add new maps, maps connections, monsters, spells etc, then can focus on implementing graphics.. as you can see the tiles on province wall looks too stretchy

Your project is very nice because you took a step further and try add some 3d into our mir2/3

Thank you for your input.

Building Mir for a mobile platform could proove quite challenging. Not because of technical issues but because of the gameplay. I just don't see myself playing a game where I have to press up to 12 different screen buttons in a combat situation.. It would have to be adapted quite heavily with only 2-4 active spells remainig for each class. I don't know if that works.. sounds like an open world League of Legends with fewer classes.

Yea those are characters I found on the web for free. Please ignore them until I have got someone who creates a Hooking Cat for me ;)

Map connection is already in place and almost complete. might be part of a soon to come release.

There are no tiles, these are 3D models created in Blender. I'm not sure I know what you mean.. (?)

Don't you think gameplay is most important at first? make A fight/battle feel as Mir-like as possible?

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Thank you for your input.

Building Mir for a mobile platform could proove quite challenging. Not because of technical issues but because of the gameplay. I just don't see myself playing a game where I have to press up to 12 different screen buttons in a combat situation.. It would have to be adapted quite heavily with only 2-4 active spells remainig for each class. I don't know if that works.. sounds like an open world League of Legends with fewer classes.

Yea those are characters I found on the web for free. Please ignore them until I have got someone who creates a Hooking Cat for me ;)

Map connection is already in place and almost complete. might be part of a soon to come release.

There are no tiles, these are 3D models created in Blender. I'm not sure I know what you mean.. (?)

Don't you think gameplay is most important at first? make A fight/battle feel as Mir-like as possible?

in my opinion a mir2/3 3d mobile option would have a better succes than a pc version

you got LoL WoW and other games to compete against mir version tbh

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
in my opinion a mir2/3 3d mobile option would have a better succes than a pc version

you got LoL WoW and other games to compete against mir version tbh

I definitely don't think this project is aimed at "competing" against other big mmo's. This is obviously a passion project that will likely only mainly attract Mir and similar MMO fans.

would be a big disservice to Mir to dumb this project down to a pointless mobile game.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
I definitely don't think this project is aimed at "competing" against other big mmo's. This is obviously a passion project that will likely only mainly attract Mir and similar MMO fans.

would be a big disservice to Mir to dumb this project down to a pointless mobile game.

i didnt said to dumb this project but would be nice to see a mobile game ( i know about mir 2 korean version )
and as you said before.. "is obviously a passion project".. wich will take alot of time to develope

i would like to help but im not that good in Unity
a friend of mine did a small project in Unreal engine long time ago, maybe he might help zahnstocher