smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abdozaki

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 22, 2013
Idek?
I think there is no problem with Bon...We can say he only tried to invest his files which he coded/worked hard on it for the monthly income to pay for his website/server you can't blame him on this.

aRKY

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2009
This should of been taken to PM's between Tai/Lomcn and Ben/Bon.

Why would this need to be posted and have a public debate..

Sigh

d1craig

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
one place for mir is what is needed. yes have your own forums ofcourse but atleast give this place the respect you should it is what has made mir last so long.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
one place for mir is what is needed. yes have your own forums ofcourse but atleast give this place the respect you should it is what has made mir last so long.
so obviously people like you are genuinely retarded, haven't even looked at the forum and are just jumping on the band wagon for that oh so important +1 post.

good job.

this is such a stupid thread.

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
If this post wasnt made i wouldnt of even knew 5 heroes had a forum :/

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2015
Good guy Tai advertising fiveheroes.net:devilish:

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Meh, if he wants to gain some dollar by taking free work and adoing to it then so be it, after all that's how LOMCN works... Crystal M2 went from booming to "OH Jamie's changed GFX engine and map editor" (thanks for sharing) and now marble is the preferable engine using C#, which realsiitaly wouldn't exist because the old set of C# files were in a **** state (especially that poor lib conversion ****! How no one noticed the images being degraded was beyond me).

People like myself tend to enjoy the work and appreciation over making a cash cow server or closing all potential progressions to mir from the community.

You're welcome jamie

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
When I still played 5H server I always found 5H forum dead like doornail, that's why I never bothered to register there (I thought maybe there is some more lively forum on that shitbook). Also when hayday of the server was past, its thread here or (forum section?) fell dead also, seemed like I was the last one wanting to make any comments on the server... Lately I dropped on just to see where 5H went in the half year since I stopped playing and its all full of awful candy which I dislike about mir most (wings, glows all over the place).

On topic, I seem to have been the first and maybe even last who voiced concerns about closed source of these modified files but don't remember I met with any sympathetic voice here on lomcn. My five cents

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire
tenor.gif

This is EXACTLY what came to mind. Even this exact .gif, exciting!

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
When I still played 5H server I always found 5H forum dead like doornail, that's why I never bothered to register there (I thought maybe there is some more lively forum on that shitbook). Also when hayday of the server was past, its thread here or (forum section?) fell dead also, seemed like I was the last one wanting to make any comments on the server... Lately I dropped on just to see where 5H went in the half year since I stopped playing and its all full of awful candy which I dislike about mir most (wings, glows all over the place).

On topic, I seem to have been the first and maybe even last who voiced concerns about closed source of these modified files but don't remember I met with any sympathetic voice here on lomcn. My five cents
and this is exactly why we have a community and loads of different servers. Cause not everyone likes the same stuff and that's perfectly fine

The forum is just for the server. It never will be lively it's only for discussing the server

if I asked Tai for my own section for file development can you imagine how that would be met?... lol

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Is this before or after you broke two fundamental lomcn rules?
Which is the 2nd rule I've broken?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by LOMCN Rules

Other: ADVERTISING
No advertising other Mir related forums without express permission from LOMCN Administration

Server forums for [SINGLE] MIR servers are fine and do not require permission

I have a forum, for my server, fiveheroes.net. Some users that are using my files asked for a section on my forums to temporarily use to keep track of change log etc. I've told them its not a final resting place for their server when it goes live, they must setup and use their own forum or LOMCN. WHERE AM I ADVERTISING THEIR GAME???

I mean how well is your server going to go honestly if you say ye come join my server (lets use marble for example) the forums are hosted on fiveheroes.net which is also a competitor of our server.... They then log onto fiveheroes.net and think hang on, marble is ****, lets play the game that actually has its own forums rather than marble. (go ahead comment that that is my plan all along to boost fiveheroes lol :applause:)

The sections haven't even been used lol.... if your that bothered I'll take them down, but you cannot dictate what I can and cant do on my forums. I bought the vbull license I'll do whatever I want with it.

You make out like I've got a section on there saying if you want my files, come to my forums, only post on my forums.. then added in other MMO chat, server status list, server advertising section etc and basically mirrored LOMCN, which I've not.

Your just being a dick and you know it. I contribute my fair share to the LOM community helping out in the help section etc. Dont see Sam from Chronicles boosting LOMCN numbers by having a direct link to lomcn from his website, or helping in help sections etc.

Oh but thats right you let Chronicles do what they want (like I dunno, use LOMCN to further develop and test their files, promise they are going to publicly release to keep the mir community alive, then oh ye.. take it closed source for $$$$) and advertise here cause they are such a big part of LOM, same with Marble.

Yet here I am offering a great start to new server mir developers by giving them a dedicated host, decent closed sources files and you're trying to say I'm the bad guy?

Honestly we've never seen eye to eye, but I'd have thought after this many years you'd have grown up a bit.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Your just being a dick and you know it. I contribute my fair share to the LOM community helping out in the help section etc. Dont see Sam from Chronicles boosting LOMCN numbers by having a direct link to lomcn from his website, or helping in help sections etc.

LOL, It's all about giving and taking, You have provided some information but also requested a lot of information in return but any decent release coming from you is probably non-existent for the Crystal Source. And Sam, TBH I cannot really remember when he actually posted on LOMCN I agree on the false claims regarding releasing the Basic pre archer/monk AceM2 files was a bad move on their part. But the team saw the $$$ signs, AND Ben you are the same.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
LOL, It's all about giving and taking, You have provided some information but also requested a lot of information in return but any decent release coming from you is probably non-existent for the Crystal Source. And Sam, TBH I cannot really remember when he actually posted on LOMCN I agree on the false claims regarding releasing the Basic pre archer/monk AceM2 files was a bad move on their part. But the team saw the $$$ signs, AND Ben you are the same.
What you on about? Every bug or exploit that was found in the crystal source was fed back to Far who added it to the public source.

For example, the big exploit that caused exp pots / drop pots etc to double their rate, making a 50% drop pot a 100% drop pot taking your mount on/off was found, fixed, and given to Far to add to the public. If I wasn't helping then why the **** would I do this?
Just cause I never publicly released it, doesn't mean I haven't helped and contributed to the community. Publicly releasing and say HEY LOOK AT THIS EXPLOIT is not the way to do it.

Name 1 server I've exploited or cheated on? Please I'm waiting.

What exactly do you want me to do? Post every bit of code I do on my files as snippet releases?? Just to be treated like more **** by Tai and his merry men?? Hmm.. let me think of that one and come back to you.

And ye exactly, Sam never posts here other than in his own post advertising his own server. He got what he wanted, he used the community to test his files then ****ed off.
You could argue Sam contributes nothing to LOMCN, he merely uses LOMCN to advertise and boost his server for free so why should he be allowed to advertise here still? Oh ye cause losing the biggest Mir server from this forums is not going to look good is it. (You could argue a similar claim with Mir revenge, but Lapta was an absolute twat, and I fully back up the decision to remove him from these forums. He stole others work and always claimed them as his own)
I just want to make something clear, I have nothing against Sam, and dont care what he does or doesnt do on LOMCN, he's just a good example. Lapta on the other hand is a ****.

Last edited:

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Which is the 2nd rule I've broken?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by LOMCN Rules

Other: ADVERTISING
No advertising other Mir related forums without express permission from LOMCN Administration

Server forums for [SINGLE] MIR servers are fine and do not require permission

I have a forum, for my server, fiveheroes.net. Some users that are using my files asked for a section on my forums to temporarily use to keep track of change log etc. I've told them its not a final resting place for their server when it goes live, they must setup and use their own forum or LOMCN. WHERE AM I ADVERTISING THEIR GAME???

I mean how well is your server going to go honestly if you say ye come join my server (lets use marble for example) the forums are hosted on fiveheroes.net which is also a competitor of our server.... They then log onto fiveheroes.net and think hang on, marble is ****, lets play the game that actually has its own forums rather than marble. (go ahead comment that that is my plan all along to boost fiveheroes lol :applause:)

The sections haven't even been used lol.... if your that bothered I'll take them down, but you cannot dictate what I can and cant do on my forums. I bought the vbull license I'll do whatever I want with it.

You make out like I've got a section on there saying if you want my files, come to my forums, only post on my forums.. then added in other MMO chat, server status list, server advertising section etc and basically mirrored LOMCN, which I've not.

Oh but thats right you let Chronicles do what they want (like I dunno, use LOMCN to further develop and test their files, promise they are going to publicly release to keep the mir community alive, then oh ye.. take it closed source for $$$$) and advertise here cause they are such a big part of LOM, same with Marble.

Yet here I am offering a great start to new server mir developers by giving them a dedicated host, decent closed sources files and you're trying to say I'm the bad guy?

Honestly we've never seen eye to eye, but I'd have thought after this many years you'd have grown up a bit.

I'll refer to my previous post...

I think you've taken my thread title a little too literally... but anyway

The point is you've taken files which were created and developed by this community for free, added to them yourself, then sold them on to other people to line your own pockets. Alongside offering your "customers" another service which we offer here (forums) thus potentially detracting from our concept/userbase/traffic more so.

I think you've undermined the entire community.

With regards, Chronicles, I don't really see the connection.. It's not a competition in who can give back the least..

Selling files has never been allowed, that's the bottom line here.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
With regards, Chronicles, I don't really see the connection.. It's not a competition in who can give back the least..

It's also pretty confusing since Sam wasn't in charge of the AceM2 files and I'm sure the call to not release in the end came from me.

Still don't regret that decision mind you. Mir as a community changed once Private Servers started introducing GameShops. Didn't really see the point in seeing other people profit from minimal effort on their side. It just took me a while to see that

Status
Not open for further replies.