Lost all my mir files

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
****ing around with a broken flash drive and have managed to completely wipe my external hdd which had every mir file I've ever had, along with a load of personal photos, old pc backups and god knows what

I'm raging :culpability: :cold:

I should probably take a backup of everything that's on mirfiles.com now as that's all we've got left :disturbed:

/crythread

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Oh **** :(

Let's all randomly throw files at him, with no cohesion, rhyme or reason!

Unfortunately I have none other than (currently) 12 differing sets of Crystal files :(

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
This is the thing... I don't know anyone else who made a point of keeping everything historical. Majority of it is probably useless now but still...there was a **** ton of nostalgia there

Also lost all the original interface psd's but I suppose that's not important now since breezer remade them in 32bit. Are those psd's safe somewhere?

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
HE was on a thread the other day saying he still had them if i recall. They are hosted here anywho.

Razarus

Sour Sally
Dedicated Member
Dec 6, 2013
I probably still have Euro 1.2(?) the first ones to leak.
If you want me to dig them out. Cant imagine anyone building off of that though!

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i have every mir file/image/sound from the beginning of time backed up 4 times if it helps.

My upload speed is about 100kb/s so not sure how i'd share it easily though

DjDarkBoyZ

Dev
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2006
127.Ø.Ø.1
****ing around with a broken flash drive and have managed to completely wipe my external hdd which had every mir file I've ever had, along with a load of personal photos, old pc backups and god knows what

I'm raging :culpability: :cold:

I should probably take a backup of everything that's on mirfiles.com now as that's all we've got left :disturbed:

/crythread

No way to recovery anything?
sorry for that :(

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
i have every mir file/image/sound from the beginning of time backed up 4 times if it helps.

@Tai can you upldoad un mirfiles for us too? :victorious:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
I've got pretty much every mir server client, loads of server files, viewers, etc basically tons of mir stuff on a cluster of hard drives

you should look at doing "storage spaces" with windows 10, good way to make sure you dont lose your ****.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England

Send me them on a stick & I'll upload them wherever for you, we just got a new 100/100 line at work.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Don't use the disk before you run recovery software on it, you can get files back.

Code:
[B][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/B][SIZE=1]CnW Recovery[/SIZE][B][SIZE=1] 

[/SIZE][/B][SIZE=1]http://suprafiles.co/ds1ifjb2iznt[/SIZE]
-------------------------------------------------------
[SIZE=1]Active UNFORMAT[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]
x86: http://suprafiles.co/4t921iwfey18
x64: http://suprafiles.co/93hnvo7qxhc2[/SIZE]
------------------------------
[SIZE=1]O&O DiskRecovery[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]http://suprafiles.co/yi0en1tskxog[/SIZE]

Last edited:

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
100 KB upload ouch how is that even poss i get 10mb upload on a dogshite EE line.

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Unless you've formatted the drive or made a point of deleting the stuff, then it's still there. The most basic of deletes is simply reversing two bytes to hide a file. Rudimentary recovery software will find these.
If you've removed a ram stick before the system was ready then, at worst, you have a small corruption, at best, restarting the setup with the ram stick replaced will recover the situation.
You're probably aware of all this but sometimes the obvious is the last thing we consider.

---------- Post Merged at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:13 AM ----------

I also have shed loads of files going back to the year dot. So shout if you can't get something from someone/somewhere else, I might just have it.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Unless you've formatted the drive or made a point of deleting the stuff, then it's still there. The most basic of deletes is simply reversing two bytes to hide a file. Rudimentary recovery software will find these.
If you've removed a ram stick before the system was ready then, at worst, you have a small corruption, at best, restarting the setup with the ram stick replaced will recover the situation.
You're probably aware of all this but sometimes the obvious is the last thing we consider.

---------- Post Merged at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:13 AM ----------

I also have shed loads of files going back to the year dot. So shout if you can't get something from someone/somewhere else, I might just have it.

It's essentially been formatted :chargrined:

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Even if you have, formatting doesn't actually "wipe" the data - just don't write anything to the drive & run some recovery utils.