Client Map Scrolling

smoochy boys on tour

UniTY

O.G.
VIP
Apr 29, 2003
Florida, USA
Mind blown at the Google Translate app's photo translation feature, that's awesome!
Indeed. Was super helpful while traveling in other countries. I've been using it since I started giving the Korean MIR 3 server a go. Now, if Google would just let me pipe the video feed from a game through it.. that'd be perfect :)

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
theres a app to translate photos?

Same question, before going to investigate. Does that mean I could use camera on my phone to translate Korean text in mir chatbox or text in webpages that is in pictures and so can't be copied out to paste into translating soft?

When I played Korean Happy server I thought Koreans retyped Latin alphabet from chatbox into google translate running in webpage on their computer which enabled them to know what I was saying and then write answer in Korean and paste into mir chatbox the English translation of that. It was one way process only since I could never retype their picture symbols into GTranslate on my side, not even if I had Korean keyboard LOL

But even so, it is of limited use since mir item info and generally terms being used in games are 'greek' to any translating program, you get gibberish or something that looks like talking to somebody on lsd trip :apple:

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I guess it uses 'OCR' technology. I actually already have the app, just I've been using it to translate spoken words in past, tried it now on screenshots from korean happy server and I am not impressed.

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Do we need an account to download the client for this mir 3d? Wanting to see if this tool works for ripping assets out of the client.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Do we need an account to download the client for this mir 3d? Wanting to see if this tool works for ripping assets out of the client.

Been trying to get the client for ages to do exactly this, I've been ripping the UI from screenshots lol

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland

Nah, http://cq.clientdown.sdo.com/download_10118/cqyh_10118_download.exe what's the tool you want to try? I tried a few UE3 editors but no joy. The file tend to be structured differently for each UE game so the tool has to be tailored specifically

Been trying to get the client for ages to do exactly this, I've been ripping the UI from screenshots lol

Did you get far with that? I'm a big fan of the UI

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
The games mechanics seem to be the same as what we use already in terms of movement?

I'd imagine it wouldn't be too different to code it in from scratch like has been done a number of times already, as long as the data files can be extracted.

Surely someone must have done it by now lol.

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Nah, http://cq.clientdown.sdo.com/download_10118/cqyh_10118_download.exe what's the tool you want to try? I tried a few UE3 editors but no joy. The file tend to be structured differently for each UE game so the tool has to be tailored specifically

Did you get far with that? I'm a big fan of the UI

http://www.gildor.org/en/projects/umodel

As you say might not work if they have changed the structure of how they store the models, which wouldn't surprise me as they would of had to change a lot of the code for UE3 to enable more than 64 connections would be nice just to reverse the packet stuff and all we would need to build is a server but thats easier said than done.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
really don't kno why they won't bring out an English version, would be epic.