Which image uploading site

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
is free and allows you to see the uploaded picture here in posts directly, that is without going to visit some link?

We have very punny 3MB limit here, that's why I would like to upload elsewhere.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
The limit on here is pretty restricting but 3MB isn't really puny. That's about 30 images for the average image i've wanted to post on here.

I use my own site to host my images now I'm at my limit (legendofmir.uk) but imgur and the others are all pretty popular. You can't throw a stone without hitting an image hosting site these days.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I suppose so, that about throwing a stone... but typically those sites allow you only to post a link here, they do not show the image on here, at least I think that's how it is.

I used to have my own site but not currently. I tried mediafire where I have free acct but that also only posts link here, that is you don't see the pictures here in posts, and on top of that exposes my user name on there if I 'share' the pictures to public.

I hope it can be done that you load here the pics in thread which you host elsewhere? Probably need own website to do that?

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i use imgur - just use the direct link and embed without image tags to see directly

0bFvgyU.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Also if you're uploading 3mb images you should be resaving them in a better format first.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Upload to imgur

Right click image > copy image address

Paste on forum inside img tags

Lnk3dBi.png

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Thanks, put them up on imgur, only problem is that I have them ordered as I want but 'imbed' link starts with different image, maybe if I started image names with digits like 1 2 etc but meh, you can see the job I did on that korean happy server thread.

http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthre...Name-HAPPY-Server-Files&p=1064748#post1064748

---------- Post Merged at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Upload to imgur

Right click image > copy image address

Paste on forum inside img tags

they even have "</> Embed Post" that gives you link to do it automatically, just it doesn't start showing with pic #1 but 4 or something like that, then shows those first 3 later in sequence.

I suppose I could do the images one by one but too much work as it is already. Maybe when I have it all pat down.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
I've used puush for yonks now, and you can set it up nicely, like double click the icon in the tray to capture an area, but recently a software has been changed to allow that, so recently switched over to my own... -.- https://img.smir.co.uk/YVOfijYp.png

highly recommend puush though, older client is better then the sharex version, sharex is full of so much bloat.

use an upload and just enclose it in [img][/img] to make...

YVOfijYp.png