Request A thought?

smoochy boys on tour

vanjambles

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 2, 2013
So mir always has an array of servers come up n go down i've long since given up trying to track them all, and i think we have all just accepted this as how it goes (obvious exceptions are obvious,) but heres my question, and I should stress i know practically nothing about mir (from a running it side) or running any sort of game for that matter so if i say something stupid, thats why i'm asking :P

Anywho, Most servers shut down due to expenses of running the server (citation needed) or a lack of player base, why dont we have multiple servers on a single client, much like D and P, only u could have varients on the servers to suit the player base, i.e. a high rate and low rate, a pvp heavy or pve heavy server etc etc... but all hosted on the same hardware? if thats completely infeesable then please act as though i didnt speak so i can keep my ego intact :) but mir servers surely dont take much to host compared to most modern games, both due to minimalistic game itself and low player count in general compared to most games, so surely a server capable of hosting those could host multiple mir servers?

as a side note, how impossible would it be for someone with next to no knowledge of running a mir server to get one sorted out for my parents? essentially they wouldnt care for more than them on it or not, and just want a super basic ultra low rate server that will stay up for ages, which is most likely to be achieved by me making one for them than any of you lovely people doing it as high rate seems far more popular :)

thanks for all your time, gonna go back to winning the war against the omas now :)

Netskee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 17, 2013
Loughborough, UK
Download the crystal files. Super simple to get up and running.

I've no idea on the other part of ur question but it would be pretty sweet to have all servers on one client. I can imagine there would be issues regarding the files that the auto Patcher would be downloading for multiple servers. If it could be done tho maybe it could rule out some of these servers that are P2w to "cover server costs" a little

Upvote 0