Another newby / question thread!

Upshot

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 13, 2017
Hi all! I played Mir 2 back in the old days when it was first released, watching it on Sky where he'd whack away at a SPFX scarecrow and reading out our text messages, boy oh boy, was that a great time to game!

Anyway, I was really wondering what the most active server would be, and how long servers generally stay active & alive? Is there any real point in joining one like "Archons" as I have read several places that they're bound to just die?.. And if they are, does it mean there's no real point in playing/downloading any of the current servers? I'm really interested in getting back in to it, but I'm not too comfortable with the idea of running around with only 30 people in the world!

If you guys could answer any of my questions and generally help me understand all of this a bit better, I would be very much obliged!! Thank you!

Have a nice day/night/morning :)

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Is there any real point in joining one like "Archons" as I have read several places that they're bound to just die?.. And if they are, does it mean there's no real point in playing/downloading any of the current servers?

Ignore the butthurt people, if you think you'll like Archons then play Archons. People have got it in to their heads lately that if the server doesn't 100% suit their needs then it's not worth anyone playing it. Just play what you like the look of and make your own decisions, i wouldn't trust the opinion of most people on this forum.

Upshot

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 13, 2017
Thanks for the replies guys. Very helpful. Hope to get involved soon!

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017
what was that old server called where the summon skellie had a big aoe attack?

Ponchan

LOMCN n00bie
May 10, 2017
I remember watching on Game Network too, I can't believe how long ago it was now...
Actually I was in your position last week and I recently joined Marble server and have been having a good time on there. There seems to be at least 40 people on at any time, so maybe it's a bit small for what you want.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
The player count 30+ doesn't seem too high but you do bump into people fairly frequently.
Play what you like the look of mate!