[GSP] Unable to Retrieve Character

Fub4r

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2005
So this is a new error for me, just booting up the server that i've not changed in months and all of a sudden getting this new error, I am not sure if its client based or server side, but seeing no errors in communication with SQL or any log errors. Anyone know if this is client side or the fix for this?

Thanks

DjDarkBoyZ

Dev
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2006
127.Ø.Ø.1
Normally not happens.
Its a server side issue.
Recheck loginsrv config, dbserver config, next go to sql and take a look for store procedures, msp_character_list i think.
But if you dont touch anything normally dont fail.
Provably you changed something and dont apply for next boot its now and you dont remember what touched time ago.

Upvote 0

Fub4r

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2005
Checked all procedures and installed a fresh DB, getting this error from one of the logs;

2017-05-14 14:51:51 Logger Started.
2017-05-14 14:52:32 - SM_QUERYCHR_FAIL "Account Name"

Its really thrown me as nothing has changed since August 2016 so I don't see why it would not work now. I might be an idiot as I do not have any VB installed anymore which could be the cause of it not being able to search....

---------- Post Merged at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Still having the same issue (not intending to bump the thread). Reinstalled SQL, brand new DB's, local host setup, same issue... no name changes, everything has been checked over to make sure its all basic setup. Any more advice would really help I have no idea what could be causing this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fub4r

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2005
I found the problem, it was me i overlooked one line which i had previously added captions to state change me but chose to ignore it lol!

Thanks for the help anyway lol

Upvote 0

charminghome

LOMCN n00bie
Sep 19, 2017
I am not sure if its client based or server side, but seeing no errors in communication with SQL or any log errors.

Upvote 0