Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Starr - exploiting

Starr - exploiting

Hi,

Just had a fight with Starr and she/he group invite exploiting. Running away from PK as multiple people chasing me and boom Starr invites me to a group and almost 1 shots me as I'm a Tao, luckily I had quick reactions and rejected it but this is a clear abuse of the intended system. Please ban the Muppet.

Re: Starr - exploiting

@allowgroup???

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    @allowgroup???
    You can only allow or disable group, if you disable group you cannot fight with your group as intended, this guy is clearly abusing the system for gain, please don't make excuses for the cheating scum.

Understand you are annoyed, but its gamesmanship at best, and calling it an exploit is very, very far fetched.

Just turn off allowgroup next time.

Quote Originally Posted by WargodSius View Post
    Understand you are annoyed, but its gamesmanship at best, and calling it an exploit is very, very far fetched.

Just turn off allowgroup next time.
    If you turn off group then you cannot be in a group with the people who are your friends! It is exploiting 100%

So when you want to group with your friends, allow group. When you aren't grouping, turn it off.

If you are already in a group, the pop up wont appear, as the person inviting you will get a message saying you are already in group - you won't be effected.

Once your in a group it automatically changes you to group allow invites... If you turn it off, you leave the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironstorm View Post
    Once your in a group it automatically changes you to group allow invites... If you turn it off, you leave the group.
    I wrote 2 lines. You have ignored the second completely. No one suggested turning it off if you were in group, because that is just common sense. But to clarify:

It does not matter if allowgroup is on if you are in a group. For that very fact... you are in a group. You can't be invited to a group if you are currently in a group. Thus:

1) You were in a group, meaning you can't turn allowgroup off ... but its ok a Starr couldn't use this 'exploit' on you as you are in a group
    2) You weren't in a group, but turn allowgroup off (as you don't need it on, and shouldnt have it on) ... starr can't use this 'exploit'

Ah yeah Jamie needs to change something then thought you could stop invites if you were in a group without leaving. People used this for ages don't think it calls for a ban but dirty tactics!

1) You were in a group, meaning you can't turn allowgroup off ... but its ok a Starr couldn't use this 'exploit' on you as you are in a group

Jamie might have changed this so you do receive invites if you are in a group to save leaving a group to join another. I haven't tried it but if what he is saying is true then just needs changing so you can stop invites while in a group without booting you.
    Last edited by Xander; 18-05-2017 at 04:53 PM.

I wrote 2 lines. You have ignored the second completely. No one suggested turning it off if you were in group, because that is just common sense. But to clarify:

It does not matter if allowgroup is on if you are in a group. For that very fact... you are in a group. You can't be invited to a group if you are currently in a group. Thus:

2) You weren't in a group, but turn allowgroup off (as you don't need it on, and shouldnt have it on) ... starr can't use this 'exploit'
    Regardless of what's happened, he's exploiting on unsuspecting suspects and should be banned, I've also heard from friends he was doing trade window exploit during pk

11.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11

Sorry but how is he exploiting a feature when you have the option to either allow it or not.

What people are saying turn off allow group button inside group box?

[OO\Skyline/OO]

Quote Originally Posted by daneo1989 View Post
    Sorry but how is he exploiting a feature when you have the option to either allow it or not.

What people are saying turn off allow group button inside group box?
    Ask yourself, why invite someone to a group whilst pking them? Oh yeah to stop the running so you can drop them. Pretty sure the game wasn't made to be that way!

To be fair, it shouldn't remove focus from the main screen when popping up anyway. That way it wouldn't stop running. But when you have the ability to so easily avoid this situation, it's hardly important.

To be fair, it shouldn't remove focus from the main screen when popping up anyway. That way it wouldn't stop running. But when you have the ability to so easily avoid this situation, it's hardly important.
    Ok your logic is flawed -

1 - If a pop up comes up, you have an extra task aswell as running away.
    2 - The group pop up does stop your character from running
    3 - He's also trade bugging people so that he can prevent them from running away
    4 - YOUR STICKING UP FOR A GLITCHING / EXPLOITER, what's wrong with you?

15.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #15

Just so I am clear.

He tried to group you during PK.

You were NOT in a group and were ALLOWING group?
    A bigger, better carrot.... Coming soon.

Zircon Home Page,

Zircon Download

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast